Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when when you can't sleep?

Pixie Doodle

I usually watch tv until I am utterly bored. Or re watch something on you tube until I am bored. My trick is get so bored that you get tired and fall asleep =3. It's usually how I get to sleep since I almost always sleep odd hours and need to get back on track a lot of the time.

When I can't sleep I make sure the next day I exercise, I make sure I don't have caffeine, and for that night I sorta. You know *cough*. Or read a book, not using an electronic for one, that usually gets me tired real fast.

I read a boring  book, like an encyclopedia.

I'm currently having trouble sleeping, which is what has brought up this topic!
I try to close my eyes and fake sleeping to try and lead my body into doing so, but that doesn't always work. Eventually I pass out, but it's always a pain when you have an thing to go to early in the morning.

Do you have electronics or something like that in your room? If you do I think that is the reason you are not sleeping, it was proven by science that some people when you have things like laptops, phones, tv's, or anything like that in your room or near you in your sleep your brain is tricking your body that it should still stay awake and not fall asleep due to the fact your brain is telling your body it's "day" mode and not "night" mode. You get what I mean, right?

Completely random thoughts that I can barely choose come to mind. Pony related thoughts, Smash related thoughts, life related thoughts, there's not telling of what I can think about. If I'm still unable to sleep, I might meditate for a second time.

What NOT to do: Sit on the computer, phone or any electric device! Preferably, put all of those devices that signals your brain outside the room! It's proven to help your sleep to get better.

What to do: Do what you need to do before you go to sleep, eat properly, use the bathroom, make sure that you feel satisfied. If you're too hot, get a towel, wet it in cold water, wrench it out, put it on your forehead and over your eyes to cool down. Always helps me.

And about sleeping, just try to think of a place, a place of your dreams, where you can be at peace. Any place. I love waterfalls, so I think of my dad sitting by a waterfall, dad has always been my safety at home. That calms me down. Try to look for that place in yourself.

• Brohoof 1

I've suffered from pretty bad insomnia since I was in high school and it didn't really get any better until recently. Throughout high school, I would try listening to music, or reading, or listening to "natural sounds" and not much really helped. In college, I started listening to comedy stations on Pandora and that helped a bit. I find that listening to people talk makes me fall asleep easier than music or sounds do, so now I pretty much do that. Another thing that helped a lot was to listen to sleep meditation videos on youtube. They would put me to sleep faster than anything else, so that might help too :)