Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shows You liked That That Ended Up Being Cancelled

Denim&Venöm

Thundercats 2011 reboot.  When it was still on Cartoon Network I really enjoyed following it and and was disappointed that it was canceled.  It was specifically written for two 26 episode seasons but it was canceled after only one season with a cliff hanger ending.

Another show would have to be Sim Bionic Titan.  It was such a great action cartoon that definitely deserved at least 2 more seasons but sadly like a lot of other action cartoons it was canceled.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah people have said but it can never be said enough!

firefly.jpg

"Damn shame, but if there's one true thing in all the 'verse . . . it's that the candle what burn half as long . . . burns twice as bright."

~Captain Malcolm Reynolds

(Not a true quote but tell me he wouldn't say that!)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

Sonic SatAM. It was cancelled 2 seasons in, and it ended on a cliffhanger. Technically, it was continued as a comic book. The lead producer, Ben Hurst, intended to revive the show, but he died of a heart attack in 2010 before his plans could be put into action. :'(

• Brohoof 3

I've had several shows that I liked that got canceled. One that stands out to me is a cartoon called Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? I'll have to add more when I can remember some other shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZfoml0r8KI

...Ohhh, yeah. I remember this show. It was great, and I think it could've had a FiM-like quality had it continued.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, all my favourites eventually get cancelled, but the ones that went too soon are:

Battlestar Galactica (The real one. Where Starbuck's a dude and Commander Adama gives orders using the Voice of Doom!)

Megas XLR

Space: Above and Beyond

Roar

Covington Cross

I'm sure there's others, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 1

Sonic SatAM.

This. My childhood.  I loved SatAM. It was a good standalone, but it also followed the Archie Comic-arcs pretty much spot-on, and it had the most evil incarnation of Robotnik ever. He was actually evil, not a goofball comedy act his later versions became.

Also, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Much more recent show, but despite a load of shit about how the English version was terrible (though it was a actually mile better) I found it hilarious. Crude humour, yeah, but funny nonetheless. Then 'Bam' Ends on a clear setup with a big cliffhanger for the next season...That never came. 

• Brohoof 1

A lot of Superhero ones tend to get cancelled or pulled. I remember when The Spectacular Spider-Man was a thing on WBKids, and I enjoyed watching that with my friend who was also a Spider-Man fan. We were both totally bummed out when WB got into a conflict with Disney over the rights to the franchise, a conflict that led to the show's untimely cancellation :(

• Brohoof 1

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Perhaps this was one of the greatest shows on TV. Seeing all of those reactions of lives being changed by a community coming together to do something made me smile every single time I watched it. It was hard hearing some of the backstories of the families, but in the end, I enjoyed every single minute of it. 

Sadly, this show was cancelled because it just wasn't making enough to stay on TV. I was very disappointed to hear this. However, the thing that's still ticking me off up to this day is that "The Real Housewives" hasn't been cancelled yet...

I thought I was the only person who like this show haha

Anyway, I know there are more but Futurama of course but also Heroes. Now, I am glad that they cancelled Heroes because that show was getting worse and worse for every episode, but yeah the thread was shows you liked and I liked it the first two seasons

• Brohoof 1

Throwing in another vote for Teen Titans. That was one of my favorite animated series back in the day. Of course I didn't expect it to last forever, but I would have liked to see at least one last full season so that Starfire could get her character arc. Every other main character had one. The show just doesn't feel complete. :/

And let us never speak of that other show. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

Does Drake and Josh and iCarly count?

Both of those had (rather satisfying) endings to their show, rather than being cancelled before their time

The Secret Circle

American Gothic

Teen Titans

Invader Zim

Twisted

Lightning Point

Other than Twisted, all the shows I listed were canceled before I started watching them. American Gothic was canceled before I was even born. There may be others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Wolf Lake was a good supernatural show, with a town inhabited by werewolves, unfortunately it was poised to première on Thursday, September 13, 2001, however real life events, from Tuesday pushed the première a week later, gradually the interest the show waned, which is a real shame, I think this werewolf TV series could have done well. Sonic the Hedgehog was also a great show, it was dark and engaging, completely different from the colourful, childish Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, which would last longer and end after 72 episodes, I really wanted to see the cliffhanger ending on the last episode resolved. Thundercats, the 2011 series, it was very interesting, I really loved the animation, and Snarf was better in this series that the original, I don't know why Cartoon Network cancelled the series, sort of like Megas XLR, which was also cancelled in it's prime, plus, I wanted to see more of the Teen Titans, I wanted to know what the last monster was, and how did Terra come back from her stone fate, which kind of depresses me, given the fact we got Teen Titans Go instead. Finally, there is Mystery Science Theater 3000, it ran for ten seasons, however I think they could have gone further, for there are a plethora of cheesy movies to riff on, I have heard of gossip that Joel Hodgeson is trying to revive the show, nevertheless, we got Rifftrax in its place, still it would be nice to see MST3k back on TV.

• Brohoof 1

I miss the old teen titans. this new version seems like it was designed for someone with a short attention span and i saw one episode and it raised a lot of questions. 

• Brohoof 1