Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Left Behind?

twilightfan28

(edited)

Prologue

There you are, Twilight!”

Twilight Sparkle was stopped in her rush by Twinkleshine, one of her childhood ‘friends’. On either side of Twinkleshine were Twilight’s other friends - Minuette and Lemon Hearts.

“Moondancer is having a little get together in the west castle courtyard. Wanna come?” Twinkleshine asked. The three ponies leaned in with big grins, waiting for the certain ‘yes’ that was to come.

Twilight politely denied. In her mind, it was a straight no, but she knew she had to at least try to be a little more polite than that. As soon as she was done turning down their offer, she sprinted off, giving the excuse that she had to ‘study’. She always studied. Twilight was a hard working pony, and she was always in her books. She rarely spent much time with her friends.

“Ugh. Does that pony do anything except study?” Twinkleshine asked, watching Twilight go. “I think she’s more interested in her books than her friends.”

Moondancer was more excited now than ever before - she was having a party, her first party. For years, she had lived in a shell, barely interacting with anypony - most of the time refusing to even talk to them. This was the case up until recently, when she had bumped into Twilight Sparkle and her friends. She had already met Twilight before from a few Science classes, and Twilight had introduced her to the rest of her friends. Things had simply kicked off from there, and eventually Moondancer had told her new friends all her problems - her low self-esteem, her feeling of being useless, and all the rest. They had quickly tried to cheer her up, but their efforts didn’t do much. What meant most to her, however, was the fact that they had tried. She was worth enough to have somepony care about her and try to make her feel better when she was down. That was what boosted her confidence, and that was what had allowed her to even consider a party. She finally felt like she was worth something.

And if it hadn’t have been for Twilight Sparkle, her friends would probably have never had that talk to her. They would never have cared for her. She was finally feeling some self-worth, and she had realised that she had never even thanked Twilight Sparkle. That was the main point of the party - for Moondancer to thank Twilight and give her the gift that she had created.

Moondancer sat there, a massive grin on her face, waiting for her four best friends to show up. This was going to be the best day of her life - she knew it.

Moondancer looked to her right just in time to see Lemon Hearts, Minuette, and Twinkleshine walking towards her.

Twilight never showed up.

The Visit

It had been about a month since anypony has seen Twilight Sparkle in Canterlot, so they went to check her library. But to their surprise when they entered the library, it had been abandoned. They went over to the book stand, and it was opened to the page in a book about The Elements Of Harmony.

“So she really was interested in ancient stuff like that,” said Minuette.

“Yeah, that pony can be odd sometimes... but where did she go?” asked Lemon Hearts, worried that she had vanished in thin air.

“I don’t know, but Princess Celestia might know a bit more about what happened to her” responded Lyra Heartstrings confidently.

“Yeah, so we should check there, she knows everything about the castle, let alone who went where that used to live here.”

But when they confronted Celestia about it, their worst fear was put to rest.

“I’m sorry if she didn’t give you girls a proper goodbye, but I sent her to ponyville on a mission. She will continue her studies there, and if she feels the need to, she can come back and visit.” The girls then ran out the door, when Lemon Hearts had a great idea.

“I have a friend in ponyville, maybe we should pay her a visit, what do you gals think?”

The friends nodded in agreement, hoping they could see their precious friend amidst the trip. But when they tried to get Moonshine to come, they had no luck.

“Look you guys, I really don't want come to ponyville, I've never been, and I don't much care to travel. Besides, I have a bunch of studying to catch up on.”

“Okay, suit yourself.” responded Lyra Heartstrings with a giggle.

The 3 mares boarded the train to ponyville, and to their surprise, it wasn’t that long of a trip.

“Okay girls, my friends name is Pinkie Pie, now she loves to throw parties, so I would probably expect a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party when we get there.”

They all acknowledged that she was a big party pony, and as expected, Pinkie threw the biggest party ever in some library in town. They never saw Twilight, but they did have a great time with Pinkie. She did mention another new pony in town, but they were too tired to really comprehend who it was.

“Goodbye everypony, I'll see you guys next time you make a trip to ponyville.” Pinkie said jumping excitedly at the station.

“And next time the party will be bigger!”

Moondancer

Moondancer threw herself on to her couch and sat there. She sighed, and casually fired a beam from her horn into a lightbulb above her. It turned on, and she squinted at the sudden change from total darkness to bright light. She looked around the room and saw the mess all around her - books were chucked all over the floor, there was a toppled desk in a corner, and a few pairs of broken glasses were scattered around the room. Almost every corner of her house had spider webs all over it. The pony was already quite comfortable on her couch, and couldn’t be bothered to get up to grab the book she wanted to read. She used levitation magic to bring it to her, instead - the height of laziness, but she didn’t care. She opened it and began to read. The book was about some old colt called Starswirl the Bearded - she had read it a bunch of times. At this point, she was just re-reading books for something to do. It wasn’t like she was going to go outside at any point.

Moondancer sighed again and dropped the book, swapping it for a small shard of glass in the corner of the room. Once again, she used her levitation spell to bring it up to her, and she looked at her reflection in it.

Moondancer was a faded yellow mare. Her mane was a red with purple and violet highlights. Back when she was a filly, she had styled her mane just like Twilight Sparkle - she had practically worshipped her back then for her amazing magical skills. Now, however, even hearing Twilight’s name made her shudder and scoff. She had changed her mane style to be as different to Twilight’s as possible - instead of the simple, flat style that she used to adopt, she now wore her mane tied up above her hair by two beads.

“Ugh!”

Moondancer threw the shard of glass across the room and it hit the wall, shattering into tiny pieces. She sat there and - for a third time - sighed, a much deeper sigh this time than before. Suddenly she heard a knocking on the door, and the familiar voice of Minuette calling for her.

“Hey, Moondancer? We’re going to the donut place today. Do… do you wanna come out?”

Moondancer hesitated. At first, she didn’t want to say anything, but she knew they wouldn’t go away until they got an answer.

“Go away, Minuette. I don’t like donuts. I never have.”

Moondancer heard Lemon Hearts chime in:

“Oh come on, Moon! You love donuts! You said so the first time we met!”

The yellow pony felt a pang of sadness when she heard that. The first time they met… that was so long ago, wasn’t it? She couldn’t even remember how long ago it was.

“I said go away. All of you. I’m… I’m studying…”

“Yeah right, Moon. I bet you’re reading that Starswish the Bearded book for the billionth time! Come on, come out - we can talk.”

Moondancer hesitated again. She was reading that book, even if they had got the name wrong. They knew her so well…

“No means no, guys. And stop calling me Moon. I don’t like it,” was Moondancer’s reply.

Outside, Twinkleshine closed her eyes and shook her head. Minuette turned to Lemon Hearts and saw that her tears were welling up in her eyes. Lemon Hearts closed her eyes hard, and when she opened them, the tears were mostly gone. Minuette sighed.

“Come on, girls. Let’s go,” she said.

The Reason

Minuette was heart broken when her invite for donuts was denied due to ‘studying’ She didn’t know what had gotten into Moondancer. It was like ever since Twilight left, she was never the same, but why? Did she miss Twi? Was she heartbroken? Nobody knew, and they couldn’t get her out of her shell. One day, however, they made a little progress.

“Hey Moondancer, what you up to?” asked a curious Minuette.

“Reading, Minuette. Can you leave me alone now?”

“Aw, come on, what’s the matter?”

“I dont wanna talk about it.”

“C’mon, can’t you confide in your friend?”

“I said, I don't wanna talk about it!”

“Okay, fine.. be that way.” Minuette started to leave, tears filling in her eyes.

“Wait… Minuette, come back… please?”

“Yes?”

“You really want to know, fine. When Twilight left, she never said any proper goodbye. She was my friend… my mentor, and she just leaves like that? What a friend she is, no guts to come and say goodbye before leaving her friends.”

“Moon, you know Twilight better than that, she may have.. maybe she thought she was coming back.. I don't know Moondancer, but we both know Twilight wouldn't abandon us like that.”

“Who knows anymore. That pony cared nothing for her friends, only studies… how do I know if she cared or not?”

Part of Minuette believed what Moondancer had said, but she still didn’t think Twilight would dream of such a thing… would she?

Wedding

About two years had passed since Minuette had spoken with Moondancer. She had spoken to her other friends about what Moondancer had told her, and they had gone to her house several times to talk to her about it, but now she just ignored them. Eventually, they had given up. Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkleshine had travelled to Ponyville to meet up with Lyra Heartstrings - they hadn’t seen her in a while, and with the royal wedding coming up it was the perfect opportunity to catch up. They sat at a table at a cafe that Lyra had recommended. Lyra had also brought along another friend.

“Everypony, I’d like to introduce you to Bonbon!”

Bonbon put on a grin and shrunk a little into her seat. Meeting so many ponies at once was kind of overwhelming.

“Hi, Bonbon!” Lemon Hearts greeted, “How long have you been friends with Lyra?”

“Uh… I don’t remember. Do you know, Lyra?” Bonbon replied.

“Geez, I don’t know either. It’s been so long… Maybe about a year and a half? It was pretty soon after I left canterlot,” Lyra said.

Lyra’s old friends nodded.

“So, do you two always come here?” Twinkleshine asked.

The five ponies continued like this, asking questions back and forth, making small talk until it was time to get ready to leave for Canterlot. The princess of the Crystal Empire, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, more commonly known as Princess Cadance, was being married to Shining Armor, a knight at Canterlot. Only Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lyra knew anything about Princess Cadance or the Crystal Empire, but they all had to go anyway.

“Oh, I forgot to ask! Is it true that you, Lyra, and Twinkleshine are going to be the bridesmaids for Princess Cadance?” Bonbon asked Minuette.
“Yes! I didn’t really want to, but duty calls, I suppose,” Minuette replied.

“That’s so cool! The bridesmaids for royalty…” Lemon Hearts trailed off.

“Well, we’d better go. The wedding starts soon,” Twinkleshine reminded them.

The five ponies went back to Lyra’s house, where they got into their dresses for the wedding.

It wasn’t long before they were in Canterlot and sitting in the chairs at Princess Cadance’s wedding. Bonbon watched as Princess Cadance and Shining Armor said their vows. At one point, there was a lull in the ceremony, and Bonbon took this opportunity to turn to Lyra and ask her something. When she turned, though, there was nopony there. Bonbon frowned and looked to her other side. Lemon Hearts was sitting right next to her, and she was looking to her right at the other empty seats next to her with a confused expression on her face. Out of the five friends, only Bonbon and Lemon Hearts still remained.

“Psst! Lemon Hearts! Where are the others?” Bonbon whispered.

“I don’t know… they were here a second ago, but they just…” Lemon Hearts whispered back.

Bonbon turned around and faced the colt sitting behind her.

“Excuse me, did you see--” she tried. She was interrupted by the colt shushing her.

“They’re about to become husband and wife! Have some respect!” the colt scolded. Bonbon blushed and turned around to watch the ceremony.

“Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, it is my great pleasure to pronounce you--”

Stop!” a voice yelled from the back of the hall.

Lemon Hearts wheeled around and suddenly went pale. Standing at the doors of the ceremony was Twilight Sparkle. Lemon Hearts never thought she would see Twilight again! And here she was, breaking up these two ponies marriage?

“Ugh! Why does she have to be so possessive of her…” Princess Cadance said. She was still speaking, but it all faded away and became simply noise. Lemon Hearts watched as Twilight Sparkle stood before what seemed to be a copy of Princess Cadance. She didn’t care about that. She only cared about the fact that she was seeing Twilight again after such a long time. She heard the Cadance that was standing next to Twilight explaining that the one getting married to Shining Armor was a fake, a ‘changeling’, but she didn’t listen. She was simply stunned. Suddenly, there was a bright green light, and Lemon Hearts was blinded for a second. She saw Princess Celestia falling and hitting the ground, and heard Twilight shout her name in shock. Suddenly, ponies were running around everywhere, Lemon Hearts thought she saw more copies of ponies, and suddenly she was being dragged by Bonbon, being pleaded to run. She sprinted towards the doors, and felt the wind on her as Twilight Sparkle bolted past her. She opened her mouth to speak but Twilight was already too far away to hear. She hadn’t even noticed her.

emon Hearts and Bonbon collapsed together in a heap just outside of Ponyville, breathless. They had run all the way from Canterlot, and now they were completely exhausted. Panting, Lemon turned to see Lyra Heartstrings running towards them.

There you are, Lyra! Where were you at the wedding?” Lemon asked.

“I… don’t remember. The last thing I saw was a bright green light, and… anyway, that doesn’t matter. Is… Is Bonbon okay, or..?” Lyra replied, looking to Bonbon, who was still lying on the ground, taking unnaturally deep breaths, and coughing occasionally.

“I’m... fine… Just a little… out of shape, I guess…” Bonbon attempted, with massive breathes in between.

“Lyra, while you were running, did you see…?” Lemon trailed off. She wanted to ask about Twilight, but her disbelief stopped her from being able to finish her sentence.

“Yeah… While I was running, I saw her fighting those weird bug-looking things. I think they were calling them Changelings? She was fighting those, and then some of them turned into direct copies of her, so she was fighting herself… it was all really confusing, honestly.”

The two friends were interrupted by a shrieking voice coming from behind them, accompanied by the loud sound of running from behind them.

Giiiirrrls!” Minuette called, tripping as she got closer to her friends and diving through them like bowling balls.

“Ouch, Minuette. That hurt…” Lemon mumbled, rubbing her head and squinting.

“Sorry!” Minuette apologised. “Twinkleshine! It was them!” she called. The four ponies turned to see Twinkleshine sprinting towards them.

“Did you see all that? That was crazy! Ponies were fighting each other, and there were horn-lazers, and Twilight was… wait a minute--” Twinkleshine exclaimed, suddenly realising what she had just seen.

“Yeah, that was definitely Twilight. I can’t believe she ruined the royal wedding like that!” Lemon Hearts said.

“Weren’t you listening? Or watching? The Princess Cadance that was getting married wasn’t actually Princess Cadance, she was Queen Chrysalis - a changeling. She had taken Princess Cadance's place without anypony knowing, not even her to-be husband. Twilight had shown up and saved the wedding, rescuing the real Cadance,” Bonbon lectured.

“...Oh.” Lemon replied.

“So… what do we do now?” Minuette asked, calming down.

“Well, we just saw Twilight, and in very… strange circumstances. I imagine that Canterlot won’t be very safe anymore for a while, so until we can go back, we should probably stay in Ponyville for a while. When it’s safe, Twilight will probably come back, and we can ask her what’s going on,” Lyra replied.

“Yeah, that makes sense. Where should we stay?”

“Ooh! You can all… stay at my house, if you… bah… want…” Bonbon offered, still struggling to recover from running all that way.

Squeee! It’ll be like a sleepover!” Lyra exclaimed, beaming.

“Hey, what are… friends… for, right? Ugh…

Id like to thank HailTrixie for Working as a team with me on this Fic :)

New Chapter

Dry Cereal

When they arrived at the house, the all fell tiredly on  the floor. Most of the ponies didn't care where they sleep, they just wanted to sleep. After a run like that, anypony would be tired.

“Alright, so you ponies can stay in the living room, I have extra sheets if anypony sleeps on the floor, I can make a nice cozy bed for you” Bon Bon smiled to the exhausted ponies.

But only one slept on the floor that night, and that was Lemon Hearts. She couldn’t sleep that night, all of the activity flowed into her and she couldn’t stop thinking about what could have happened to poor Twilight. Was she okay? She was up against a lot of changelings from what Bon Bon described. She could have been hurt, or imprisoned. These thoughts wouldn’t leave Lemon Hearts alone until the next morning when Bon Bon came in to wake them up.

“Wake up girls, i need to do a few things today, so i am leaving you guys with the house. Help yourself to the fridge if you get hungry” Bon Bon said with a smile.

As Bon Bon left, Lemon Hearts went to the kitchen for just a bowl of cereal, but just her luck, there was no milk. She had a very dry bowl of cereal that day.

From the front of the house, you could hear Bon Bon walking up, calling their names.

“Oh Giiiirls”

All the ponies rushed to the front, all but Lemon Hearts, who sat in the kitchen staring blankly at her Daffodil sandwich. The girls rushed back, Lemon Hearts did not know what Bon Bon wanted, but she knew she was about to find out.

“Bon Bon invited us to a party that pinkie is throwing, she wants us all to come.” Lyra said without a breath.

“awh, sorry girls, im fine just staying here” said Lemon, with mouth full of sandwich

“Awh, c’mon Lemon, whats the matter?” Asked Minuette in a worried voice.

“Nothing girls, im fine, just go on without me” Sid Lemon with a fake smile.

“ookaay, But you will be missing ooout.”

“It’s fine, have a nice time girls.”

When they left, Lemon Hearts kept wondering, what had really gone on at the wedding?

Celestia

RIIIIIING! RIIIIIING! Am I doing okay? Hey, you aren’t waking up! Ooh, ooh, I know! BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEE-

“Dammit Pinkie, put a sock in it! We’re trying to sleep!”

“Sorry! Beeeep, beeeep. Beeeep, beeeep…” Pinkie Pie whispered.

Pinkie!

“Sorry!” Pinkie Pie flinched. This was so unfair. Bon Bon had asked her to wake her up at precisely 11:30 PM tonight for some reason, and she was waking up everypony but Bon Bon.

“Ugh… Sorry, Pinkie… It’s 11:30 now, right?” Bon Bon said, rising from her sleeping bag, not bothering to open her eyes properly.

“Yay, I did it! Could you guess what I was? Could you?”

“Yeah, you were an alarm clock… or something. Listen, I have to go now, okay? Try not to wake up everypony else, please…” Bon Bon replied.

“Sure! Where are you going?”

“I just have to go to… I don’t know, uh… You don’t need to know, okay? Just go back to sleep. Thanks, Pinkie.”

Pinkie Pie frowned.

“Okay. When will you be coming back?”

“I probably won’t be coming back tonight.”

Bon Bon snuck through Ponyville, struggling to see - it was pitch black out there. She darted from corner to corner, hiding behind barrels and in alleyways whenever she heard the slightest noise. Really, she didn’t even need to be sneaking around - she just didn’t want to wake anyone. She looked back at Sugarcube Corner, where they had been sleeping overnight. The party wasn’t planned to be a sleepover, but Pinkie Pie insisted, so most of them stayed overnight. Lyra Heartstrings, however, said she wasn’t feeling too well, and had decided to go home. That’s where Bon Bon was going now. She was going to go and get Lyra, just like they had both planned.

Lyra Heartstrings was completely out of it. She laid strewn across her bed, sleeping like a log, dreaming about who-knows-what. She was dead to the world, and in her subconscious, she was loving it. That was until she was instantly awakened by a loud banging on the door. It took her a minute or so of muttering to herself and being mad at whoever was knocking on her door before she remembered what time it was and what she was supposed to be doing, and rushed to answer her visitor. Bon Bon stood in the doorway, waiting for her.

“What took you so long? It’s freezing out here! We need to get moving,” Bon Bon lectured.

“Sorry, I forgot about everything.”

“Wait, so you were asleep just then? You were meant to be awake by 11!”

“I know, I know, but I was just so… sleepy…” Lyra yawned, and closed her eyes for a few seconds, saying nothing. Bon Bon simply waited. Suddenly, Lyra’s eyes burst open.

“Aah! Oh, wow. I think I just had a microsleep…” Lyra said.

“You are not fit to be doing this… But I can’t do it alone, so get it together, okay? Maybe the cool air will wake you up a bit, or something.”

“Sure, Bon Bon. Thanks.”

After a long trek out of Ponyville, the two friends finally arrived at their destination - Canterlot.

“Alright, Bon Bon. You remember the plan?” Lyra asked, full of energy again. Bon Bon laughed.

“What plan? Our ‘plan’ was to go in there, get Twilight, and ask her what’s going on.”

“No, there was more than that, I think… Was there? Actually, I have no idea.”

Bon Bon laughed again.

“Quit kidding around, Lyra! C’mon, let’s just go in there and ask Twilight some questions,” Bon Bon joked.

Lyra looked to her friend and smiled.

“Yeah. Let’s go get my friend back…”

Getting past several groups of Royal Guards, avoiding spotlights, and avoiding Princess Luna herself wasn’t easy. For a lot of the guards, Lyra had just used a sleeping spell that Twilight had told her years ago, but it only worked on a few before she didn’t have the energy to do it anymore - so after that, they resorted to sneaking around.

“Hey, Lyra. I never knew Twilight very well, so tell me - what’s she like?” Bon Bon whispered.

“Well, she was pretty nice when we first met. For a while, she came to this really neat café that we all used to go to, but eventually she just stopped hanging out with us. Whenever we would ask her to do something, she’d just kind of brush us off. I think that’s part of the reason I left Canterlot, really. Something just wasn’t right there anymore… But hey, I guess it was a good idea, right? Because then we met! And honestly, Bon Bon, I don’t think I ever thanked you. Without you in Ponyville, I don’t know what I would have done. You’re just so kind, and honest… I don’t think there has ever been a secret that we have kept from each other!” Lyra replied.

Bon Bon managed a weak smile in response.

“Yeah… no secrets…” she said.

Lyra started opening and closing doors as they wandered down a long, nameless hallway. They didn’t know where they were - just that they were in some random hallway in the Canterlot Castle, a hallway just the same as the dozens of other hallways in the castle.

“Twilight isn’t in any of these rooms… I really thought that after what was happening, she might have stayed here or something… you know, to recover. Maybe we were all wrong…” Lyra said.

“Hey Lyra! What about this door? I think you missed it,” Bon Bon called.

“Oh, whoops. Wanna open it?”

“Yeah, let’s do it. Actually, I have a good feeling about this one,” Bon Bon replied.

“Let’s do it together!” Lyra exclaimed. To Bon Bon’s surprise and confusement, Lyra placed her hoof on the other handle of the door, and started counting from one.

“One…”

“Two…”

Three!

The two ponies opened the door and rushed into the room, only to stop dead still. Both of them went ghost-white at what they saw standing before them. About as white as the coat of the Alicorn Princess standing before them, on her bed, glaring.

“What in Equestria are you two doing here? I would expect such misconduct from you, Sweetie Dro-- er, Bon Bon, but from one of my old students, Lyra, I… What are you two doing?” Princess Celestia lectured. Both Lyra and Bon Bon flinched.

“W-we were just… we just wanted to look for Tw… Twi… Uhh… Bon Bon, help me out here!” Lyra attempted, before turning to Bon Bon for help. Bon Bon took a step forward and straightened her back and neck, her face turning rigid.

“Secret Age-- Bon Bon, at your duty, M’am! My friend and I were just looking for a certain Twilight Sparkle, when we accidentally stumbled upon your bedroom. We apologise for the inconvenience!” Bon Bon spoke, sounding just like one of the Royal Guards. Lyra looked at her in bewilderment.

“Drop that act, Bon Bon. You resigned from your job a long time ago. Now, you say you two were looking for Twilight Sparkle. Then why, pray-tell, did you come here? And why didn’t you just wait until morning and ask one of the Royal Guards or even myself about her?”
“We… didn’t know if we were allowed, so…” Lyra tried to explain. Princess Celestia shook her head.

“Nevermind all that, then. Well, I unfortunately have bad news for you. Twilight Sparkle is not in Canterlot - rather, she is staying in Ponyville, at the Golden Oak Library. I have no idea why you thought she would be here, but--”

“We just thought she would be here because we saw her fighting those things, and she might be recovering here because she couldn’t get back to Ponyville or something like that, so we just… we just… oh, did I just interrupt you?” Lyra said.

“Yes. You did. Now both of you, please leave. I will have my guards escort you back to Ponyville where you can visit Twilight Sparkle”.

Bon Bon and Lyra were stunned. They had gone through all the trouble of making it to the castle, past the guards, just to see Twilight, and it had been for nothing, except for a rather scary and intimidating encounter with the co-ruler of Equestria herself. Lyra, however, wasn’t really thinking about any of this. She was trying to piece together what Princess Celestia had mentioned, about Bon Bon ‘resigning’ from her job, and what had gotten into Bon Bon when she had talked to the princess… Was her best friend keeping something from her after all? She decided to let that go for now. Maybe she would ask Bon Bon about it later - for now, their only goal was finding Twilight Sparkle.

The two ponies gathered up the rest of their friends - Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, and Minuette, much to Pinkie Pie’s dismay. The five friends then made their way to the Golden Oak Library.

Traitors

Moondancer was going about her day, going to the donut shop, when she had the greatest idea.

“Maybe i should pay the girls a surprise visit, I hope they aren’t busy.”

As she approached Lemon Hearts house, she noticed that it’s empty, and wondered where they could possibly be. She checked the other’s house, and it was the same thing, empty. She was to curious to let this go, so she went to Celestia, to see if she knew antything, and she got what she came for.

“They went where?!?!?!?”

“Ponyville, they came to me one day asking about Twilight Sparkle, and sent them on their way to Ponyville.”

“Those little…..”

With anger, she stepped out of the room and slammed the door with great force using her magic.

“Ill show those guys that I don’t really need them either. Why would they leave without asking if I would go to???? They aren’t the only ones who miss her! I’ll show them.”

She went back to her house and started to throw things around, then she noticed a picture of her and twilight, which she threw with even greater force than ever, the realized wut she just did. With tears in her eyes, she started to clean up the picture and put it in a drawer.

Then she remembered what twilight did when she got angry or stressed.  She decided to take out her copy of  her Starswirled the Bearded book, and read where she left off last time before she was interrupted by her friends. Ex-Friends… That sounded about right to her. Who needs friends like them anyways…

She started to do more than just that, she got out her old school books and started to study the old spells she never got when she was in school. She studied harder than she ever has in her life, then just as she finished the chapter, she realized the mess she made. She decided to use her new spell that fixes stuff. She caught some broken glass in her magic, and hoped this spell worked, and to her surprise, it fixed back into the glass vase it used to be.

with this knowledge, she instantly went to where to glass from the picture was, and started to bring up the spell, but it wouldn't work.

“What, it just did it a moment ago.”

She reviewed the spell and tried it again, but it still didn’t work. She tried and tried and got more frustrated every fail she got. She tried until she finally just gave up and went to cry on the couch.

“What have i done?” She wept.

But then she stood up straight.

“No, i dont need friends like them, they’re just… Traitors

Edited by twilightfan28
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, other writer here. Just some background info for this fic.

We decided to work together after twilightfan28 PM'd me in response to a topic I made (a link is in my sig). It took us a bit to come up with the plot but we agreed on this in the end.

The way we agreed to write it was a chapter for chapter sorta deal. I wrote the first chapter (the prologue), he wrote the second, I wrote the third, etcetera.

Any feedback or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read the fic :D.

• Brohoof 1

It works for me. I wouldn't have known two of you wrote it unless you said.

Thanks, like Twilightfan said, we didn't try to blend it or anything. If we tried to mimick each other's writing style, I don't think we would enjoy writing it.

Do you have any tips or anything for the fanfic? It's far from done and any feedback at all would be great :)

(edited)

I'm not sure I'm the pony to ask given the kicking I get on fimfiction. (I think you either get my stuff and it's a nice read, or you don't and........)

Either way up the absolute critical thing is knowing your ending, even if you go back and change it later. If you have your ending then you just need to 'colour' the rest in as it were. And that's probably a lot harder with two of you?

The next bit is tricky to describe. You can get away with a hell of a lot if you make the first bit read really slick. Once you get folk hooked, you're in with a chance they will read the rest.

“There you are, Twilight!”

As usual Twilight Sparkle was in a rush, but found her path blocked by Twinkleshine. On either side of her were Twilight’s other friends - Minuette and Lemon Hearts.

- But I don't mean do what I re-wrote. I wouldn't presume such a thing! I just mean that going through and looking for anything that repeats info can be removed. It probably takes longer than the actual writing? We noticed the change needed when we went from reading our stories to voicing them. Even if you don't intend to publish, recording it is still an excellent tool. When you hear it back you will see exactly what you like and where you wish you had another word that meant the same thing. So "sitting in chair at the wedding" becomes "sitting at the wedding" or "sitting on a row of guilded chairs at the wedding".

Being two of you is great, because you can read each others work out loud and the chance to assume stuff because you wrote is removed.

So I hope that is helpfull and not offensive in any way? As I see it you have to write what you like first, and if other folk like it, then that's a bonus :)

Edited by Idris
  • Brohoof 1

Hello. New guy here. I'm wondering. Can I post a link to my story which is on FimFiction? I wote it there but we haven't had that many views. I'm not used to advertising my work (honestly I feel a little wrong doing it) but there's nothing disgusting, violent, or bad about it, it's just a funny little story I wrote with my sister.

Please let me know I don't want to do something wrong my first time on a Brony forum (I sound like Twilight, don't I?)

You could just do what we did, and make a new topic. Although, if I was the one that made this topic, I wouldn't have copy pasted everything in here, I would have just posted a link, so you should do that :)

I'm not sure I'm the pony to ask given the kicking I get on fimfiction. (I think you either get my stuff and it's a nice read, or you don't and........)

Either way up the absolute critical thing is knowing your ending, even if you go back and change it later. If you have your ending then you just need to 'colour' the rest in as it were. And that's probably a lot harder with two of you?

The next bit is tricky to describe. You can get away with a hell of a lot if you make the first bit read really slick. Once you get folk hooked, you're in with a chance they will read the rest.

“There you are, Twilight!”

As usual Twilight Sparkle was in a rush, but found her path blocked by Twinkleshine. On either side of her were Twilight’s other friends - Minuette and Lemon Hearts.

- But I don't mean do what I re-wrote. I wouldn't presume such a thing! I just mean that going through and looking for anything that repeats info can be removed. It probably takes longer than the actual writing? We noticed the change needed when we went from reading our stories to voicing them. Even if you don't intend to publish, recording it is still an excellent tool. When you hear it back you will see exactly what you like and where you wish you had another word that meant the same thing. So "sitting in chair at the wedding" becomes "sitting at the wedding" or "sitting on a row of guilded chairs at the wedding".

Being two of you is great, because you can read each others work out loud and the chance to assume stuff because you wrote is removed.

So I hope that is helpfull and not offensive in any way? As I see it you have to write what you like first, and if other folk like it, then that's a bonus :)

Thankyou! I totally get that, I'll keep it in mind. And your re-written version of the first two lines is actually pretty good, I might use it if that's okay.

Yes, Using the line would be fine.

As Dr Wolf says "It's good to be helping" :)

No One and Nobody; I double then up, so I copy and paste in a new thread on here, then put a copy on fimfiction. They have different readers and stuff gets swamped on fimfiction. Plus some tit heads go around disliking everything on there, and here they can't.

• Brohoof 1

We have a chapter 4 extension for those who are wanting more, chapter 5 is  in development  :)

Lemon Hearts and Bonbon collapsed together in a heap just outside of Ponyville, breathless. They had run all the way from Canterlot, and now they were completely exhausted. Panting, Lemon turned to see Lyra Heartstrings running towards them.

There you are, Lyra! Where were you at the wedding?” Lemon asked.

“I… don’t remember. The last thing I saw was a bright green light, and… anyway, that doesn’t matter. Is… Is Bonbon okay, or..?” Lyra replied, looking to Bonbon, who was still lying on the ground, taking unnaturally deep breaths, and coughing occasionally.

“I’m... fine… Just a little… out of shape, I guess…” Bonbon attempted, with massive breathes in between.

“Lyra, while you were running, did you see…?” Lemon trailed off. She wanted to ask about Twilight, but her disbelief stopped her from being able to finish her sentence.

“Yeah… While I was running, I saw her fighting those weird bug-looking things. I think they were calling them Changelings? She was fighting those, and then some of them turned into direct copies of her, so she was fighting herself… it was all really confusing, honestly.”

The two friends were interrupted by a shrieking voice coming from behind them, accompanied by the loud sound of running from behind them.

Giiiirrrls!” Minuette called, tripping as she got closer to her friends and diving through them like bowling balls.

“Ouch, Minuette. That hurt…” Lemon mumbled, rubbing her head and squinting.

“Sorry!” Minuette apologised. “Twinkleshine! It was them!” she called. The four ponies turned to see Twinkleshine sprinting towards them.

“Did you see all that? That was crazy! Ponies were fighting each other, and there were horn-lazers, and Twilight was… wait a minute--” Twinkleshine exclaimed, suddenly realising what she had just seen.

“Yeah, that was definitely Twilight. I can’t believe she ruined the royal wedding like that!” Lemon Hearts said.

“Weren’t you listening? Or watching? The Princess Cadance that was getting married wasn’t actually Princess Cadance, she was Queen Chrysalis - a changeling. She had taken Princess Cadance's place without anypony knowing, not even her to-be husband. Twilight had shown up and saved the wedding, rescuing the real Cadance,” Bonbon lectured.

“...Oh.” Lemon replied.

“So… what do we do now?” Minuette asked, calming down.

“Well, we just saw Twilight, and in very… strange circumstances. I imagine that Canterlot won’t be very safe anymore for a while, so until we can go back, we should probably stay in Ponyville for a while. When it’s safe, Twilight will probably come back, and we can ask her what’s going on,” Lyra replied.

“Yeah, that makes sense. Where should we stay?”

“Ooh! You can all… stay at my house, if you… bah… want…” Bonbon offered, still struggling to recover from running all that way.

Squeee! It’ll be like a sleepover!” Lyra exclaimed, beaming.

“Hey, what are… friends… for, right? Ugh…

Please continue. It's well written and fits in along with the story from the series. While reading it I could definitely visualize most of the events. So far it fits close enough to become a canon spinoff, which is something to look for in fanfics.

Chapter 8 is done (finally). It involves Trixie :3

We're almost done! Sorry if this post is a little spammy. I was excited about chapter 8 when it was finished so I wanted to announce it, heh.

• 4 weeks later...