Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call her Minuette or Colgate

Paladybug1

I usually go with what the show labels/names characters. I liked the name Colgate, but I think Minuette sounds better :)

• Brohoof 1

I see Minuette and Colgate as two different ponies. Minuette lives in Canterlot, went to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, and is personal friends with Twilight and Pinkie. Colgate is a dentist in Ponyville who is a complete creation of the fandom and will almost certainly never be acknowledged as canon. This is how I explain the presence of the two identical ponies in some background shots, Colgate lives there and Minuette said she visits Lyra in Ponyville frequently.

So, in short, I use both :please:

• Brohoof 1

I'll always call her Colgate, because when I was younger I thought "Minuette" was pronounced "Minute" and thought Colgate sounded better. Minuette has a nice ring to it, but I just prefer Colgate. *shrug*

Minuette

Colgate is just her undercover name to hide her identity

...despite having a bright blue coat, mane, tail and a rather tell-tale Cutie Mark

It doesn't share the same design with Time Turner's Cutie Mark; Minuette's has brighter yellow top and bottom pieces

I also think Turner's is slightly slimmer

(edited)

Honestly I prefer calling her "Minuette" a lot better to be honest. Just like I prefer "Bulk Biceps" to "Roid Rage" or whatever other fandom name he had back before he had a canon name. 

His fandom name was Snowflake, but I don't really like that name so I just refer to him as Bulk Biceps.

Edited by Paladybug1

No offense fandom, but Colgate is one really lame name. She's Minuette, and that name is better by leaps and bounds.

Naming a pony after a brand of toothpaste... yeah, no copyright issues there. Not to mention her mane really doesn't look any more like toothpaste than say, Lyra's. :pout:

• Brohoof 4

I have never seen this pony before, but I will now call her Colgate until the end of my days.  Even though I'm pretty sure Colgate is a brand of toothpaste, it just makes me think of the words "cold" and "stargate" combined, which seems to mach her color scheme very well.

I call her Colgate in reference to fandom interpretations, and Minuette in reference to canon interpretations of the character, because this is one case in which the canon and fanon versions of the character have definitively split.

Obviously, trademark issues are why she cannot be referred to as Colgate in the show. In addition, even as other background characters have had their fan interpretations canonized, Minuette was never referred to as being interested in dentistry as the fandom has. At this point I can safely say Minuette and Colgate might as well be two different characters, and I now prefer the canon version considering her role in "Amending Fences".

• Brohoof 2

I prefer to say Minuette as her name since that's her original name in the Gameloft app and from the episode "Amending Fences", previously I said was Colgate as that's a fan name a few years ago. Minuette does look like the symphonic name to "Minuet".  :)

• 1 month later...

the official name always overrides the fan made name... once they made it clear her name is Minuette I started calling her that... then soon after she became my new favorite pony... but now that I think of it was Minuette another fan made name?... hmm probably not...

also fun fact... "Minuette" is Estonian for "My advance"

His fandom name was Snowflake, but I don't really like that name

I didn't like it either... for obvious reasons... I'm the true Snowflake...

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame