Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Zeus Q&A

Simon

Hey guys!

Time for our second staff Q&A, this time with Zeus, the head of PoniArcade!  Check out poniarcade.com if you're not familiar with it, and be sure to toss all the questions you have about PArc or anything else at Zeus by this time tomorrow!

To get things started:

What's your favorite game to play on PoniArcade?

• Brohoof 7

Hey guys!

Time for our second staff Q&A, this time with Zeus, the head of PoniArcade!  Check out poniarcade.com if you're not familiar with it, and be sure to toss all the questions you have about PArc or anything else at Zeus by this time tomorrow!

To get things started:

What's your favorite game to play on PoniArcade?

Thank you Simon for the introduction :P

What's your favourite game to play on PoniArcade?

Well, this is quite a difficult question as there is a lot we have going on. The one I probably spend the most time on however is our new Minecraft server. We've got a lot going on at the moment and I tend to be there a lot just as part of the job. I do enjoy taking some time out with the community there though - it's always fun :P

• Brohoof 6

Hello Zeus! It's great to have you do a Q&A!

Here is my question - how did you discover video games? What do you like most about them?

• Brohoof 6

Is setting up game servers complicated?

How long have you been gaming for?  :squee:

Is setting up game servers complicated?

It really depends what game it is and what is involved in running it. Technically there is usually documentation to help you through which can be a lifesaver at times. In terms of moderation and gameplay, that's a whole different ballgame. If you don't understand the game you are going to struggle with running a server for it. My advice to anyone wanting to run a game server is to not go with one of those prehosted packages for specific games but rather to learn how to use Linux in the terminal, and buy yourself a VPS. It's a lot more flexible ^_^

How long have you been gaming for?

Ever since I was a little boy, actually. Perhaps since I was about 6.

• Brohoof 4

Hello Zeus! It's great to have you do a Q&A!

Here is my question - how did you discover video games? What do you like most about them?

How did you discover video games? What do you like most about them?

Honestly, I'm not even sure how I discovered them! It was such a long time ago. All I do remember is that when I was younger I used to be a fan of racing/automotive games. Surely every little kid has played one of those before, right? :P

What do I like most about them? The interactivity. You look at television or something and it's in effect letting you sit on your butt all day. Video games while still keeping the "sitting on your butt" part actually involve your mind a lot of the time. I'm not saying that it's healthy or anything but it is certainly more thought provoking than something like TV.

Where do you see PoniArcade going in the future?

hilariously tiny message!

Honestly I'm not too sure yet! We still have a lot of work to do with our Minecraft and Terraria servers. I think we ought to get those running smoothly before we tackle any bigger projects. I do hope we'll have more of a community interaction aspect coming up however. ;)

hilariously tiny message to you too.

• Brohoof 6

Why your username is Zeusking19,  where it originates, what is the story behind the name =)?

So, this is just a username I came up with when I was like, 8. There is no real story behind it. All I do remember is that we were studying greek mythology at school. My outlook on it was "Greek god, common interpretation, number". 

So yeah.

• Brohoof 6

Founder of Hoofstep Synergy? Zeus, what is that I may ask....

Well, it used to be an animation studio that I ran. Since starting at Poniverse it fell inactive. It's kinda dead now. :P

• Brohoof 4

Zeus

Zeus

Everyone is like You x Clover.

Why?

In a more serious note, what made you think on applying to Poniarcade?

• Brohoof 4

Zeus

Zeus

Everyone is like You x Clover.

Why?

In a more serious note, what made you think on applying to Poniarcade?

Because Clover is best pone.

Applying to PArc was a decision I thought about for a few days. It wasn't something I took lightly. I enjoy games, love the community and have worked with server technologies. I think of it as learning, but really for me it's a wonderful volunteer job. In effect I applied because I thought I'd be willing to help a community grow, and boy has it!

Is your job stressful? 

Will Civilization V be added to the list of games?

The role can be stressful but it is worth seeing the smiles in the end from the community.

As for CivV... Maybe.

• Brohoof 5

What is your favorite game of all time? 

How good are you at gaming?

My favourite would have to be Portal 2.

I'm actually terrible at gaming, those who have watched me well tell you as much.

• Brohoof 6

As head of PArc, how efficient would you say the PArc team is? 

How much time do you spend working on/for PArc? 

• Brohoof 4

What was the hardest task that you had to make thus far in Poniarcade?

those who have watched me well tell you as much.

I can confirm that.

• Brohoof 5

As head of PArc, how efficient would you say the PArc team is? 

How much time do you spend working on/for PArc? 

The crew I lead is composed of many hard-working individuals and all of them are great team workers. While I can't really describe efficiency, they are certainly a lovely bunch who get the job done.

Each day I probably spend an hour or two, maybe more, on PArc.

Zeus.. that name, you into greek mythologhy or is it just something you chose out of no where, and Half Life 3? (just kidding)

As I answered before it was because of the subject we were currently studying at school. 

Half Life 3? Meh. We have not managed to convince Gaben yet.

but we're working on it

What was the hardest task that you had to make thus far in Poniarcade?

I can confirm that.

You can't confirm anything. You've been too lazy to show up to our game nights.

In regards to the hardest task, well. The most difficult thing we've tackled as a crew is most likely the Minecraft migration, which just passed. Bringing on such a large server and crew comes with it's challenges and is not an easy task. The rest of the Poniverse team (including you, somewhat) have been very supportive and for that I owe the entire organisation a massive thank you.

• Brohoof 6

Do you think that the PArc community and also staff might grow in the future? 

Any upcoming events of PArc that you are stressing over (or do you not really stress over things)? 

Half Life 3? Meh. We have not managed to convince Gaben yet. but we're working on it
 Gaben is now playing Starcraft II D: 
  • Brohoof 2

Do you think that the PArc community and also staff might grow in the future? 

Any upcoming events of PArc that you are stressing over (or do you not really stress over things)? 

The community will definitely grow, and the staff is already massive! I can't wait to see what the future has in store.

At the moment I'm concerning myself with PArcMC. It's a new service and as such there is stuff we need to do. Rest assured me and the other techpones are ready to take on whatever challenges PoniArcade can throw at us.

• Brohoof 3