Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Thoughts and tips for FNAF 4

Misty Rose

So for those of you who have already dived into FNAF 4, what do you think? :D I downloaded the demo yesterday and it's AWESOME!! It changes the formula from the other games where here there are no cameras and you can't see anything outside your room except with a flashlight down the halls. What I love about this game is it gives you chills by letting you only hear what's outside your door without giving you the chance to expect it like with the cameras. All you can do is run to each door and if you hear breathing CLOSE IT! If you shine your light you're dead! You have to do alot of multitasking in order to survive and check every area of your room constantly. Surprisingly once you get the hang of it there are less chances for you to die and it becomes a really fun experience :)

Now once you get to a certain night things really change dramatically. I haven't played the Golden Freddy/Fredbear levels myself since I only have the demo, but just seeing Markiplier play them gives me the feeling they'll be incredibly hard for me to pass ^_^

So some tips for new players so you don't die too much 

• If you only hear footsteps outside your door DON'T CLOSE IT. It's still safe to shine your flashlight, only close it if you hear breathing (really tune your ear for this, it sounds like someone's letting out a big breath onto a microphone, sometimes it's loud sometimes subtle so watch out)

• Don't just check the doors, check the bed behind you and the closet religiously (the closet really once you get towards the end of night 2 or 3 and you see it's opened slightly, that's where Foxy's hiding ;))

• With Foxy don't worry if his face leaps out from the closet door, just shut it for a few seconds and open it to see if he's crept back to being a cute plushie :catface: In later nights you can't wait that long so just come back frequently.

• If you notice the lights are flashing, turn around and look at the bed, even if you just checked make sure you get rid of all the little mini Freddy demons over there so Freddy himself doesn't kill you.

• All I can say for Golden Freddy is from what I've seen, as soon as you see him in the hall, close the door immediately! 

• Also Chica's cupcake may attack you :derp:

Phew so that's just me leaving some wisdom for those of you who haven't played yet. Have fun and don't die! :D

If you have played, what do you think? 

(edited)

FNaF's 4 looks great! It's interesting that the setting for the game is in a child's bedroom. While the past 3 games took place in 3 fictional establishments, this game is set in a place you sleep in every night, so it makes you a bit more scared when you're sleeping in the dark, listening for footsteps and breathing and expecting a nightmare from hell to scream at you and bite you to shreds.

Scott didn't call the animatronics "Nightmare Animatronics" for nothing, they look SO creepy! When I first saw Nightmare Chica and Bonnie's teaser images, I thought "I'd hate to see the jumpscares in this game. I wouldn't want something like THAT screaming up close to me in the dark, I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week".

It's interesting that the gameplay relies more on listening for breathing outside the doors or behind you on the bed instead of constantly looking around the bedroom. You're listening very closely at the quiet, then when you least expect it, AAAAAAHHHHHHH! This makes this game's jumpscares the scariest of all. And I really don't want to play the Funtime with Plushtrap mini games. Just staring at the quiet and dark for 60 seconds, trying to guide Plushtrap to the cross on the floor hoping to not get suddenly screamed at. (Shudders)

The story is quite confusing. I watched all the Atari cutscenes to see how this game's story connects to the other 3 games. All this time, I've been following MattPat's Game Theory, and the timeline he presented in the FNaF's 3 video makes a WHOLE lot of sense, but seeing that Fredbear caused the Bite of '87 instead of the Mangle is quite confusing. Was the party taking place at the FNaF's 2 location? If so, how come they don't mention Fredbear until now? What was the Purple Man doing? Who is the kid we're playing as? Why is his older brother abusing him so cruely? What has he ever done to him and his friends? I really can't wait for MattPat to answer all this for good.

So, yeah really great and terrifing game.

Edited by James A Williams
  • Brohoof 1

FNaF's 4 looks great! It's interesting that the setting for the game is in a child's bedroom. While the past 3 games took place in 3 fictional establishments, this game is set in a place you sleep in every night, so it makes you a bit more scared when you're sleeping in the dark, listening for footsteps and breathing and expecting a nightmare from hell to scream at you and bite you to shreds.

Scott didn't call the animatronics "Nightmare Animatronics" for nothing, they look SO creepy! When I first saw Nightmare Chica and Bonnie's teaser images, I thought "I'd hate to see the jumpscares in this game. I wouldn't want something like THAT screaming up close to me in the dark, I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week".

It's interesting that the gameplay relies more on listening for breathing outside the doors or behind you on the bed instead of constantly looking around the bedroom. You're listening very closely at the quiet, then when you least expect it, AAAAAAHHHHHHH! This makes this game's jumpscares the scariest of all. And I really don't want to play the Funtime with Plushtrap mini games. Just staring at the quiet and dark for 60 seconds, trying to guide Plushtrap to the cross on the floor hoping to not get suddenly screamed at. (Shudders)

The story is quite confusing. I watched all the Atari cutscenes to see how this game's story connects to the other 3 games. All this time, I've been following MattPat's Game Theory, and the timeline he presented in the FNaF's 3 video makes a WHOLE lot of sense, but seeing that Fredbear caused the Bite of '87 instead of the Mangle is quite confusing. Was the party taking place at the FNaF's 2 location? If so, how come they don't mention Fredbear until now? What was the Purple Man doing? Who is the kid we're playing as? Why is his older brother abusing him so cruely? What has he ever done to him and his friends? I really can't wait for MattPat to answer all this for good.

So, yeah really great and terrifing game.

From what many people have been saying, I have to agree with them since it makes the most sense. The incident shown in FNAF 4 was actually not the Bite of '87. Since Fredbear and Golden Bonnie are there along with the others it means it's the first Freddy Fazbear location, not the FNAF 2 locale. There are no toy versions from what I've seen.

Instead many believe this is the incident at a sister location that caused the springlock suits to be recalled as the phone guy said in FNAF 4 (since they're old tapes). It makes sense so it doesn't put the Bite of '87 somewhere else :P

Instead many believe this is the incident at a sister location that caused the springlock suits to be recalled as the phone guy said in FNAF 4 (since they're old tapes).

Don't you mean "tapes from FNaF's 3?" No biggie, just a little nitpick.