Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furry, brony, synonym?

Shadowrunner

I think bronies differed more in the early years when they were more associated with 4chan and pony memes and such but now it's just what @EpicEnergysaid. 

Furries and bronies are both silly and create communities and content around cute furry things :3 

• Brohoof 1

@TomDaBombMLP true, they are distinct communities. I don't go here and think "Let's go back to the furry fan-site about ponies." And I don't consider myself a furry. I knew a few furries and they had furry communities they participated in which were not really linked to much of the MLP fan-stuff I did.

On the other hoof some of the pony stuff I do, like the odd anthro RP does feel closer to what those friends did as furs.

This song is relevant to this thread :D Just happened to be listening to it too! 

Needs more Fur :3

Nope

At most you could say its a subset (at least for some people) but even then nahh it's pretty different furry has a distinct identity that is quite different. It is as furry as pokemon can be furry and if anything pokemon is more furry XD

Some furries hate bronies still or mock them so yeaa.

• 3 months later...

No, they are not synonymous with each other. A furry is a fan of anthropomorphic animals in general. A brony is a fan of the show My Little Pony: friendship is magic. The difference is that furries are interested in an entire concept while bronies simply enjoy one show that just so happens to have talking multicolored ponies in it. Sure, a brony could also be a furry and vice versa but the two fandoms are not the same.