Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do girls draw more than boys?

碇 シンジン

I would say so.

Girls tend to have a more fluid and creative mindset while guys have a more linear mindset. Not saying either gender sticks to these mindsets just saying it's more so a common occurrence.

Which is why you tend to see more men in careers that involve science or medicine, things that are more so a linear mindset.

While you tend to see more women in careers that require a flexible and creative mind.

Again not trying to sound sexist just saying :D

• Brohoof 7

Several of the "girls" you're seeing are likely to actually be male on their side of the screen. You shouldn't assume everyone on the Internet is honest about who (or what) they are.

• Brohoof 2

There are a lot of both. deviantART and tumblr do have a fair share of fangirls though, or females in general. Tons of guy artists do professional work out there however.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I agree with Chip. People in our society don't want to talk about it or dismiss it all together, but male and female minds do function differently. Males tend to think more linearly; which is, generally, why they are good at mathematics and science. While female minds are more abstract and why we tend to be good at language and art. I'm writing in generalities here, of course; this doesn't go for everyone. But this is why you see more female artists than males ones.

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 2

I would say so.

Girls tend to have a more fluid and creative mindset while guys have a more linear mindset. Not saying either gender sticks to these mindsets just saying it's more so a common occurrence.

Which is why you tend to see more men in careers that involve science or medicine, things that are more so a linear mindset.

While you tend to see more women in careers that require a flexible and creative mind.

Again not trying to sound sexist just saying :D

I'm not sure science should be chiefly called linear. Seeing black and white and straight-forward isn't going to make you all that prone to discovering things, and working amongst other scientists, which is well, key. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure science should be chiefly called linear. Seeing black and white and straight-forward isn't going to make you all that prone to discovering things, and working amongst other scientists, which is well, key. 

well more so careers in general practice science, not so much theoretical science. Theoretical is far from linear, that's where you come up with new concepts and challenge what we think we know today. 

• Brohoof 3

well more so careers in general practice science, not so much theoretical science. Theoretical is far from linear, that's where you come up with new concepts and challenge what we think we know today. 

I guess, general practices with understanding key concepts and problem-solving techniques is pretty linear, but if you were to venture into the profession, really going into it, It's all about teamwork really. You won't get that far if you can't keep your mind open a bit, being flexible with other's input even though you may just be the mathematician/general calculator for gravitational data or some sort in whatever occupational project you got a career in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

my siblings that are girls draw, and my siblings that are boys don't. I dunno, it's possible, but I don't know. xD

Edited by Notomi
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen plenty on both sides... and most teaching hardcore artists i know are male, in fact. Not to mention famous artist of the history~

So I really don't think this is a gender thing :v

• Brohoof 1

Studies have shown the men are more likely to pursue careers in sciences and labor while women are more likely to take careers in care and creativity.

I draw, well i did for a while, ive not drawn anything for a while now... I'll see if i can dig out the last thing i drew and post it below.

Most of the people i know in real life that draw are male :P

Last thing i drew was a sketch of Sombra:

post-7214-0-82592500-1438044334_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'd say so. I think boys tend to be more logical and robotic and girls tend to be more emotional and creative, thus are more prone to artistic endeavours.

• 3 years later...

I'm sure guys draw just as much as girls. Maybe girls post their stuff more often but I see no reason to assume there's anything more to it than that. I know a lot of male artists who are very prolific. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...