Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call her Minuette or Colgate

Paladybug1

I called her Colgate in the past, but only insofar as it was her only known name back then. Since Minuette is her official name and she actually refers to herself by it, I shall call her Minuette, except perhaps outside casual convos and memes.

And for those who ask that the show refer to her or call her Colgate, that's not a very wise idea. Nor is trying to have her portrayed with toothbrush and toothpaste related themes and items on the show. For a fan its fine. But considering that Colgate is very likely a trademark name, having FiM use that name would be asking for a potentially big heap of legal trouble.

Minuette.

Sometimes, when i need a moment for stuff, i say "Wait a minuette!" and my friends answer with annoyed eyerolling.

(They're not bronies, but hell, they accepted this part of me, and do even sometimes ponyjokes by themselves.. best friends ever ♥)

Personally I like calling her Colgate more than Minuette as I don't find Minuette to roll of the tongue as easily as the former name.

But when referring to her canon appearances such as in Amending Fences I guess I should call her Minuette as it is her real name and not the fannon name.

Since i never watched the really new episodes, i saw her never really in the Show.

So, i only know her by the name of Colgate. So i call her Colgate because thats what i hear by most fan animations  :wacko:

Minuette's official, and I've always liked it a lot more anyway.

His fandom name was Snowflake, but I don't really like that name so I just refer to him as Bulk Biceps.

Both Snowflake and Roid Rage were fandom names. Snowflake was more common here, and I saw Roid Rage used a lot on /mlp/. I preferred Roid Rage, but Bulk Biceps is official so that's what I call him now.

• 2 months later...

I doubt it. "Minuette" has been her official name since 2011, and fandon was still growing but young at the time; Amending Fences was the first time "Minuette" was used in the show.

"Minuette" came up with the wave 3 blindbags, but it came from an outrageously unreliable source for pony names, namely Hasbro's toy designers who — apart from the Mane 6 and a few more major characters — often disregard already existing names or change them even if they've been spoken out in the show itself. Examples:
  • They named Daisy "Flower Wishes". Daisy is called by name by Rose in "Bridle Gossip".
  • They named Rose "Roseluck". Rose is called by name by Twilight Sparkle in "Bridle Gossip".
  • They named The Great & Powerful Trixie "Lulamoon". Her name is mentioned 40× in "Boast Busters" alone, 20× by herself.
  • They named Suri Polomare "Buttonbelle". It isn't like her name is never said in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" when she is the mane antagonist.
  • They named Babs Seed "Sweetie Babs". It isn't like the song in "One Bad Apple" is named after her. And she's the mane antagonist for the better part of the episode yet again.
The whole "Hasbro's toy names are canon" schtick is actually rooted in the MLP:FiM Wiki's policies which are carbon copied from Wikipedia despite not really being applicable to a fan wiki. They define what a reliable information source is. And since Wikipedia defines fan sites of all kinds unreliable by default, the MLP:FiM Wiki does as if there isn't any proof to be found anywhere for any of the fan names because they can only be found on fan sites. Hence, whenever Hasbro's toy designers give a name to a toy modeled after a background pony, the MLP:FiM Wiki is forced by its own policy to purge every last hint of the fan name froom the entire site.

Many bronies, however, have gotten this wrong. They think that the MLP:FiM Wiki purges fan names in favour of toy names because Hasbro declares what's canon. Regardless of the fact that the MLP:FiM Wiki has a ban on the "canon" notion itself. Some even go as far as declaring the toy names canon over the show itself, leading to nopony calling Rose "Rose" anymore because Hasbro's toy designers claimed her name was Roseluck. Hasbro's toy designers don't have a clue what's canon if they keep going against established show canon.

For this reason, I called her "Colgate" until she was called "Minuette" on screen. And to this day, I continue to call all the other background ponies by either their show names or, if they don't have one, by their fan names.

"Carrot Top". There, I said it.

By the way, it's interesting how DHX kept Camilla from calling the pony known to most as Amethyst Star by any name — although I think I'm one out of five or so bronies world-wide who still call her "Sparkler" and who might be in a position to complain about her new name. And in the same episode, they confirmed both "Lyra" and "Bon Bon" (which is the name by which everypony in town knows her, so it's far from Jossed).

They named The Great & Powerful Trixie "Lulamoon". Her name is mentioned 40× in "Boast Busters" alone, 20× by herself.

Trixie is more than likely just a stage name and her real name is Lulamoon its super,super common for performers to have stage names. Rose is short for Roseluck they're best friends what best friend is super formal and uses their friend's full name. Lyra's full name is Lyra Heartstrings and it was said in the show that Bon Bon is her fake name which puts it in the same category as Trixie's, Sweetie Drops is her real name in the episode. Golden Harvest sounds better than Carrot Top and it suits her more, Carrot Top doesn't even make sense for a female pony since its a male comedian's pseudonym maybe for her male counterpart but it just doesn't suit a girl character. I call Minuette Minuette because that's her name plus colgate is just a pun bronies made because her hair looked like toothpaste,but you can always just shorten Minuette to Mint if you want. Edited by CookieK

• 1 month later...