Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone got spooky ghost stories?

Boyevyye De

I mean real stuff you have experianced for yourself. I think I had one in an old hospital in a city near our town. It is now a bunch of offices but one I ALWAYS got a sense of dread walking through those halls. Like I would often fast walk or even run to leave. But once I saw at the end of one of the halls (they are very long halls btw) a glimps of a woman in a white dress walking into an office. It looked like she was taking a step but she kinda just floated into the office. I am sure that place is haunted..

Anyways. Your ghost stories? 

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't really know if ghosts are real or not but I remember back in 2009 my school took me on a trip to Wales and we were staying at an education centre which was built on an old Victorian farm. And I remember one night we were practicing what to do if a fire broke out. And I remember I looked off into the woods and I saw a human figure but they looked pale white and have no facial or body features. I didn't make much note of this until much later. Also at the same place one of the kids claims he saw a chair move (though to be fair he was that kid who would make things up).

Mine isn't too scary, just weird. I was at home with my sister, it was late at night and she was asleep, but I was in my father's room all the way at the other end of the house. I had the door closed (if it isn't, it'll slowly creak open on it's own) when suddenly something hit it VERY hard, hard enough to open it and boy was it loud.

There is no way it could've been my sister, I didn't see anyone. She couldn't of ran back to her room because I would've heard her. But that's the only thing that has ever happened to me in this house.

A majority of the ghosts I've come across aren't super active or anything. I have experience with em but nothing too scary. They were personal so I'd rather not write about it.

I live on a busy road, but across the street is a big patch of woods. There was a really windy day, and it was a bit darker than it usually is. That night I had walked outside to let my dog out, I looked across the street and the wind was still howling and I felt really really scared; like something wasn't normal. I have no idea what it could have been, but I was afraid to look over there for days.

Not much of a ghost story, I know.

(edited)

A majority of the ghosts I've come across aren't super active or anything. I have experience with em but nothing too scary. They were personal so I'd rather not write about it.

I live on a busy road, but across the street is a big patch of woods. There was a really windy day, and it was a bit darker than it usually is. That night I had walked outside to let my dog out, I looked across the street and the wind was still howling and I felt really really scared; like something wasn't normal. I have no idea what it could have been, but I was afraid to look over there for days.

Not much of a ghost story, I know.

I have one similar to that... I live on the literal corner of my neighborhood with woods right across the street. One day I was just goofing off in the backyard and after a while I felt like I was being watched, it was really unsettling. I froze and was trying to see if someone was in the woods, I saw something moving behind the thick brush. I thought it was either my friend messing with me (he has a ghillie suit) or a deer. I decided to go in and started walking to my front yard and suddenly an instinct kicked in and told me to BOOK IT so I did. That's about it. Kind of an anti climax I know, but it was a reaaally creepy feeling I had.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

I was convinced for a while that I saw a ghost when I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure I was asleep or my memory is being dumb.

I was sitting on the couch and my dad frequently had people walking through the house at the time to fix the computer. This one time, I didn't say hi. He was an older gentleman with this very distinctive plaid flat cap. He walked by, he never walked back out and my parents had no recollection of the man.

I wish sometimes I could see another now that I'm smart enough to write down the crazy things I witness.

I have one similar to that... I live on the literal corner of my neighborhood with woods right across the street. One day I was just goofing off in the backyard and after a while I felt like I was being watched, it was really unsettling. I froze and was trying to see if someone was in the woods, I saw something moving behind the thick brush. I thought it was either my friend messing with me (he has a ghillie suit) or a deer. I decided to go in and started walking to my front yard and suddenly an instinct kicked in and told me to BOOK IT so I did. That's about it. Kind of an anti climax I know, but it was a reaaally creepy feeling I had.

I think woods in these positions just have a lot of fear factor, people are home bodies and are afraid of not knowing what's behind the first layers that they can see.

Thwt sounds creepy. The book it feeling is pretty serious though, lol. I had that too even for days after and was even freaking out when I was trying to research it. Probably wasn't even anything there, I'm weird. My sister thinks there's some kind of big foot around there and the park up the street, which I don't believe, but there's other times when those woods spooked me.

When I was small, I used to see monstrous shadows in the wall of my bedroom at night. Most weird part is that they kept rotating between different shapes in a fixed pattern. They were too detailed to be just some random object, plus there weren't anything between the nightligh and the wall to cast a shadow.

When I was younger, my sister and I had a sleepover, so all of us were sleeping out in the living room with old mattresses and blankets. I woke up sometime during the night to see a large black figure standing over us. At first, I thought it was my dad, since he was known to play pranks like that to freak us out. But this figure was far too big to be my dad - I remember it having broad shoulders and being almost as tall as the ceiling. It moved extremely slowly, almost like it was gliding, toward the hallway and disappeared. I think I stared at it for a few moments in shock and fear, then I cuddled up as close as I could to my friend and pulled the blankets over my face. Other experiences have simply been a feeling, like I know someone or something is watching me but I know nothing's there. 

I don't have a good one. Most of them are just nopes. Like you hear sounds when you're all alone in the house. But I do have a spooky trivia.

Did you know..

That there's...

A SKELETON INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW?!

I once woke up and I swear the first thing that fell into my line of sight was a demon's face in front of me.

i screamed and hid under the covers for 3 hours

BONUS ROUND

As a kid I was in bed, with my door open, and I heard someone say my name, as if they were calling me. I ran out to my mom and asked her if she had called me, she said she didn't and I thought nothing of it and went back to bed. So glad I wasn't paranoid back then.

Not "spooky" but I remember being VERY young (before I could even go to school) in the corner of my eyes I would always see blurry figures peeking at me from around the corners. They all had clothes and they were all of different colors. Green shirt, purple pants. Probably my imagination, but idk. I don't think I had or have schizophrenia so I doubt my mind conjured that up. I remember wondering why they were watching me, but never feeling the need to ask someone about them. I specifically remember seeing heaps of them in my "hallway" (it's just a small square room with several doors leading to our bedrooms/a bathroom) while playing in the living room.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

• 7 years later...

I've only heard a couple of stories in my life:

In middle school, I had a church sleepover with the other kids. Our church had two chapels (? the rooms where you attend services), but one I never remembered ever using. The kids told silly stories that you could hear a ghost playing the organ in the unused chapel. Lol.

The other was a neighbor kid of my grandparents' who told me that he had a ghost in his basement.

Lol. Not too scary, I guess, but that's all I've got.

One that *did* scare me but wasn't exactly a ghost story was when I was a child, I had a neighbor that I played outside a lot with. One day we were digging in my yard and we ran into a root of a tree. She told me that it was bones and that we were located over a lost Native American burial site. :O

Edited by Envy

I lived in a reportedly haunted house built on a Native American burial ground as a kid, so I have a few. The first one is the one most personal to me, it was when I came out into the kitchen and saw a shadowy figure resembling a woman standing in the early morning light by the window. My older brother never believed me and at first, I thought it might have been my mother, but when I got older, I found out that my mom actually saw the exact same figure in the kitchen, which freaked her out so much, she got her glock. There was also a time when my family got back from vacation and my dad played a message that was left on the phone from an unknown caller who was laughing in a demonic voice. The last one that I can remember from when I was a kid was a time when my older sister came to my room in the middle of the night, saying something had tried to pull her under the covers, and slept in my bed for the night. Something in her room that always creeped me out too was what looked like the carving of a demon's face in the wall. 

I didn't make any of this up. Seriously, my childhood was pretty warped.

Here’s a legit one my friend told me…

Her grandpa back in the 80s had a dream. It was dark out. He heard knocking on the door so he went towards the door and checked through the peephole to see who it was

Spoiler

It was the grim reaper

Scared, he didn’t open it, but he kept knocking. He continued to ignore it. Eventually the knocking ceased. He looked outside, he was walking away, giving up.

Next morning, he got a call from his sister. His brother just passed away.

It’s as if by ignoring death, he ended up going for his brother instead. I admit I was a bit shaken for a day or two. Having knowledge of this, I wondered what I’d do in his situation. Would I risk just “waking up” or would answering the door kill me IRL too? Oof..,