Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Recommend any pony merch?

Fleur-De-Lis

(edited)

I was recently thinking about how it would be great to get some pony merchandise. But proceeded to think ... I do not really want anything big, and I certainly dont want to start collecting plushies (where would i put them all! :huh: . Posters can get rather expensive, then there is the issue of where to hang them.

So the thought occurred to me ... pins and buttons! Then I proceeded to wonder ... are there any particularly good artists or button series anyone can recommend? The smaller ones that is, I am unsure of what I would do with the larger sizes ...

P.S. I once saw some amazing necklaces and such of "Factions" such as the the combined solar and lunar empires, changeling, twilight, etc. I forgot the details ... but i recall it being a kickstarter a while back. Although I do not wear jewelry, I thought those would be nice to just own :P

.. also We finally got a celly emote! Oooo~  :sunbutt:

*edit* Did they ever fix the Celestia funko? (aka the famous princess tipsy).I was just thinking I might buy all my favorite characters ... which hopefully wont end up an archive

Too late! it happened XD

The list being

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, Princess Twilight, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Doctor Hooves, and the rest of the mane 6, spike

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis
  • Brohoof 2

If you go to a ponycon they sell this stuff by the bucket loads.

Wish I could, however both transportation and cost (to simply attend) is an issue. Heres hoping there will still be overflowing amounts of awesome pony merch in a few years from now! Fandom of the century is what I am hoping and aiming for hahaha :P

♥ our content creators

• Brohoof 1

It depends of you're adding to your existing collection or you just want something to get the ball rolling. If you want to start out your collection, I suggest the smaller figures that come in the blind bags, or basic brushables. If you're adding on to your collection, I suggest everything. Plushies, hard figures, brushables, even equestria girls. Hope this was helpfull!

• Brohoof 3

I was recently thinking about how it would be great to get some pony merchandise. But proceeded to think ... I do not really want anything big, and I certainly dont want to start collecting plushies (where would i put them all! :huh: . Posters can get rather expensive, then there is the issue of where to hang them.

So the thought occurred to me ... pins and buttons! Then I proceeded to wonder ... are there any particularly good artists or button series anyone can recommend? The smaller ones that is, I am unsure of what I would do with the larger sizes ...

P.S. I once saw some amazing necklaces and such of "Factions" such as the the combined solar and lunar empires, changeling, twilight, etc. I forgot the details ... but i recall it being a kickstarter a while back. Although I do not wear jewelry, I thought those would be nice to just own :P

.. also We finally got a celly emote! Oooo~  :sunbutt:

*edit* Did they ever fix the Celestia funko? (aka the famous princess tipsy).I was just thinking I might buy all my favorite characters ... which hopefully wont end up an archive

Too late! it happened XD

The list being

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, Princess Twilight, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Doctor Hooves, and the rest of the mane 6, spike

Princess Luna pop vinyl definitely! if you want shirts let me know a character design youd want... i design shirts and put em on red bubble 

post-34801-0-58246100-1438621420.jpg

post-34801-0-53464300-1438621421.png

T shirts and comics would be good to look in to. And I know you said no posters, but I bought the collectible poster book that has 40 very high quality removable posters in it on 20 pages. (The pages are like card stock thickness). I used double sided tape to hold washers to the walls and used magnets to hang some of them without damaging them.

Also, the poster book is well priced, so you could get 2. One to hang and one to keep intact.

http://www.abebooks.com/Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic-Collectible-Poster/13307727089/bd?cm_mmc=gmc-_-gmc-_-PLA-_-v01&product=COM9780316323314NEW

YlLUy86l.jpg

UwcDxBtl.jpg

Here are the 3 I put up with my magnet method.

(edited)

I am not really into T-shirts, I don't like the thought of their designs fading and being worn out over time. Though I do like some of the designs!. I am also familiar with those pendents, but they are not quite to my taste, at best they would be on a shelf or a case somewhere, this is because I do not wear jewelry of any kind. I also appreciate the work that goes into them!

For now ... I am thinking pins and buttons, though even that is a stretch right now due to budget, its just the ideal item to start off my collection. When i have money and space ... probably start collecting funko figures.

Question: Just what is a poster book? That is a first time I have heard the term.

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

Question: Just what is a poster book? That is a first time I have heard the term.

It is a large form factor (12 inches by 18 inches or so) book that has removable posters. Like I said above, they are very high quality glossy card stock, unlike most posters which are made of thin paper.

The link in my post above is selling them for just over 10 dollars, I got mine at Amazon for like 20. The book has 20 removable pages, with a poster image on each side (40 posters total). As you can see above I put three of them up using magnets, but I may buy another one to keep intact so I have the whole book without any removed posters.

Here is a link where someone shows each of the posters in the book. Most of them are really well done, only a few are kind "eh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNM28eZvnQ

• Brohoof 1

I would suggest sew-on patches (this sort of thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Unicorn-Cartoon-Embroidered-Costume/dp/B00KQSYHWS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438642352&sr=8-6&keywords=Mlp+sew+on+patch)Some are quite expensive (I think I saw a a Wonderbolt patch sell for £20 once) but there are plenty of cheap ones too, and they are really easy to store or sew onto something and sewing them onto a bag or shirt is far cheaper then buying most printed bags or shirts.