Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Summer or Winter good where you live?

Sky Knight

Summer or Winter?  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Is Summer or Winter better where you live?

• Summer is better here.
    • Both are okay.
    • Winter is better here.
    • They're both bad.

The winters here are mild. I rarely get cold in my home, and when I do, simply putting on some PJs and socks will do the trick. A decent jacket and maybe some gloves are all that's necessary for outdoors, but it's rare to see freezing temperatures.

Summers can be pretty warm, but after having lived in Arizona for years, I can honestly say the summers here are no sweat, pun not intended. We had a hotter summer than usual this year, but I survived.

Most of the time the weather is glorious. Very little rain or snow, and we're in the midst of a bad drought, but at least we're cozy. So come on over to Southern California and enjoy paradise. :P

Where I live summer is terrible. Arkansas sucks in the spring or summer but fall and winter are great. However there have been some bad times. Like one year the power was out for a couple of weeks and another time we used a generator so we could stay warm at gmas house and it caught fire i was outside stark for about thirty five minutes in three feet of snow with no shoes on. The houae was completely burned down fifthteen minutes later

Edited by Grim Mortis

I generally prefer the summers here compared to the winters.

The winters here have the most random weather patterns that I cannot fathom them to this day. Even if I've been living here for almost two decades, I don't get it.

Edited by Kelldrick

Both are pretty terrible. In the summer, it's hotter than an oven, and just standing outside for more than three seconds makes you sweat. Concerning winter, I live in Texas, so if it snows at all everyone considers it a blizzard; school's canceled, everything shuts down, and it's pretty much a ghost town.

I live in Massachusetts. Summers are too hot, winters are too snowy. Now, I don't normally mind the snow, but after the last winter I want to wait a long time before I see another snowflake.

Where I live, Quebec, Canada, I can say that I prefer Summer way more than Winter, because Winter is hell here! Because it's so cold and it can get to minus 30 sometimes! It's also because of the huge amount of snow dropping on the ground, the worst cases being 25mm of snow! And in the morning it's really annoying when you're outside early in an hellish cold, trying to access your car, and even inside it, it's heck of cold still! (worst case scenario). On the other hand, the last summer was really hot but I think that I would stay with this kind of temperature rather than this unbearable cold in the Winter. But, to be honest, I would want to live in a place with a lukewarm temperature all the time, but I guess there's no place like that...

Here in Northern California, it's an oven in the Summer and a freezer in the Winter.

I'd rather live in Hawaii, where it's hot year round.

And they don't observe daylight savings!

Winter is better here in Australia. Pretty much because when we get snow here in Australia it's like you're not even in Australia anymore...which is great...and also because when it's summer here everyone pretty much burns to death xD

In my current zone our summer time weather averages at 110-120 degrees F.... while our winter weather averages around 40-50 degrees F... to me this is nice weather though it doesn't snow where I'm from instead it rains more commonly and sometimes hails during winter...

• Brohoof 1

I love winter here, it really decorates the landscape further and it is just awesome :D. It is really good here, but also quite dangerous, and more so for tourists D:. But I still love it :3. Winter all the way :D

Summer sucks ass...it's so dry and hot. Those who have heavy snow can say I have a better winter since snow doesn't exist where I live, but it's only a 2-4wks of constant rain. California's got the most boring winter.

I feel like most people here would say that summer is better here - they're typically mild and the highs are around 85. I love winter though, we get massive storms and tons of snow and I think it's lovely. I just hate heat too~ Our winters are perfect for me.

I live in the hottest state in America and in the middle of a desert so...

Yeah, screw this weather.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

I MUCH prefer summer in Kansas to winter here. Winters in Kansas are a living nightmare because we don't get snow, we get ice. And then KDOT thinks it's the brightest idea in the world to put salt on the road. Things like that really anger a car guy.

In summer, Kansas is actually really beautiful. The wheat fields turn bright gold and the corn and soybean plans are a contrasting green out in the country. In the city, everybody comes out to do whatever it is they want. You see people skateboarding, rollerblading, driving hopped up cars and motorcycles (LOTS of Harleys around here), it even goes so far that when I went to the mall a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy on the sidewalk outside the mall breakdancing. When was the last time you saw somebody doing that?

So yeah, summer's my season of choice here.

I live in Phoenix, AZ.  Late June through August they turn this place from a Stirfry Cooker to a Bamboo Steamer.

I was here for the 1st Gulf War. They had some big shot refugees here from Abu Dubai.  Journalists asked them such hard hitting questions as "What do you think of our fair city?"  They replied "The people seem nice, but the climate is worse than we are used to." & this is Abu Dubai, for God's sake! :unamused:

In short, Winter is WAY better.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Northern California, it's an oven in the Summer and a freezer in the Winter.

I'd rather live in Hawaii, where it's hot year round.

And they don't observe daylight savings!

Almost brohoofed because you understand my pain. 

But then I saw "rather live in Hawaii". It's a nice place to visit, but I'd really miss my Midwest winters. 

I live in central IL, and we've got a wide range of temperatures between summer and winter.  On the coldest days in the winter I've seen it go (real temp) -5 (F) with windchills as low as -17 (F).  On the hottest days in the summer I've seen it go (real temp) 105 (F) with heat indexes as high as 115 (F).  If I had to choose between the two... Winter.  

But I like spring weather the most.  I prefer temps between 45 (F) and 75 (F).

~ Miles

Every year, Summers get hotter and Winters have less snow (if any at all), Autumn rains are also getting a little more rare.

But, I prefer the Winter over the Summer. even though I tend to get sick easily, I find it preferable to an inferno. :P