Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What MLP Forums Members do you admire?

Chantilly Angel

I'm not talking like an online crush or anything. (though if you have one it's really none of my business). Which member's personality do you like? Who's post do you love reading or replying too? Basically, who on this site do you see you're self becoming good buddies with.

• Brohoof 5

Some members that spring to mind are

Crispy, Matackable, Doctor XFizzle, Shankveld, Ezynell, Dragonshy and Arylett. Mainly because they post alot of entertaining and interesting content. I guess I should probably say Feld0 too..

• Brohoof 6

I thoroughly enjoy reading Veeceiri's and Kyronea's posts. Lots of insight with crafty words meshed very well together with detailed opinions. I wish I could post like them... as I try to.

Moosefullaeggs, BowlArt64, and Scootacool are also some of the people I admire :D

• Brohoof 5

Personality-wise? Oh, there are waaay too many to mention by name. I'm not exactly as well-known as half the people I post with here, but it doesn't seem to matter, and that's one of the main reasons I like it here! :D
  • Brohoof 2

I have my favorites - I like some more than others - but I am not going to mention them.

Also, do not see this as an attack on the topic but is it really such a good idea to have a topic like this?

It could make some ponies feel like nopony loves them and maybe eaven make some ponies believe that they are unwanted.

Favoritizing people for everypony to see isn't such a good idea in my opinion. But I may be very wrong.

• Brohoof 13

Scootacool is pretty, well, cool. Dragonshy always knows what to do with art and stuff. TagTeamCast is a pretty nice guy. Silver Arrow is a good forum member. Zoop is an awesome mod. Lady Rarity Pony is a great poster. Gee, who isn't a pretty cool person on here?

• Brohoof 4

Well... Most of you, really. I recognize a lot of names on the site, but when I really think about it, not many jump out as being way cooler than any others. You're all nice to post with, at least the ones I've seen around a lot. I'll try, though. But I'll probably leave some of you out :(

First off, all my RP buddies. Linguz, Authetius and Slendy especially.

Too many of you to possibly mention are fun to debate with. LRP, Shank, Raronoopa, and suddenly my mind goes blank. I'm forgetting you. I'm sorry :(

Xfizzle is always great for a laugh.

Any of you with whom I've scienced it up are awesome.

Okay, I feel bad now because I forgot some awesome people :(

• Brohoof 6

Scootacool is like one of my favourite posters ever. Seriously, he's awesome. I love his posts. Never have I seen so many posts that someone has made and agreed with nearly every single one. He makes me feel totally incompetent with my ability to word things.

There's also Skyman who is my boyfriend and is absolutely the best boyfriend in the world because he's so understanding and caring about things I think a lot of guys would be iffy on. And I admire Nico a lot. He's my best friend who I've met from the forums and he's a fantastic RPer. Very talented writer and we can relate so much on a variety of things.

Zoop is a wise old bald man, who is a little grumpy, but amusing. And has an awesome name. Also, his voice is suave and he's a badass. Swoop is all fancy in his wordings and makes me feel like an idiot. He's good at being patient with people. Klopp's always happy all the time, and does most things positively and with a smile. Which is insane. Kyronea is very intelligent, and usually makes sense with coherent posts.

Also, Devin is a very sweet guy once you get to know him. He's understanding and fun to talk to from the one private conversation I've had with him. He's one of the few people who I feel a little more comfortable around in a private conversation.

Who else... hmm. Well, Lamii (Inkfeather) is a nice and intelligent guy. Zom is always posting in Clousdale, which amuses me. :D Oh and Ganaram too, because he's smart and mathsy, yet caring. Blue is seriously one of the smartest people here, and his posts are both amusing and a joy to read. Lastly, NNL. I enjoy speaking to him due to his intelligence, and the manner in which he seems calm and casual.

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry. There's too many.

• Brohoof 4

Oh my.. I actually admire quite a few people, so time to make a list :D !

Le List:

Veecèiri

NewCalamity

Neikos Jubilee

Matackable

Devin Dash McCourty

Aureity

Celestia (Hayze)

Daring Doo

Finesthour

Zoop

• Brohoof 2

I admire Ary because she is a mod with a really friendly sense of humor and still keeps a very serious profile when dealing with issues. The same goes for Zoop, but he has a different kind of humor. :)

I also admire Kyronea for his long and thoughtful posts.

Scootacool for being an excellent friend and being good at defending what he believes.

Feld0 for managing to keep multiple websites up and running and moderating all of them!

PeachPallete for her drawing talents.

Klopp because he is always happy and positive, even when dealing with troubles.

Hmm... that's pretty much it.

• Brohoof 2

I don't mean to sound super-sappy, but I really do admire everyone that is a member of this site. :D

With that said, I do have a few people that I could definitely call out by name (in no particular order and I will probably forget quite a few):

• Feld0 - I am pretty sure that this guy eats nails for breakfast. I have only rarely seen people with as much dedication and focus as he has. Besides, he maintains this site... And quite a few others! O_O
  • *Screwball (AKA Slendy) - his sense of humor and intelligence mean that he usually puts a smile on my face every time I read one of his posts
  • ApocalyptiCchaos - for making my avatar!
  • Aureity - for being Applejack
  • Klopp - for being so aggressively happy no matter what
  • Jokuc - for being disturbingly sensible
  • XFizzle - for leaving me grinning just about every time he writes anything on the site
  • Devin Dash McCourty - for calmness, a remarkable sense of humor, and being able to write long, detailed posts
  • Apple Bloom - for running the livestream every weekend even when work obligations make it difficult
  • Hinochi - for sending me my first avatar within seconds of me joining and for becoming my first friend on this site (this is admirable, I assure you)
  • Zoop - I REALLY LIKE HIS MANE!!!! (No seriously, this guy has that wonderfully gritty grip on reality that makes him an oasis of wisdom)
  • Vicra - for being a remarkably sensible individual
  • ProjectRKA - for being a very sensible and somewhat amusing individual
  • Inkfeather - for being a remarkably deep thinker and for being my second friend on this site (this is admirable, I assure you)
  • Ninja Derpy - for having an unstoppable commitment to randomness and chaos
  • Kyronea - for long, logical posts that I have been able to learn from
  • Cynic - for living up to his name so well, more often than not
  • meechkk - for such incredible drawings of dogs and ponies!
  • Thereisnospoon303 - for long, logical posts that I have been able to learn from
  • Pencils - for long, logical posts that I am usually not able to understand upon first reading (but learn from on second or third attempts) and for remarkable artwork
  • Arylett - for an incredible amount of creative versatility. It is a rare thing for someone to be able to draw, write poetry, and write prose with such a high level of proficiency.
  • Libertina - for appearing to be a troll while actually being a very like-able individual
  • Chigens - drawings with great amounts of personality and fabulosity
  • Legendary Emerald - for writing one of the few fan-fictions that I have actually read entirely
  • Swoop - such a remarkable ability to leverage an amazingly large vocabulary to answer nearly any inquiry
  • NeverNeverLand - for being smart, humorous, and witty
  • Flare - A really humble guy that is very good at making pony vectors and disturbingly quick when navigating around his vectoring program
  • XxDerpyDerpyxX - for dominating the posts in cloudsdale and being remarkably funny
  • Neikos Jubilee - for making the notifications extension for chrome and being a very even-tempered individual
  • Marco23p - for making such fantastic wallpapers!
  • Daring Do - for being able to make some of the most distinctive pony drawings that I have ever seen
  • Blue - for having such strong convictions and writing such eloquent posts
  • Ashbad - for being a serious hacker of mind-warping skill and ability
  • Gingerpotato - for a large number of very sensible posts
  • Jonke - for being a remarkably good-natured person
  • Swordfishtrombone - for being a very cool customer
  • Dragonshy - Lots of creativity and a hilarious sense of humor
  • Veeceiri - for being so remarkably classy! and for writing very readable walls-of-text
  • Nico - So much fantastic artwork!
  • Silver Arrow - for being able to stay cool under fire and being remarkably well-written and like-able
  • Crispy - for being funny and at the same time remarkably cool
  • Shankveld - for being classy and providing sound good advice over and over again
  • Tom the Diamond - for being admirably consistent in his convictions of best pony
  • Ganaram - for liking math and having a huge sense of humor
  • Superponylinux - for the incredible amount of effort that he put into trying to solve someone's linux problem and for being a diehard linux user
  • TheIntimidator82 - for being able to make artwork combining cars and ponies that is not silly and is, in fact, awesome
(Yes, this list is actually from memory. Because of this, I probably misspelled a few names and messed up a few genders - don't kill me.)

In addition to all of this, I admire all forum members because they had the wisdom to join this site. I admire all artists, writers, and musicians because of their creative abilities. I admire all of the mods for moderating so well in addition to their other talents.

Also, I have to say, I am surprised to find myself on the admired list. I don't think of myself as being particularly admirable. I am, in fact, a remarkably dry person that has a few moments of great randomness every once in a while (my Cloudsdale raids). But, I am happy that I have been perceived as a decent enough chap. :)

Edit: Oh snap! I needed to add more ponies people!

Edit 2: OK, I give up. I can't list everyone! ADMIRE ALL THE USERS!!!!

I have my favorites - I like some more than others - but I am not going to mention them.

Also, do not see this as an attack on the topic but is it really such a good idea to have a topic like this?

It could make some ponies feel like nopony loves them and maybe eaven make some ponies believe that they are unwanted.

Favoritizing people for everypony to see isn't such a good idea in my opinion. But I may be very wrong.

I dunno. I don't really see the potential for great drama. It's more of an opportunity to do shout-outs to the people that you remember.....

Of course, I could be very wrong as well. After all... Just look at the size of my list! It really is impossible to remember every single person that you admire on a site like this. Even when you give it a good try.

Now that I think about it, I definitely have to say. Yes, it is completely impossible to be able to do a topic like this justice. For that reason, you are quite right that it may not necessarily be a good idea to have one. It might lead to some new members feeling some type of "anxiety of influence".

But then, on the other hand... Is it really favoritizing if you simply say that you admire this person or that person? I don't know.

It seems to me that you will admire those that have directly contributed to your experience somehow. If you state this, then are you naming favorites or are you simply showing appreciation? And, is showing appreciation the same thing as naming favorites?

I'm not sure.

Once again.... I guess it all comes down to...

post-1882-0-50870600-1334593121.jpg

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 38

Scootacool already said it but whateva, whateva I do what I want!

Admire ALL the users!

But if you must insist, I admire Tom the Diamond's adorkable demeanor and his naivity, Crispy's badassery, Scootacool's thoroughness, Electrobolt's niceness and loyalty, Finest's dedication, LRP's realism, NNL's straight-forwardness, Shankveld's empathy, the moderation staff's effort, dedication, and intelligence, and finally Feld0 (and Kurtiss to an extent) for making this place happen :3 as always, apologies if not mentioned, The Doctor loves you all.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 6

Ohh my, there is simply too many to decide and deem favored :( All staff members have been very helpful to me on this forum, namely Arylett, and Feldo. As far as members go, every one has been fully supportive, and appreciative of my being here. To list them, is like Twilight trying to figure out which one of her friends to take to the Gala with just the two tickets she was originally presented with...

Something I'd rather would not participate in if I cannot make every pony happy. Every member here is fully deserving of my appreciation, and is sure to have something I admire about them. I thank you all for a welcome held true! :blush:

• Brohoof 2

I dunno. I don't really see the potential for great drama. It's more of an opportunity to do shout-outs to the people that you remember.....

Of course, I could be very wrong as well. After all... Just look at the size of my list! It really is impossible to remember every single person that you admire on a site like this. Even when you give it a good try.

Now that I think about it, I definitely have to say. Yes, it is completely impossible to be able to do a topic like this justice. For that reason, you are quite right that it may not necessarily be a good idea to have one. It might lead to some new members feeling some type of "anxiety of influence".

But then, on the other hand... Is it really favoritizing if you simply say that you admire this person or that person? I don't know.

It seems to me that you will admire those that have directly contributed to your experience somehow. If you state this, then are you naming favorites or are you simply showing appreciation? And, is showing appreciation the same thing as naming favorites?

I'm not sure.

Oh well I guess you've got a point..

noone has me :(

But.. This is kinda what I meant.

• Jokuc - for being disturbingly sensible

Thanks! :)

• Brohoof 1

All users. Ever. Forever. :D

lol But I do have a few that I admire for various reasons. This does not mean they stand above anyone, just that they've made a bigger impression on me than others.

Dizzy Leeane Rage - Because of her beatiful OC and art, it's inspired me to try drawing ponies again when I stopped after my first picture of Twilight.

Crispy - I bow down to anyone who can put themselves through I Wanna Be The Guy and come out that sane and calm. xD Plus Metal.

NeverNeverLand - His knowledge of metal is worthy of praise. *Bows*

Zoop - First site mod when we didn't necessarily need any mods in the first place. He's just that good.

Swoop - Smartest pony on the forums, without a doubt. He's great to talk to.

Evilshy - My view is that atheists tend to be naturally bitter and are hard to get along with. Evilshy proves that notion wrong, he's a great guy.

Silver Arrow - CRY THUNDAAAAAAAAAH! Need I say more?

FinestHour - Used to be the most active pony on the forum when it started, he's certainly a very fun guy to talk to and he'd be my best friend if I lived in Texas. :D

Libertina Sajuuk-Khar - Your cynicism reminds me of a lot of people I used to know but you've kept me in check more than a few times. My opinions tend to go on the wild side and I start getting a little self-righteous when no one opposes me. xD

Nico - Elope with the banhammer adventure. :P

Viscra Maelstrom - Dat hair. Plus love your taste in musics. :D

--------------------------------

Keep in mind that if you are not mentioned it doesn't mean I think any less of you. I love everypony on the site!

Edited by Raronoopa
  • Brohoof 3

But.. This is kinda what I ment.

Hmm, you have a good point there. :)

dafuq? XD

Says the guy that was the first one to point out the potential problems with this kind of thread! ^_^

I'm not buying it. You are more sensible than you give yourself credit for.

• Brohoof 1