Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when when you can't sleep?

Pixie Doodle

Gosh, all of these innocent answers... heheh imeanwhat  :comeatus: 

---

Anyway, I have trouble sleeping a lot.  I have back and neck problems that makes it hard to get comfortable, plus, I have ADHD, which sometimes has caused me to have random nights of insomnia.  

For some odd reason, I am able to fall asleep easiest right at the crack of dawn.  So, falling asleep at a more reasonable time before that is difficult.  

If I know there's something important I have the next day, that I really need good sleep for, I might take a few Benadryl an hour before I want to sleep.  Typically however, that does come with the consequence of possibly resetting your circadian rhythm - and that's not always a bad thing.  On the other hand, the more natural alternative is to take Melatonin, but for someone like me with ADHD, it's not always helpful.  One night I could take Melatonin and it could have zero effect on me, and another it could help me sleep.  

But, I usually don't take either one.  I usually just try and wait it out.  Adjust my position, curse at my pillow, close my eyes, and think about something that I can zone-out on.

~ Miles 

i have a debate about anything, with a friend who happens to have a different view. just as a hobby, of course, not too serious.

or roleplay.

or ponies.

I start day-dreaming about random stories in my head, or I listen to a playlist I found of instrumental Disney music. It's very comforting and nostalgic, and I fall asleep very quickly.

I browse forums and listen to music. Though, I usually end up just laying down and snuggling my favorite fluffy blanket and my Baxter plush signed by my favorite mascot Baxter himself... eventually I end up falling asleep after watching TV. It ALWAYS happens no matter how much I try to avoid it.

I've never really had trouble going to sleep, but when I feel not tired enough I turn off my computer and lay down on my bed and watch videos on my phone until I'm tired enough.

I usually get up and get on the computer 'till I drop, preferably doing something non-relaxing to tire myself out fast. But sometimes, I can just stand there and watch videos till I eventually become sleepy enough.

• Brohoof 1

Worst pers8n to give advice on this. XD my answers to this is one think myself to sleep by causeing myself sheer boardum or two all nighter then I sleep fine the next day XD.

Either debate philosophy with myself or, if I'm too tired to do that, I just put myself into a random dreamworld and see how things play out. If I'm too tired for that, then I'll fall asleep too quickly to remember what I was doing that made me go to sleep.

• Brohoof 2

I find it amazing how I can be watching a Youtube video on my phone in bed and start drifting off (and I've actually falllen asleep while watching videos in bed) and then the moment I stop the video and put my phone on my bedside table, I'm suddenly only half as tired as I was moments before. XD

This happens when I read books too. I'll be drifting off and trying to finish the chapter, but as soon as I put the book down, I'm back to being fairly awake. :P

However, if I'm having trouble sleeping, usually watching Youtube vids or listening to music or even reading a book sometimes does help me feel more sleepy than I was. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

If I have trouble falling to sleep, I'll just lay still in bed, control my breathing with deep breathes, and just let my thoughts wander. If that doesn't work, then I get up and write in my journal; or read a few chapters in a novel or fanfiction until I feel tired. Usually I can fall asleep after that.

I normally read something (with a red light to light the room, in an attempt to not trick my body into thinking that it is morning). That is normally enough to do it, other than that I lie in bed wondering why on earth I can't get to sleep - which only makes it worse :lol: