Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite spot on earth?

alpinefroggy

There is obviously your favorite place but is there a specific spot on earth that is your favorite?  Like a specific spot that you love and can spend a trememdous amount of time at a rock or bench in a cool place for instance

For me its a bench in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone located in front of my favorite geyser named Daisy.  What is it for you?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In the arms of the one I love

As for physical location...

I like walking on beaches at sunrise/set

Alas, there aren't any beaches near where I live and I haven't been to Florida in years

Edited by The Nth Doctor

Florence, Italy. Positively gorgeous, and homeland to one of mankind's greatest writers, Dante Alighieri. I look forward to being able to go back, and climb to the top of the Duomo once more, and then have time to climb to the top of the belfry next to it too!

I love Skiing and Mountain Biking. I love beeing in the Nature with no civilisation arround just enjoying the fresh air and the speed of my bike or my ski <3 so for me it would be the Alps arround my home ^^

A place where grass grows thick on small hills and colorful robins, humming birds, and blue jays soar through the sky singing their song during an early afternoon in the spring. I could just lye there while the gentle wind brushes my face and the warm sun stares down from the partly cloudy sky. Maybe a loved one could be there too.

I don't know if such a place actually exists, but if it does, I would go there. A place like that would bring me such bliss.

There's a port village on the westernmost edge of Scotland called Portpatrick which is surrounded by beautiful, rugged coastline which you can walk/climb around. There's a cosy pub pretty much on the harbour front where I distinctly remember sitting with my friends, waiting to be picked up by their parents, with a drink and a steaming, freshy caught crab. Happy times :)

Either that or there's a fudge shop in the little town of Richmond, Yorkshire, that can't be beat!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to say either my room (as filled with junk as it is), or my aunt's house in Mayo, near a mountain... haven't been there in years, but there's something so peaceful and refreshing about it.

It would have to be the town of Jackson, WY, which is not too far away from where I live, and the Tetons which surround it. The image below is a picture of the Grand Teton, the highest peak in the range, and the second highest in Wyoming. Jackson also has a neat little arch made of deer and elk antlers, which is cool. I do hope to climb the Grand Teton someday. :D

grte8748.jpeg

Wrapped up in a snugly blanket in the dead of winter, with snow falling all around covering the yard while I sink down in the most comfy chair with a steamy cup of hot cocoa with little marshmallows and a good book! 

That is just a slice of heaven right there! :D