Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There is no police

cider float

Ponyville had some problems. Ponies trashed other pony property, cons like Flim and Flam. Trixie using force to take over Ponyville, Discord's many capers, attack of Cerberus, the parasprite incident, Fluttershy's violent actions, problems that were solved by Rainbow Dash as a hero. Without the mane six how did Ponyville was able to get by but how did it survive this far without any kind of law enforcement before the mane six?

• Brohoof 2

Nothing Bad ever happened in this Town! Until those Mane Six showed up.

Ponyville survived simply because the Mane 6 Have caused all of the Town's problems in the first place. (Other than the events during The Mysterious Mare-Do Well. No clue what was happening then.)

• Brohoof 3

Ponyville had some problems. Ponies trashed other pony property, cons like Flim and Flam. Trixie using force to take over Ponyville, Discord's many capers, attack of Cerberus, the parasprite incident, Fluttershy's violent actions, problems that were solved by Rainbow Dash as a hero. Without the mane six how did Ponyville was able to get by but how did it survive this far without any kind of law enforcement before the mane six?

I'm guessing the Royal Guard handled business, if you go by the headcanon that they're a military/police force, which is quite plausible.

• Brohoof 3

Well, there actually were police ponies in Read it and Weep, they chased Rainbow Dash. Cannot remember if they were police ponies or just security guards, but if I recall they were police. We have not seen any of them any time recently though. No wonder Ponyville has so many troubles.

• Brohoof 4

It doesn't look like the major issues are often, so there's really little need for a police force. It's not like here where multiple crimes occur daily. Any serious events are handled by the Royal Guard, as well as the Mane 6. We have also seen that there is some level of security(that of the security guard in the hospital during 'Read It and Weep'), so Ponyville isn't completely devoid of police.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

A life without Law & Order hmmm. If it isn't the main six then it's a Princess or Great and mystical character saving or keeping order in the land. Life as a Pony doesn't seem too violent and most seem to go about their own business. I see it as medieval in nature where everything is sort of governed and kept in order by the people. The Royal Guard on the other hand I guess police the more developed places of Equestria or just wherever the Princesses go. Speaking of Royal Guard, when does Twilight get her Royal Guard? It would fill a lot of that empty space in that castle of hers.

Edited by Sky Knight
  • Brohoof 2

I have noticed this. It's not too bothersome I guess. I like to think of Ponyville as more of a neighbors taking care of neighbors kind of community. You could also make a solid argument for the Mane 6 being the de facto lawkeepers in Ponyville since the town looks to them in times of crisis

Between villains, diasters, and facing annihilation on a daily basis, I'm surprised that Ponyville has an adequate budget to maintain its infrastructure, much less hire law enforcement.

Well, there actually were police ponies in Read it and Weep, they chased Rainbow Dash. Cannot remember if they were police ponies or just security guards, but if I recall they were police. We have not seen any of them any time recently though. No wonder Ponyville has so many troubles.

Weren't they just the hospital's security guards that ended up following her outside?

Its not too dissimiliar to medieval society though; you get into a peasant village and there wouldn't be a real police force there either, only major towns like what canterlot is.

Besides, they have the mane six there, and I'm sure AJ and RD probably were able to handle most problems that popped up without twilight given their track record, like AJ vs. the chimera or AJ vs. the timberwolves.
Heck, even rarity can shoot lasers pretty well.

Always dislike that about Ponyville and Equestria in general. It's like saying "We never had a fire, so why bother doing fire drills?" 

Or take it even further, like Pleasantville.  "We never had a fire, so what's a fire?"

It cracks me up how everyone is referring to the timeline as pre or post mane 6.  It's like they're an era.  The Age of the Six.  Is that how we should measure time now?  B.6. and A.T. (after Twilight)?

And if's the job of the six to police and guard the land, then I wonder how long it will be before we see a statue of Twilight in Canterlot with the words "False Goddess" scrawled across it.  Twilight vs Somepony Who By All Rights Shouldn't Stand a Chance In Tartarus of Even Fighting Her: Dawn of Justice.  Oh mercy, I crack myself up.

Or take it even further, like Pleasantville.  "We never had a fire, so what's a fire?"

It cracks me up how everyone is referring to the timeline as pre or post mane 6.  It's like they're an era.  The Age of the Six.  Is that how we should measure time now?  B.6. and A.T. (after Twilight)?

And if's the job of the six to police and guard the land, then I wonder how long it will be before we see a statue of Twilight in Canterlot with the words "False Goddess" scrawled across it.  Twilight vs Somepony Who By All Rights Shouldn't Stand a Chance In Tartarus of Even Fighting Her: Dawn of Justice.  Oh mercy, I crack myself up.

Bu-but frank miller wouldn't lie to me!

batman would TOTES win, because planning! PLANNING!

batman-v-superman.jpg

Well it's like living in the same district as the Hall of Justice. The Mane Six are basically the resident superheroes. Hell in "Slice of Life" we finally got to see the regular ponies reaction the Mane Six doing their thing and it's clear they are content with their protectors.

Besides, Ponyville is a small town and hardly a hive of scum and villainy. There have been small towns that had one sheriff to handle the occasional problem and they got along fine.

There is police, for example in Ponyville General Hospital. The fact they're so incompetent they can't even stop a burglary by an invalid mare is a different matter. Of course you can't expect them to put up with any serious threat.