Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Pixar's The Good Dinosaur

TheAnimationFanatic

(edited)

Although a teaser trailer came a month ago, Pixar has released a full trailer for their next film, The Good Dinosaur, which will hit theaters on November 25. It doesn't reveal much of the plot, but features some dazzling animation.

Edited by Theanimationfanatic
  • Brohoof 3

Dino's are always a win and making a AU history in which they live and evolve is a more win!    This flick has been on my "Must See" list for a while!   The animation looks stunning and given what Pix has put out in the last few years only shows they are branching out and just getting better!

Dino's are always a win and making a AU history in which they live and evolve is a more win! This flick has been on my "Must See" list for a while! The animation looks stunning and given what Pix has put out in the last few years only shows they are branching out and just getting better!

Pixar's made movies about Toys, Monsters, and Fish, it makes you wonder why they didn't get to Dinosaurs sooner.

Pixar's made movies about Toys, Monsters, and Fish, it makes you wonder why they didn't get to Dinosaurs sooner.

I think it has a lot to do with "Disney" and what they want to push and etc.   We all know Pixar is what is keeping Disney animation alive.

I think it has a lot to do with "Disney" and what they want to push and etc.   We all know Pixar is what is keeping Disney animation alive.

lol Tangled, Big Hero 6, Wreck-It-Ralph, and Frozen tho

OT: This looks super adorable <3 I hope it turns out as good as it looks.

• Brohoof 3

I for one am always impressed by Pixar, it seems to me they never fail to amaze and astound audiences and take them to new fascinating worlds and this looks breathtaking, the animation is top notch and the visual elements look so beautiful, I love dinosaurs and can't wait to see this, plus the overall morals and story are sweet and touching.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the concept.  The designs for the dinosaurs just look hideous to me. And when I think something has a bad design it distracts me a LOT.  I have that problem with the Equestria Girls movies.  Though, I still loved Rainbow Rocks.

I imagine it will have less dialogue than Pixar's other films, kind of like Wall-E.

Oh no, Wall-E kind of bored me because of that.

I like the concept. The designs for the dinosaurs just look hideous to me. And when I think something has a bad design it distracts me a LOT. I have that problem with the Equestria Girls movies. Though, I still loved Rainbow Rocks.

Oh no, Wall-E kind of bored me because of that.

Yes, the designs are jarring and feel out of place. However, I think that's what Pixar was going for. This is an alternate world where the dinosaurs didn't go extinct. They exist in a time that they shouldn't be alive in. And The Main character, Arlo stands out the most because of his design, which coincides with the fact that he starts off as an outcast. But that's just me.

I am seriously looking forward to this. The idea of "what if the dinosaurs never went extinct" has popped into my head more than once and I will enjoy seeing an exploration of that.

Bit of a wobble when I saw the human character, got to admit. Humans simply could not have evolved with dinosaurs still alive and I was looking forward to a world perhaps by our modern times just still with the dinosaurs. Emphasis on a "bit of a wobble" it's Disney and Pixar I'm sure they'll do something innovative with it.

I thought just occurred to me though, a dinosaur carrying a human baby across a dangerous trek? Doesn't this sound an awful like . . . .

300px-SMW2.jpg

Edited by Steel Accord

I am seriously looking forward to this. The idea of "what if the dinosaurs never went extinct" has popped into my head more than once and I will enjoy seeing an exploration of that.

Bit of a wobble when I saw the human character, got to admit. Humans simply could not have evolved with dinosaurs still alive and I was looking forward to a world perhaps by our modern times just still with the dinosaurs. Emphasis on a "bit of a wobble" it's Disney and Pixar I'm sure they'll do something innovative with it.

I thought just occurred to me though, a dinosaur carrying a human baby across a dangerous trek? Doesn't this sound an awful like . . . .

sig-3998128.300px-SMW2.jpg

All that's missing are creatures resembling Goompas.

• Brohoof 1

Well, this looks promising! I have been always a dino-nut and I sure am looking forward to this movie. The visuals are utterly beautiful! Even if the dinosaurs look very cartoony and have some anatomical flaws, I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable film. Plus, it's giving me some You Are Umasou vibes.

Why not? Keep in mind, we'll have a better idea of what this film will be like later on.

It just looks a little too... childish to me.

More childish than usual for Disney and Pixar

You never know. Without spoiling anything, something happens at the beginning that establishes it's not a kiddie film.

Is it that Arlo's parent dies?