Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a Night Owl or a Morning Person?

SolyWack

I myself am very much a night owl, as evidence by when im typing this. I could stay up until 3 a.m. without feeling drowsy, but in the morning I just want pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Ive thought about trying to become a morning person, but that would entail going to bed earlier, no thank you.

So what are you guys? Can you easily pull all nighters? Or can you wake up at 6 a.m. like you just drank a 5-Hour Energy?

• Brohoof 11

Work demands that I be a morning person, so if I HAVE to get up early, I can force myself to and I usually function just fine. But I'm a night owl by choice. If I don't have any reason to wake up early the next day, I'll stay up until as late as 1 AM. I used to go even later than that, but I'm not as used to it.

• Brohoof 2

I am very much a night owl. I love to burn the midnight oil watching YouTube videos, playing video games, or just watching TV. I'm also a night owl because of college. Those stereotypical late-night studying sessions are real and, man oh man, they eat up hours faster than I eat up tacos :P

• Brohoof 1

Night owl.

I feel sorry for any one who has even been within three feet of me in the mornings. Don't talk to me, look at me, touch my stuff, or smile. And if you wake me up when I have plenty of time to sleep, you better have good self esteem.

It's hard cos work, but I try to wake up earlier when I work the early shifts and have some java monster.

• Brohoof 1

Work demands that I be a morning person, so if I HAVE to get up early, I can force myself to and I usually function just fine. But I'm a night owl by choice. If I don't have any reason to wake up early the next day, I'll stay up until as late as 1 AM. I used to go even later than that, but I'm not as used to it.

Same here, because of preparatory school I always go to bed early, while I'd prefer to stay up very late.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much a night owl, because I really prefer to enternain myself for more hours than to go to sleep early, and I even the same mentality for school nights but I try to sleep early because it's important for me so I can focus at school and not fall asleep in my class.

So in brief I'm a night owl but more in the summer than the school season

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definatley a night person. When given the oppotunity, I've been known to become nocturnal for sometimes more than a week. (Going to bed at 6-7am and waking up at 5-7pm) Probably not super healthy but Nightime is best time :P

Edited by Pone
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a night owl, I really like the night hours for doing stuff :3

However I don't like getting up really late, so I've recently edited my schedule to turn off my computer for the night at an "early" 12:30 AM. There's just something I really don't like about getting up at noon or later. :/

I think once I get into the groove of actually getting enough sleep each night, I'll start taking occasional nights to stay up a lot later and just get not enough sleep. It'll be worth! ^^

• Brohoof 1

Early bird! I am much more productive on all fronts if I get up at 6:00. That and it makes me happy that my day feels that bit longer to do stuff with!

Then it's bed time at 10:30 :P

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a night owl, sometimes going to sleep at 6-11AM and waking up in the evening or nighttime. Now it's the polar opposite, I wake up at 7AM everyday, thinking about going a step further down to 6:30 or 6AM too~

• Brohoof 1

cant I choose both?

For me, im a morning person. I like waking up early to see the sun go up but at nights? I get very tired and stressed.

Pulling all-nighters since middle school i can safely say i'm a night owl. I despise mornings, mainly because my brain doesn't usually wake up until noon.

However, not only that i'm used to long hours, i feel at my best during nighttime, i literally feel more productive, more attentive, and generally more energetic, and i usually prefer working on school projects, homework when i'm home. When the following day isn't a school day, i sometimes make strong overtime while on duty at a graveyard shift at work.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to say I have a healthy schedule of sleep but I don't. I wish to some day be normal in my sleeping patterns but I just have too many thoughts running through my head at any given time. I also get uncomfortable quite quickly, so that can also play a factor into not getting to sleep. I more often than not just tire myself out by watching a TON of YouTube videos. Although I feel the YouTube videos keep me awake longer than I'd like. My wake up times range from 11am to 5pm, I just feel really bad when I skip large chunks of the day like this.

• Brohoof 1