Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Summer or Winter good where you live?

Sky Knight

Summer or Winter?  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Is Summer or Winter better where you live?

• Summer is better here.
    • Both are okay.
    • Winter is better here.
    • They're both bad.

I vastly prefer the interim seasons. I live in the Midwest, so when it's cold it's cold and when it's hot it's hot but not just hot it's sticky (thanks to the insane humidity). 

• Brohoof 1

I vastly prefer the interim seasons. I live in the Midwest, so when it's cold it's cold and when it's hot it's hot but not just hot it's sticky (thanks to the insane humidity). 

I hate feeling sticky during a heatwave. >.<

• Brohoof 1

Wisconsin winters are LEGEND for being some of the worst and coldest weather around.

We get constant 70's and 80's in summer but you know what? I want warmer weather! I want a 90 degree day. I don't get why so many of you ponies love winter. Imma stick with summer.    

• 4 weeks later...
They are both ok, but sometimes, it could be better. This year, the summer in Germany was a mix of good and bad. We had some really hot days (some days was to hot), but the problem is, that this hot days are only 3 or 4 days and than, it became colder for some days. The summer was like an rollercoaster. In the last winter the same. 

But most of the time, we have either a really hot summer/cold snowy winter, or we have a really cold rainy summer/mild snowless winter. This is at least my feeling about it. 

Here in the midwest Summer's and Winters are both equally painful. Winters here can be frigid and icy with no snow at all. Summers are hot and muggy, though we've gotten decently mild summers here in the past 2 years. Rhode Island had much more tolerable Summers, though the winters can be dreadful. 

Both the winters and summers here are extreme.  The winters are long and cold, and lately there's a guaranteed blizzard every season.  The summers are hot, humid, and muggy.  The A/C is on all the time.

It doesn't snow here. Ever. Temperatures don't deviate much from 29ºC (84.2ºF) year-round. The lowest recorded temperature last year was 20ºC but the highest was 35ºC. The average highs lies between 29ºC and 32ºC with the average lows between 24ºC and 26ºC.

This is what the temperatures looked like for the year 2014:

temperature_temperature_c.png

Weather's pretty boring over here. Clouds can provide shade and some rain but that's pretty much it.

Edited by Hyric

Irish summers are generally where the temperature is at optimum, though we do occasionally get heat waves it's rarely for more then 2 weeks.  Winter is usually just grey, depressing, and very wet. >.<

Living in Mississippi.. I can say that summer here sucks. :P It is sooo hot. I have always loved winter and fall better, but I will say we have had our bad winters before. I recall one chilling winter where I could not open my car. THAT cold. >.< Ugh. I have always said I'd rather be cold than hot. Still stands for me. :)

I would say Summer is better everywhere. I hate winter with a passion, it is so meh, I hate the cold, I like hot and humid better, always have. Cold is just lack of energy and I just can't stand it, plus snow sucks. In Colorado it snows a whole heapload!

Both suck. I live in Idaho, so I'd forgive you for thinking the winters are worse here (assuming you even know it exists). Nope. The winters are surprisingly good compared to some places. It's still pretty bad. I live in that part of Idaho where even if it does snow, it's usually only slushy. I've lived here for ten years, and I only remember one time where the snowfall was actually like something you'd see in a Christmas movie. If it's going to snow, it should be like that. And the summers? Hot. We recently hit 43° C (110° F). That's not even the highest temperature this year. There's a reason why autumn's my favorite season.

They're both pretty good where I live, summer is just a little bit hot (Well, I mean the CANADIAN definition of hot, the one where buildings don't randomly catch fire and people melt into puddles of goo, just a little too hot to be comfortable at worst), and our winters are pretty cold, usually negative 10-30 (Although -30 doesn't usually happen, it did a lot last winter), Celsius of course, you know, where 0 degrees is 0 degrees for a reason (freezing point of water) and not because we just felt like it might fit.

With Canada's extreme superiority aside (Except for the metric system, I don't really like it as much), I'll just continue with wat I was saying. Since I live in Nova Scotia, we usually get tons of rain, but since rain kinda doesn't happen 30 degrees bellow, during winter it snows a lot, which some people don't like, but I love (Even though I have to shovel our driveway). Unfortunately, right after winter comes spring, which is  basically a bad version of winter for a month or so, then it become something more like a large aquarium, but with people holding umbrellas instead of fish, and much, much more water.

Down here in Australia I always find myself looking forward to winter in summer, and then vice versa. So really, they both suck. Hovering at about a boiling 25-30 degrees celcius in summer and a freezing 5-10 degrees in winter, I much prefer the middle seasons, much calmer.

• Brohoof 1

Where I live. The summers are too hot the winters are too cold the springs are just peachy and the fall is full of scares....... That sums up every year I've been alive

Down here in Australia I always find myself looking forward to winter in summer, and then vice versa. So really, they both suck. Hovering at about a boiling 25-30 degrees celcius in summer and a freezing 5-10 degrees in winter, I much prefer the middle seasons, much calmer.

WHAT?! You find yourself in 77 degrees F? While in summer I am in the 100s?! Gosh darn aussies and their good weather..... Not fair. In the winters it drops to freezing most of the time!