Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Need help finding full episodes of Dr Who!

Rqsky

So I'm really wanting to start watching the Dr Who series, but I can't seem to find any episodes on YouTube, or any site for that matter. Where else could I find full episodes of Dr Who to watch? Can I buy a dvds that have whole seasons on them? Somepony who is a Dr Who fan please help me! :( Thanks! ;) Alons-y!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, the seasons since 2005 are out on DVD. The older classic series has some DVDs out too, but are much harder to track down.

Doctor4_3.jpg

I'm wanting to start with the VERY FIRST season and VERY FIRST episode of the show. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm lucky. My BBBFF is a huge fan. He did this and that, and every still existing episode somehow ended up on his hard drive as AVI files. He then burned the files onto over twenty DVDs for me! He even gave me many of the episodes as complete (burned) DVDs! 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I actually saw some episodes of Doctor Who on Dailymotion, so you want to start with the episode "An Unearthly Child" which was the very first episode ever.

Also welcome to the Doctor Who fandom my friend, hopefully you will enjoy the "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Winey stuff."

Edited by superdogz1999
  • Brohoof 4

I actually saw some episodes of Doctor Who on Dailymotion, so you want to start with the episode "An Unearthly Child" which was the very first episode ever.

Also welcome to the Doctor Who fandom my friend, hopefully you will enjoy the "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Winey stuff."

This. ive watched multiple episodes from there, but still haven't got past William Hartnell because the B&W kills me. For the newer episodes, you can find it on the website Watchseries. I'm not exactly sure how well it runs though since I used Netflix.

Thanks so much for your help! I wasn't sure if DailyMotion had Dr Who episodes but I guess they do? :P

(edited)

Personally, I use these:

Original - http://watch-series-tv.to/serie/Doctor_Who_%281963%29

2005 - http://www.watchseries.li/serie/doctor-who

Though, if your not comfortable with the streaming thing, I think there are a few DVD sets you could buy, but nothing as complete. And you usually don't need to stick to watching them in perfect order and not spoil any major story arcs for yourself (as long as you don't start on a finale). I usually just wait for a season to be mostly out, then start with all the Dalek and Cybermen episodes, as they are my favourite villians.

Edited by TopQuark
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I use these:

Original - http://watch-series-tv.to/serie/Doctor_Who_(1963)

Though, if your not comfortable with the streaming thing, I think there are a few DVD sets you could buy, but nothing as complete. And you usually don't need to stick to watching them in perfect order and not spoil any major story arcs for yourself (as long as you don't start on a finale). I usually just wait for a season to be mostly out, then start with all the Dalek and Cybermen episodes, as they are my favourite villians.

I think I'll start with the 2005 version mostly because it's in color. Lol! Thanks for your help!
  • Brohoof 1

I think I'll start with the 2005 version mostly because it's in color. Lol! Thanks for your help!

No problem. And I hope you enjoy the series! You're in for a wild ride, including this little gem:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally, I use these:

Original - http://watch-series-tv.to/serie/Doctor_Who_%281963%29

Edit: It was my computer. Never mind. XD

Edited by sweeToxic

No problem. And I hope you enjoy the series! You're in for a wild ride, including this little gem:

And the brony fandom rejoices! :D

• Brohoof 2

I wanted to watch the very first episode with the first doctor too but I found out there's also a new 2005 version, I eventually found the first doctor on Netflix and watched the first and second episode but I ended up falling asleep during some of it because of how boring it was. :blush:  I just recommend the newer version on Netflix. 

(I know I'm not a true fan...)

• Brohoof 1

So I literally got finished watching "Rose" the first episode of the 2005 version and OMFG! That was awesome! :D :D :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So I literally got finished watching "Rose" the first episode of the 2005 version and OMFG! That was awesome! :D :D :P

Just wait 'till you get to some of the more 'horror' type episodes. They're quite unsettling. *cough*TheEmptyChild*cough*

Edited by TopQuark

Just wait 'till you get to some of the more 'horror' type episodes. They're quite unsettling. *cough*TheEmptyChild*cough*

Do I have to watch this series in order? Or can I jump ahead and back if I want and not miss anything?

• Brohoof 1

Do I have to watch this series in order? Or can I jump ahead and back if I want and not miss anything?

You're usually to watch things a bit out of order. Just don't watch the season finales. You might encounter some things that don't make sense, like characters you haven't seen showing up, and that might bother some people. A good safety measure would be to look at the episode synopsis on the wiki. If you're really bothered by the possibility of season arc spoilers, then it would probably be best to stay in order. But if you don't care about that at all, you could watch most any episode in the series without being too lost (some exeptions, of course). So, just use your own discretion, and the wiki can be your friend.

• Brohoof 1

I cried at the end of "The Doctor Dances"

I put the video clip in spoilers, since it actually is a spoiler!

After all he has seen over hundreds of years, you can see the joy the Doctor feels when "Just this once, everybody lives!"

• Brohoof 1