Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shows You Wish Would Get Canceled

Castle Bleck

(edited)

...Why Steven Universe? It's great.

Not in my opinion.. it sucks. Really bad.

I miss when cartoons were good, back when there was Billy and Mandy, the GOOD seasons of Pokemon, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Chower, Flapjack.. just.. what happened now? MLP is the only NEW AND STILL GOING kids show that is actually worth a damn.

Edited by MoonLuxray

Here's a crazy thought... maybe no show should get canceled? If you don't like a show, don't watch it. Simple as that. Heck, if it gets you to turn off the TV and read a book instead, it's probably a good thing. Wanting a show to be canceled because you personally don't like it is petty.

Steven Universe can get cancelled over how some of their fans acted earlier this year.

Gravity Falls can get cancelled because someone in particular that I know is a big fan of the show, and I dislike him.

What does how the fans act have anything to do with the quality of the show, or its "right" to continue?

• Brohoof 1

What does how the fans act have anything to do with the quality of the show, or its "right" to continue?

I believe the title of the thread was shows you wish would get cancelled. No one said anything about quality or a right to continue. 

• Brohoof 1

Most of Nickelodeon's shows(especially Breadwinners), Mr. Pickles(along with other Adult Swim shows that only exist to shock), Teen Titans Go, and I'm not in touch with what Disney Channel is currently airing, so I can't say anything about that. I can't stand many of the reality shows that air(I can't really say there were any good ones back then either), and other shows I'm sure I forgot to mention.

• Brohoof 1

We really need to get on cancelling invader zim. And also He-man and the masters of the universe. And that one show, Thundercats.... etc.

Invader Zim was cancelled in like 2002 so it's been gone.

(edited)

The joke --------------------------------->

Your head ------o

Eyup!

Oh my bad, it's hard to tell when it's just text, plus I don't read others well.

Edited by MLPFanatic34

I believe the title of the thread was shows you wish would get cancelled. No one said anything about quality or a right to continue. 

I had thought those were implied in the idea of "wishing this-or-that-show to be canceled", but you have a point. Let me rephrase: How does the way the fans act make you wish the show was canceled?

For that matter, what did these fans do? I only recently became a SU fan myself, so I don't know to what you are referring.

(edited)

Agreed.  The Simpsons, the good ol' Simpsons, is one of my favorite shows of all time, and I hate that I have to make that distinction.  I have to explain that I'm a fan of "classic" Simpsons.  And there's not a line in the sand; it's not like MLP generations.  There wasn't one moment when the show went from genius to garbage.  It's a gradient.  I'd estimate that I became disinterested in the show around S12, and stopped watching entirely around S15, save for the movie, which was a big letdown.  I've watched a few minutes of new episodes here or there, out of morbid curiosity, and concluded that it's still terrible.  What's truly sad to me is that they've forever blown their chance to have a spectacular finale, and end the show beautifully and with grace, like Futurama.  For The Simpsons, that train has sailed, and one of the greatest shows ever to grace tv will continue to humiliate itself as it gradually sinks into oblivion, or possibly drags on until the Earth explodes.

Couldn't have said it better. Family Guy was the same for me. They had some funny jokes in it's earlier days, like:

*phone rings*

Lois: Hello?

Peter: Uh, Lois? I can't take out the garbage, cause I'm at the office, and they're making me stay late.

Lois: Peter, the caller ID says you're calling from the kitchen, in fact...I can SEE you. <.<

*after a few seconds, Peter walks behind a wall*

Peter: Can you see me now?

Lois: No.

Peter: Okay, now I'm at the office.

Or Peter on Wheel of Fortune. "I'll take a Z...a 4...a Q...another Q...a third Q...and uhh, the Batman symbol." :lol:

That's like classic Simpsons. I get more laughs out of that, than what they've got going nowadays...sadly, they don't do those jokes anymore. Now it's just things like killing a main character off, replacing him/her with their identical twin, who's voiced by the SAME actor, then turn around and pretend the whole thing never happened. (I.E. Fat Tony's heart attack, and his cousin "Fit" Tony taking over.)

Or in the case of Family Guy, McFarlane's list of "Things that'll likely offend people, and get the FCC after me", in which case, he crosses off the things that DON'T offend people. :okiedokielokie:

Pretty much every single show on the Disney Channel.

any of the live action "comedy" shows on Disney, like "Jessie", or "A.N.T.S.", that have canned laughter during segments. That's so Raven was another show that I thought was just bad. no offense to their fans, or the cast, but I never was a fan of that style of comedy. I think it's more of a..."family friendly slapstick" comedy type than anything, but I could be wrong. :huh:

Edited by Avalionis
  • Brohoof 2

All of those crappy sitcoms on the Disney channel. They aren't damN FUNNY AT ALL! Lab Rats and Mighty Med are good, but the sitcoms that are more based off of teenage drama and high school and stuff... Naw, I don't like those. That's just my opinion of course... There's also... Breadwinners... And. And... Sanjay and Craig, Clarence, and Uncle Grandpa. Uncle Grandpa is too random. It's trying too hard to be visually, and I hate the way the characters look. Pizza Steve is pretty though.

• Brohoof 2

All of those crappy sitcoms on the Disney channel. They aren't damN FUNNY AT ALL! Lab Rats and Mighty Med are good, but the sitcoms that are more based off of teenage drama and high school and stuff... Naw, I don't like those. That's just my opinion of course... There's also... Breadwinners... And. And... Sanjay and Craig, Clarence, and Uncle Grandpa. Uncle Grandpa is too random. It's trying too hard to be visually, and I hate the way the characters look. Pizza Steve is pretty though.

Why not just give Pizza Steve his own show? That way, they could test his potential.

• Brohoof 1

Well this is a morbid topic. I don't really feel like anything should be cancelled. There are people who watch them and they make money for the people who created and worked on it.

Agreed Discordian.

Actually this topic was created with very little direction in the OP. Basically ... list what shows you hate and want to kill. Nothing else. It means the answers require little thought, have invited some passive agressive answers, and is straddling on the toxic line. Kinda reminds me of a few topics on other forums about this new kids show that debuted in late 2010 ... many of them screamed for said show's cancellation. Something about manchildren and pervs watching it. Hm. Food for thought. 

Anyway. I'm ending this discussion. 

• Brohoof 3