Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When was the last time you envied someone?

Cleverclover

It can be over just about anything, as long as you actually wished that you had something that someone else had.  

For me, it was when I read through a deeply psychological and amazingly written MLP fanfic. It really made me wish I was capable of writing that well. 

• Brohoof 2

All the time as I believe it to be a good motivation to improve oneself. When you see someone else performing something amazing than you, some people try to get the urge to try to create their own work to match and even beat it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, I went to a private school and all my friends insisted they weren't rich, but then went on about their 4 tvs, and their two playstations and how much they didn't like their Xbox but kept it anyways. (along with a lot of other stuff, but I won't go on about that) And here I was, only being able to attend the school on financial aid. I'm still friends with these people though, they're great people. :)

Except for one girl who thought she was better than me because she lived in a better neighborhood and had a cleaner house, and went as far as to ask if she could "Clean my house". 

For me it's a local guitar player. He's so much better than me in everyway but he's such an arrogant prick that he drives me towards blind hate. Not only are his bands very popular but apparently he spent a significant portion of his childhood in a wheelchair, just playing guitar. So not only is he insanely talented but he has an X-Facter-esque sob story to go with it!? Goddam it I hate him so much!!

Um... Like all of the time. That's why I chose this username. It's kind of the story of my life. Lol.

• Brohoof 1

The only envy I really have is upon those who are able to manage to stay humble at times where most would show a little pride.  Other than that, I never really have much jealousy at all.

~ Miles

I don't experience a lot of envy, having a relatively comfortable life; most things I want I get, if not immediately then eventually.

There's only one person in this world I envy and that's Hugh Hefner. lol

• 5 years later...

I felt envious of my best friend some 3 years ago when he started dating my other best friend whom I had fallen completely heads over heels for before they started dating. Because I live in Norway most of my friends tend to live across the "pond" as it were, so it wouldn't work out to begin with.

Edited by Yakamaru

• 2 weeks later...

I try not to these days. I used to burn with envy at people who made more money or were more popular than me, but I've come to the conclusion that it's a worthless emotion. The people you're envying will continue to be happy, while the envious just ruin their own physical and mental health by carrying anger around.

I really can't say I have for a long, long time I'm at the top of the food chain so to speak. Therefore the last time I felt envy was just watching youtubers living that dream life of theirs living in Japan drifting or in the USA. Meanwhile living in perhaps the most boring country in the world, if I had to say what country would be the most boring to visit and to live in then it would be Iceland for sure. 

Found out recently like about two weeks ago, that some guy married to this girl who I used to love and she was also my friend too.. they even got married on my b-day. Go figured. 

On 2015-07-27 at 5:21 PM, Envy said:

Um... Like all of the time. That's why I chose this username. It's kind of the story of my life. Lol.

Sorry to quote you on such an old post, but I had no idea.  All these years, I thought we were supposed to be envying you!  

As for myself, sure I see what others have and sometimes I wish I had it too.  That’s human nature.  But I don’t let it consume me.  I’m honestly pretty content with what I have.