Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you name your Pokemon?

ManaMinori

Also, is "Blue Moon" a good name for a shiny Umbreon?

Blue Moon is the best name, naturally.

I didn't play it that much (I borrowed a friend's game and played a couple of hours) but I did name my pokemon after british tanks - the starter I named challenger, then scorpion, scimitar, so on and so fourth.

• 1 month later...

Yeah all the time,but I wish you could name unnamed pokemon you got from a trade,like I could understand if it had a nickname,but I hate not being able to nickname the unnamed pokemon I got from trades.  

Edited by CookieK

I name my starters, my legendaries, and any other Pokemon I get that strikes my fancy. I always give them names that are somehow connected to the Pokemon itself, whether it be the Pokemon's appearance or its defining characteristic (i.e. I named my Yveltal "Alduin" because both are dark, winged creatures that signify death)

Always. Mostly because I Nuzlocke a lot and nicknaming is pretty much a requirement for the full experience. Usually it's a pop culture joke, or a pun if I can't think of one of those, because I am the least original person ever.

Edited by ArDee

Nowadays I do! When I was younger, I liked being more like the characters in the anime and just calling mine by their species names. But these days I like to spend more time turning them into actual characters, so I give them names to stand out.

My OC's favorite type is Fire. Her main team is:

Paladin (Blaziken), Seraphim (Ninetales), Cavalry (shiny Rapidash), August (Arcanine), Valiant (Lucario), and a Chandelure I don't think I've named yet.