Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria: Endeavor (Reboot)

Defender of Tomorrow

(edited)

(Will consider new Applicants, just PM me. However, if you're not going to be dedicated to the roleplay then don't even apply!)

RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/134483-fallout-equestria-endeavor-reboot/

Reference Map: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/013/a/5/fallout__equestria_map_by_silentcarto-d48gvst.png

Google doc/Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a53hcmIZj5Yh4pzYUTq2ZTeeN4ptAf-BaNS56q6-0Rc/edit#

(Rules+Races, I give credit to Original Suri!]

"My sun is setting... It's dark... So dark..." - Knight Solaire, Dark Souls

In 2077 the sun did set, It was an inevitable result caused by the destructive nature of ponykind. Two world powers waged total war with each other, each side expecting victory. Tensions grew, neither side would admit defeat, soon it reached its breaking point on one fateful day; the day where the megaspells fell, the day where atomic fire consumed the earth, the day which civilization as we know collapsed.  It took less than a few hours for the entire world to be reduced to rubble, it soon was quiet on all fronts and it seemed as if the world did end.

Few were exempt from immediate annihilation. Some, 'fortunate' souls found their way to underground shelters that protected them from the horrors outside, known as Stables. Many years passed, some stables opened and thrived in the wasteland, imposing their beliefs on the societies that they created. 

More than a century has passed since the day the world "ended"; though in time, the Equestrian Wasteland will be forever changed....

Note: This is a complete fallout: equestria spinoff, most of the major events of the "key" books have not happened and many ponies have yet to exist. I myself have added my own "canon" materials into the roleplay.

RULES:

— No god-modding (controlling other people's OCs without their consent) or being overpowered. If you believe a person is doing any one of those things, either post it here in the OOC or PM me.

— Do not attempt to bypass the word limit in the RP with "filler OOC". Not only is this against the RP rules, it is against the forum rules as well, simply for being spam. If I see this in the roleplay, I will at first give you a warning; after the second time, you will be permanently kicked from the roleplay.

— No Mary-Sue OCs...for obvious reasons. We would like to enjoy this RP to the greatest extent. Roleplaying isn't about winning or having the best crap, it's about creating an enjoyable story. 

— There is no limit to how much OCs you can have in the RP, and you can join any time you want in the RP (though it might be recommended to require help from someone else to summarize what happened previously). Hoorah!

— While there will be alicorns in the roleplay, alicorn OCs will be checked heavily before approval, requiring detailed backstory and personality that fits FoE canon. 

— Unique weapons that is canonically owned by Fallout Equestria characters is not allowed at all, such as Spitfire's Thunder, Trottenheimer's Folly, Subtlety, etc. I will allow originally created unique weapons, however, at long as it is not too powerful than it should be. 

— All OCs must have SPECIAL (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck) Traits, and Tag Skills so it is possible to calculate all skill levels and health. The number of SPECIAL points should not in total exceed 40, and only two traits can be picked. 

— Don't intend to sign up if you can't be consistently active. Try to PM or post in the OOC when you are going to be inactive. 

— Attempt to write quality posts with effort, please. While I can accept the occasional typo, it gets really difficult to read when your sentences are assassins of grammar and spelling.

— All OCs will cap at level 30 until further notice. This is determined by the number of posts you have done in the roleplay. The number of posts you need to level up is determined by this equation: 2.5 (2 * (n+2)) (n-1), where n is the level. Therefore, Level 2 will require 20 posts, Level 3 will require 50 posts, Level 4 will require 90 posts, and so on. Level 30 will require 4640 posts, by the way. And yes, that is 232 pages exactly, though if we do manage to get there, we will cap at that level. 

— For each even level (Level 2, Level 4, and so forth), a perk can be gained, though the requirements must be met. Skill points will be rewarded at each level up, using the equation 10 + ( IN / 2 ). All decimal places are rounded, so for example, if a pony had a IN of 7, for all odd levels he or she will gain 13 points, but for all even levels he or she will gain 14 points. On the other hand, a pony with an IN of 8 would consistently gain 14 skill points. The Educated perk at Level 4 can give two extra skill points per level up, and the Comprehension perk will reward an additional skill point for skill books.

Races: 

Earth ponies are inarguably the most common species in the Equestrian Wasteland. While lacking both the usage of magic from unicorns and flying from pegasi, they can somehow take damage what might in comparison kill others. They have 20% more Damage Resistance, Poison Resistance, and Fire Resistance all by themselves, and have halved chem addiction time. Battle Saddles also negate the strength requirement by 1 as well. They only possess AP in the case they have a PipBuck. 

Unicorns are the second most common species in the Equestria Wasteland. Capable of magic, they now govern both AP and MP, or Magic Points, calculated by 100 + 10 * ( IN + PE ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Mint-Al (Steady can be used to increase magic spell accuracy), and magic spells, while it does not need S.A.T.S, costs MP to some extent, depending on its difficulty. Magic can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal magic combos. Unicorns also deal 10% more damage with magical energy weapons. 

Pegasi are less common on the surface, mostly affiliated with the Grand Pegasus Enclave. Capable of flying, they now govern both AP and FP, or Flying Points, calculated by 150 + 10 * ( AG + EN ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Cloud-pack (which increases FP and +2 AG, but has an addiction with -1 PE and AG). Dash and Ultra-Dash can slow down time perception, even in flying. Flying skills do not need S.A.T.S, but costs FP depending on its difficulty, and can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal flying combos. The downside is, however, that wings can also be crippled, which may severely hinder flight or cause the pegasus to fall. Med-X can negate this partially by increasing "wing health". Also, some factions may be suspicious of pegasi for their relation to the Enclave, and some NPCs may act aggressive towards you. 

Alicorns used to be the "goddess" race in the pre-war for ponies such as Celestia and Luna; now, the majority of alicorns are from the vats of I.M.P taint that has mutated them. While they have MP, FP, and AP and can use all three together if they somehow obtain a PipBuck, as well as being immune to I.M.P taint and any form of radiation, they have no "Cutie Mark Tag" and only possess two tag skills. Their Karma starts as -100 as well, and they get double as much infamy points from all factions unless disguised as either a unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony. 

Ghouls are mutated ponies from the apocalypse (think Ditzy Doo); they can be any pony race, save for alicorn, and are immune to radiation. In fact, they heal from them; therefore, their "Radiation points" act in a different way, consuming "radiation" instead. Starting at 1000, if their "Radiation points" hit 0, they will face the risk of being a feral ghoul or death. They share all traits to whoever race they are.

Griffons are similar to pegasi, save for lacking a cutie mark and therefore a cutie mark tag. Like pegasi, they have AP and FP, and unlike pegasi, their wings have more "health" and are more difficult to cripple, their talons do additional damage (increasing Melee and Unarmed), and they consume FP more slowly.

Zebras have three tagged skills, but no cutie mark tags, and can optionally use MP. They have a +5 in Sneak regardless of traits and perks, stealth-based armor has better effects, and Zebras deal more damage in sneak attacks. Unfortunately, they're also the ones that detonated megaspells on Equestria, so all Zebras, while starting at 0 Karma, have bad dispositions for almost all factions.(Rules+Races, I give credit to Original Suri!]

"My sun is setting... It's dark... So dark..." - Knight Solaire, Dark Souls

In 2077 the sun did set, It was an inevitable result caused by the destructive nature of ponykind. Two world powers waged total war with each other, each side expecting victory. Tensions grew, neither side would admit defeat, soon it reached its breaking point on one fateful day; the day where the megaspells fell, the day where atomic fire consumed the earth, the day which civilization as we know collapsed.  It took less than a few hours for the entire world to be reduced to rubble, it soon was quiet on all fronts and it seemed as if the world did end.

Few were exempt from immediate annihilation. Some, 'fortunate' souls found their way to underground shelters that protected them from the horrors outside, known as Stables. Many years passed, some stables opened and thrived in the wasteland, imposing their beliefs on the societies that they created. 

More than a century has passed since the day the world "ended"; though in time, the Equestrian Wasteland will be forever changed....

Note: This is a complete fallout: equestria spinoff, most of the major events of the "key" books have not happened and many ponies have yet to exist. I myself have added my own "canon" materials into the roleplay.

RULES:

— No god-modding (controlling other people's OCs without their consent) or being overpowered. If you believe a person is doing any one of those things, either post it here in the OOC or PM me.

— Do not attempt to bypass the word limit in the RP with "filler OOC". Not only is this against the RP rules, it is against the forum rules as well, simply for being spam. If I see this in the roleplay, I will at first give you a warning; after the second time, you will be permanently kicked from the roleplay.

— No Mary-Sue OCs...for obvious reasons. We would like to enjoy this RP to the greatest extent. Roleplaying isn't about winning or having the best crap, it's about creating an enjoyable story. 

— There is no limit to how much OCs you can have in the RP, and you can join any time you want in the RP (though it might be recommended to require help from someone else to summarize what happened previously). Hoorah!

— While there will be alicorns in the roleplay, alicorn OCs will be checked heavily before approval, requiring detailed backstory and personality that fits FoE canon. 

— Unique weapons that is canonically owned by Fallout Equestria characters is not allowed at all, such as Spitfire's Thunder, Trottenheimer's Folly, Subtlety, etc. I will allow originally created unique weapons, however, at long as it is not too powerful than it should be. 

— All OCs must have SPECIAL (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck) Traits, and Tag Skills so it is possible to calculate all skill levels and health. The number of SPECIAL points should not in total exceed 40, and only two traits can be picked. 

— Don't intend to sign up if you can't be consistently active. Try to PM or post in the OOC when you are going to be inactive. 

— Attempt to write quality posts with effort, please. While I can accept the occasional typo, it gets really difficult to read when your sentences are assassins of grammar and spelling.

— All OCs will cap at level 30 until further notice. This is determined by the number of posts you have done in the roleplay. The number of posts you need to level up is determined by this equation: 2.5 (2 * (n+2)) (n-1), where n is the level. Therefore, Level 2 will require 20 posts, Level 3 will require 50 posts, Level 4 will require 90 posts, and so on. Level 30 will require 4640 posts, by the way. And yes, that is 232 pages exactly, though if we do manage to get there, we will cap at that level. 

— For each even level (Level 2, Level 4, and so forth), a perk can be gained, though the requirements must be met. Skill points will be rewarded at each level up, using the equation 10 + ( IN / 2 ). All decimal places are rounded, so for example, if a pony had a IN of 7, for all odd levels he or she will gain 13 points, but for all even levels he or she will gain 14 points. On the other hand, a pony with an IN of 8 would consistently gain 14 skill points. The Educated perk at Level 4 can give two extra skill points per level up, and the Comprehension perk will reward an additional skill point for skill books.

Races: 

Earth ponies are inarguably the most common species in the Equestrian Wasteland. While lacking both the usage of magic from unicorns and flying from pegasi, they can somehow take damage what might in comparison kill others. They have 20% more Damage Resistance, Poison Resistance, and Fire Resistance all by themselves, and have halved chem addiction time. Battle Saddles also negate the strength requirement by 1 as well. They only possess AP in the case they have a PipBuck. 

Unicorns are the second most common species in the Equestria Wasteland. Capable of magic, they now govern both AP and MP, or Magic Points, calculated by 100 + 10 * ( IN + PE ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Mint-Al (Steady can be used to increase magic spell accuracy), and magic spells, while it does not need S.A.T.S, costs MP to some extent, depending on its difficulty. Magic can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal magic combos. Unicorns also deal 10% more damage with magical energy weapons. 

Pegasi are less common on the surface, mostly affiliated with the Grand Pegasus Enclave. Capable of flying, they now govern both AP and FP, or Flying Points, calculated by 150 + 10 * ( AG + EN ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Cloud-pack (which increases FP and +2 AG, but has an addiction with -1 PE and AG). Dash and Ultra-Dash can slow down time perception, even in flying. Flying skills do not need S.A.T.S, but costs FP depending on its difficulty, and can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal flying combos. The downside is, however, that wings can also be crippled, which may severely hinder flight or cause the pegasus to fall. Med-X can negate this partially by increasing "wing health". Also, some factions may be suspicious of pegasi for their relation to the Enclave, and some NPCs may act aggressive towards you. 

Alicorns used to be the "goddess" race in the pre-war for ponies such as Celestia and Luna; now, the majority of alicorns are from the vats of I.M.P taint that has mutated them. While they have MP, FP, and AP and can use all three together if they somehow obtain a PipBuck, as well as being immune to I.M.P taint and any form of radiation, they have no "Cutie Mark Tag" and only possess two tag skills. Their Karma starts as -100 as well, and they get double as much infamy points from all factions unless disguised as either a unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony. 

Ghouls are mutated ponies from the apocalypse (think Ditzy Doo); they can be any pony race, save for alicorn, and are immune to radiation. In fact, they heal from them; therefore, their "Radiation points" act in a different way, consuming "radiation" instead. Starting at 1000, if their "Radiation points" hit 0, they will face the risk of being a feral ghoul or death. They share all traits to whoever race they are.

Griffons are similar to pegasi, save for lacking a cutie mark and therefore a cutie mark tag. Like pegasi, they have AP and FP, and unlike pegasi, their wings have more "health" and are more difficult to cripple, their talons do additional damage (increasing Melee and Unarmed), and they consume FP more slowly.

Zebras have three tagged skills, but no cutie mark tags, and can optionally use MP. They have a +5 in Sneak regardless of traits and perks, stealth-based armor has better effects, and Zebras deal more damage in sneak attacks. Unfortunately, they're also the ones that detonated megaspells on Equestria, so all Zebras, while starting at 0 Karma, have bad dispositions for almost all factions.

Character sheet:

Character information:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Statistics:

Action Points:

Carry Weight:

Critical Chance:

Hit Points:

Melee Damage:

Skill Rate:

Unarmed Damage:

Natural DT:

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

S:
P:
E:
C:
I:
A:
L:

Skills:

Barter:

Battle saddles:

Explosives:

Firearms:

Lockpick:

Magical energy weapons:

Mechanics:

Medicine:

Melee:

Science:

Sneak:

Speech:

Survival:

Unarmed:

Perks:

Traits:

TAG! Skills:

Equipment:

Background story (optional):

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 5

Alright just double checking since the one you have linked in top post is the fallout page

Also we're still going with the rule of one per per two levels instead of one?

_

-

Sorry for all the questions, but Unicorn's and my own character are Enclave. Do they get to start with standard issue gear or should we create a reason they lost it?

(edited)

Swift Gambit (equestria fallout) lvl 1

Strength: 8 HP: 106

Perception: 7

Endurance: 6

Charisma: 3

Intelligence: 6

Agility: 7

Luck: 5

Tag skills- Medicine, survival(CM), Battle Saddles

Traits- Build to destroy (3% increase to chance of criticals/weapon condition decays faster) Bruiser (+2 strength, -15AP)

(Base of skill is associated SPECIAL x2 + luck .5 rounded down)

Skill Points 13/13 (13per lvl)

Barter- 8

Battle saddles- 37

Explosives- 16

Firearms- 16

Lockpicking- 16

Magical energy weapons- 16

Mechanics- 14

Medicine- 34

Melee- 18

Science- 14

Sneak- 16

Speech- 8

Survival- 34

Unarmed- 18

Perks: Flight (level 1)

Items:

Damaged Enclave Armor: (DT: 15 DR: 10% WT:40) [missing helmet]

Light Machine Gun: ( Dam: 9+ AP: 25 RoF: 4 Mag:90 WT:15 Ammo: 5.56mm)

Battle Saddle

ammunition

Standard Issue VISR/pipbuck 

How's this character Defender 

Edited by Chip Circuit

Alright the light machine gun was the lowest damage rifle that would make use of battle saddle but I'll drop that damage. And the armor was matched to salvaged power armor but I'll drop it by 5 saying he lost his helmet.

(edited)

Alright the light machine gun was the lowest damage rifle that would make use of battle saddle but I'll drop that damage. And the armor was matched to salvaged power armor but I'll drop it by 5 saying he lost his helmet.

Also enclave battle saddles use energy weapons in their military instead of ballistics so that wouldn't make sense either. Oh and having survival as an ability would be strange considering the enclave base their soldiers in the sky.

Edited by Ranger22

(edited)

Also enclave use energy weapons in their military instead of ballistics so that wouldn't make sense either.

alright I wasn't aware, I know little on FoE lore. But thanks for letting me know.

I'll alter it tomorrow but for now I need to get to bed before I get lost in the weapons document again lol

And just to double check any weapon can be used with a battle saddle correct and if so like if I use an energy rifle in his battle saddle does the corresponding skill pull from the battle saddle or energy weapon skill?

Edited by Chip Circuit

The machine gun and Enclave armor trouble me (considering we're level 1, those numbers are way too high!

The perk system you've given us applies to the pen and paper tabletop fallout equestria so our skills don't really tie well together. Also I would like to know what type of stats on our equipment you'd prefer. Considering Hazel packs a lot of explosives so I'd like to know.

For the beginning I would prefer to limit the weapons to small arms/explosives. However, if you want to have a machine gun or your enclave armor to retain more of its stats, then it would have to be heavily damaged. (i.e jamming alot/ heating issues/ more weak spots)

@Unicorncob

I like her backstory and everything, though her stats look a little wrong but idk for sure. Also you need an equipment list, but other than that its okay!

Just to clarify, you're starting with crackshot and her right?

• Brohoof 2

I like her backstory and everything, though her stats look a little wrong but idk for sure. Also you need an equipment list, but other than that its okay!

Well if we're starting at level one, I put the tagged perks as having an extra 15 points :wacko:

I can also start with Crackshot, or bring him in later, whichever works best!

As for equipment;

Enclave Power Armour

PipBuck

Music Player

Magical Energy Rifle battlesaddle

Alright just double checking since the one you have linked in top post is the fallout page

Also we're still going with the rule of one per per two levels instead of one?

_

-

Sorry for all the questions, but Unicorn's and my own character are Enclave. Do they get to start with standard issue gear or should we create a reason they lost it?

Wouldn't they abandon their armor as Calamity did at the Rock of Destiny after becoming Dashites?

The perk system you've given us applies to the pen and paper tabletop fallout equestria so our skills don't really tie well together. Also I would like to know what type of stats on our equipment you'd prefer. Considering Hazel packs a lot of explosives so I'd like to know.

I'm with Ranger here, I always thought that our character sheets were more a "rough outline" than strictly by the number since the medium is different.

• Brohoof 1

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/foe-hazel-nut-r6686

Alright kiddies let me do a bit of explaining on the lovely world of fallout equestria. Pip bucks were only issued to stable dwellers so good look finding one in the sky. Also a big issue with your characters are on how they are still enclave after going beneath the cloud cover. No one is allowed to go ground side unless they are scouting and that's a very rare event. Any and all who go underneath the clouds will never be able to go back. They will be viewed as contaminated and be shot on sight, and trust me they will notice if you do go down there. What's even stranger is you leave with government owned power armor and weapons without being given a mission to do so by the council. 

• Brohoof 1

Alright kiddies let me do a bit of explaining on the lovely world of fallout equestria. Pip bucks were only issued to stable dwellers so good look finding one in the sky. Also a big issue with your characters are on how they are still enclave after going beneath the cloud cover. No one is allowed to go ground side unless they are scouting and that's a very rare event. Any and all who go underneath the clouds will never be able to go back. They will be viewed as contaminated and be shot on sight, and trust me they will notice if you do go down there. What's even stranger is you leave with government owned power armor and weapons without being given a mission to do so by the council. 

Stable dwellers are also commonly found on the surface, usually dead with PipBucks attached to them.

And I doubt even the Enclave has such an air-tight security system that they can detect when one member goes off alone, at night.

Thirdly, I mentioned in my ref that my OC's armour is personalised, as in made for her.

Alright well as to prevent further issues and debated being sprung from my ineptitude when it comes to FoE lore and protocol I will just reenter Chip once I get a new lvl 1 character sheet for him whipped up. 

(edited)

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/foe-hazel-nut-r6686

Stable dwellers are also commonly found on the surface, usually dead with PipBucks attached to them.

And I doubt even the Enclave has such an air-tight security system that they can detect when one member goes off alone, at night.

Thirdly, I mentioned in my ref that my OC's armour is personalised, as in made for her.

Nevertheless, he does have a point even if he could have said it a bit nicer. Isolationism is such a part of the Pegasi culture these days that just having one "frequent surface visitor" who isn't a Dashite already is improbable, more than one is absurd.

Yes their security IS that air-tight and on top of that it's culturally endemic. The Pegasus Enclave have used social engineering to create a cult of personality, that's the reason they brand dissenters and then exile them. For fear of "contamination" spreading. It's Richard Dawkins' school of thought. "Contamination" in this case doesn't mean physical disease based contaminants (though they may tell otherwise or in addition to), but rather contaminating themes, ideas, or memes.

Their internally directed military security combined with applied memetics creates a pony population equal parts loyal and ignorant.

So yes, Enclave pegasi that aren't Dashites going to the surface are as much a stretch of the lore as a pony from Pre-War, as in even before the military conflict with the Zebra's even started, Equestria somehow ending up in the present.

Edited by Steel Accord

Unicorn, our two friends here are just trying to keep the roleplay as canon as possible. The only portions in which I have altered in the universe is the introduction of my two factions. 

You don't necessarily have to drop the character, and while it may be improbable for her to be under the cloud cover it isn't impossible. Sure, you might need to alter her, but its for the sake of keeping it concise to the universe.

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn, our two friends here are just trying to keep the roleplay as canon as possible. The only portions in which I have altered in the universe is the introduction of my two factions. 

You don't necessarily have to drop the character, and while it may be improbable for her to be under the cloud cover it isn't impossible. Sure, you might need to alter her, but its for the sake of keeping it concise to the universe.

I know, I know, but they could've just been a little less snobbish about it

I wasn't trying to 'break canon' or whatever, I was simply trying something different to see if it worked