Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call her Minuette or Colgate

Paladybug1

She'll always be Colgate for me, but I accept Minuette as her canon name

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Colgate. That's how I first heard of her(way back when) and it's stuck ever since. Although I do acknowledge Minuette as her canon name, and even reserve 'Colgate' as some form of headcanon nickname. Perhaps she hated the name Colgate and changed it. :3

I prefer Minuette. When I hear Colgate, I think to the brand of toothpaste xD

That was the joke of the name's creation. Because her mane and tail look like toothpaste. xD

Edited by Unikitty

I never knew she was called Colgate, I've always known her as Minuette (thanks to the Gameloft app and now 'Amending Fences'). 

I never knew she was called Colgate, I've always known her as Minuette (thanks to the Gameloft app and now 'Amending Fences'). 

Colgate was her fan name :) 

I really prefer Minuette since "colgate" is basically "hang you" in spanish and sound weird to me.

Minuette. I never really understood the name "Colgate" tbh :P

"Colgate" stems from a joke in the fandom because Minny's mane and tail look a lot like toothpaste. "Colgate" is possibly the most known brand, and "Colgate" is a real name, so it stuck. When she was shown to wear a doctor's robe in Luna Eclipsed, it really stuck.

For me its Minuette, Colgate was probably scraped because of copyright reasons.

I doubt it. "Minuette" has been her official name since 2011, and fandon was still growing but young at the time; Amending Fences was the first time "Minuette" was used in the show.

• Brohoof 3

I didn't learn that Colgate was her fan-given name until very recently. Since Amending Fences was the first time I ever really recognized her being acknowledged, Minuette is what I call her.