Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Give To The Homeless?

Biggybrony

I give to organizations that help the homeless when I can though there aren’t very many homeless people out here so there aren’t many organizations besides soup kitchens.

• 5 months later...

Yes, me and my grandfather when he was alive actually bought a cart of groceries for a homeless man once as well as some water etc. So I try to help guy when possible, and I get pleasure from helping those that are down get back on their feet! 

• Brohoof 1

I don't. It is very difficult in our town, where most homeless have been imported from other countries by crime lords, and the money is not going to the homeless. I've heard this from someone who works at the police. It was a few years back as well, but it makes me not give them money. There are other ways, like donating to organizations that help the homeless.

• Brohoof 1

See now, here's the thing...

I usually don't unless pestered by them about it, or in a situation in which not giving them a dollar or such would cause the situation to escalate.

I live in an area that's a sort of..."in-between" neighborhood. The town itself is fine (during the day), but we live like...30 minutes away from Baltimore, and you know how bad it gets there. :unsure:

Honestly also depends on if I can gauge if they really are homeless or not, or what they became homeless for. Most of time around where I live, its people faking it or being homeless because they spent all their money on drugs or such, so I don't usually give them anything.

Now if some teenager or kid came walking up, sure, I may give them something.