Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Endeavor (Reboot)

Defender of Tomorrow

Ezekiel's ears flicked at the noise and he leapt from his meditative pose into a fighting stance. He nodded at Ellieum's suggestion, unsheathing Khalid, gripping the hilt in his teeth and following.

Ezekiel crept around the crates, looking for any hostiles.

Solar's ears flicked as she heard hoofsteps approaching the room. She turned to face it, seeing two amber blips on the S.A.T.S. The arrival of Elieum and Ezekiel debunked any suspicions of them being the intruder.

She overheard the supposed leader's whispers to her and, turning her head back to the foreign blip on her visor, hovered down closer to the other mare.

"There's somepony, or something in here," She whispered back, pointing in the direction of the blip, "over there, by those crates."

Just in case, she armed her battlesaddle and kept it aimed at the blip.

The sudden collapse of one of the shelves was all I needed to know that there was somepony hiding from us. My other companions seemed to find our pacing not to their liking and came to check on us. They probably heard the loud crash of the crates that rang throughout the halls of the old facility. Solar as she introduced herself brought her weapons to bare and mentioned someponies presence. Probably used the E.F.S on her helmets visor to locate our guests old and new. 

I took a moment to inspect my companions and noticed both of the mares had looks of caution on their faces. The zebra looked the most peculiar as he had his strangely clean sword in his mouth ready to swing at whoever was hidden. They were cautious...good, at least I know they aren't completely brain dead now. The zebra began approaching the dark corner of the room with his sword to bare, I grunted in annoyance when I noticed the many disadvantages he had. I shined my helmet light in his general direction as I began to follow suite with my grenade launcher ready to fire.

If this pony didn't run away by now or was setting up a way for a fight to go in his or her favor I wouldn't know what to think. Caution was truly beneficial but I was confident in our ability to fight as of right now. "Whoever is there come out now or I'l force you out! I ain't exactly keen on wasting ordinance on your sorry ass so save yourself the trouble! If you hadn't figured out by now that we aren't psychotic murder rapist you must be a special kind of stupid." 

The mare stood in place for what seemed like years, her mind filling with possible outcomes to her situation. None of them favorable...

She was obviously outnumbered, and despite being surrounded by guns, her affinity towards them put a damper on that plan. She could run, but they might chase her, or just shoot. If she stood around too long they would end up just shooting anyway.

She sighed heavily. Only one thing left to do...

Alright! Alright...jeez...

Trotting slowly and carefully, the pegasus stepped out from behind the shelves and into view, being careful to not bump into anything this time.

No need to be rude about it.

She stared past her cracked spectacles at the unknown ponies before her. They hadn't shot her yet, so that was a good sign. She just hoped it stayed that way.

Ellieum almost burst out laughing as she saw the pegasus emerge from the corner of the room, were they all seriously on alert because of HER? "I think you can lower your grenade launcher tin can, that mare doesn't even have a weapon" she said in a brash manner, holstering her own weapon and inspecting the mare. She looked relatively healthy, clean and most importantly inexperienced

Causally, she approached the mare, not really caring about any objections her "team" had and could now see her eyes coming into view, she had strangely colored eyes but that didn't bug her, what she was more concerned about was confirming her suspicions that she was a stable dweller. "Don't worry, they're just for looks." she whispered to the mare as she stood before her, giving her a little smile. "Well, she doesn't really have that nasty wasteland smell to her yet, she either was a tenpony resident or a fresh stable dweller" she concluded to herself as she extended a hoof to the mare to shake.

"I'm Ellieum" she said as she held her hoof in the air, she wasn't quite ready to call these ponies her group just yet, and she certainly wasn't going to do the introductions for them, they had only been together for a little over an hour and haven't had any real combat to "prove their loyalty" or at least prove they weren't going to betray each other. That didn't quite matter to her as much as this mare, she was what many would call 'fresh meat', she was the perfect candidate to become he friend as she hadn't been tainted by the wasteland, in other words she was most likely not going to backstab her like any other wastelander would.

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow

Ezekiel laid Khalid gently against one of the crates, approaching the newcomer. He observed that she was like him in some ways. She looked "cleaner" in a word.

"My dearest apologies for giving you such a scare, we would never harm an innocent mare. We are somewhat on edge from what we've been through, if you've seen what we have, you would be too."

Ezekiel bowed his head with a hoof to his chest.

"Ezekiel."

Solar watched as the stranger made themselves known...and let out a long, drawn-out gasp as she recognised something about them.

"Another pegasus?!" She squeaked in delight, immediately disarming her battlesaddle and swooping down to the mare, lifting her helmet's visor up, "Stars almighty, I never thought I'd see another one down here! This is so awesome! I'm Solar Dust, great to meet you, sister!"

She got closer to the mare, most likely uncomfortably so, as she looked her over.

"You don't look familiar...wait, I read about these outfits. Stable dweller, right?"

Edited by Unicorncob

The mare flinched slightly, and took a step back as the unknown group of ponies crowded around her, her disheveled wings instinctively flapping slightly at the mention of her being a pegasus. The glasses she wore, had slid down her muzzle to the tip of her nose and her eyes darted between each of the ponies in turn as they spoke, introducing themselves. At least they were not robbing her, so that was a positive.

U-uh...yeah...h-hello...

She blinked a couple times, and awkwardly reached out a hoof to take Ellieum's, still glancing back and forth to her Zebra and Pegasus companions.

Yeah...I live in a stable. Well...did, I guess. The name is Loose Leaf...though just Leaf is fine.

"Loose Leaf." Ellieum repeated as the mare shook her hoof, the girl didn't seem that harmful, much less the type that would backstab you. "Well by now you can tell that we're not mugging you, killing you, or...you know." she said the last bit more softly, knowing it was a sensitive topic for some. "Anywho, to put it into words, you've just been promoted to lowly radroach raider to member of the diverse group." she said jokingly as she let go of the pegasus's hoof and slowly led her away from the nasty corner she was in. "Before we exchange pleasantries, we should really find a more secure location than this windowed and insecure room." she suggested to the group, well basically ordered as she dragged the new mare with her towards the two office rooms that she held keys to. "So I have keys to two of the office rooms, so their is plenty of privacy for all." she added as she stood before the opened office door, opening it with her magic and stepping inside, hoping that her group would follow inside to be more secure.

• Brohoof 1

Solar watched as Ellieum led the newcomer toward the offices, and she happily followed along, anxious to learn this Loose Leaf's story.

Her wings ruffled with excitement. She never thought she'd find another pegasus down here, at least one that wasn't hunting her down. And she was a stable dweller too!

"I didn't know there were pegasi stables," She commented, following right behind the new mare, "What was it like? Is it like a load of tunnels, like the ones I read about? Was it in the sky? Was it made of clouds?"

Her grin could almost be considered, what some might say, 'uncanny valley' at this point, but it was truly genuine.

Still unsure of the whole situation, but realizing that these ponies didn't mean her harm at this point, Leaf followed the group. Promoted? She didn't even know these ponies...but again being part of a group is probably better than scrounging alone, wondering if you are going to be mugged any second. Not like she had much to take though.

It was an odd group, though the diversity meant that much could be learned, though she was curious about the other Pegasus. Usually they kept to themselves up in the sky, and the only ones she had known were her fellow dwellers. She wasn't aware there were anymore like her on the surface.

Y-yeah there is...was...

Leaf trot along slowly towards the offices where they were apparently going to be staying, her eyes mostly focused on the ground to avoid any eye contact with the others.

I think mine might have been the only one, but I can't be sure. We didn't really have much contact with anypony else...

She kicked at a pile of dirt absentmindedly as she walked by it.

It was...nice, I suppose. I think they tried to make it resemble the real sky, perhaps that was their intent anyway, but you could tell it was artificial. The sounds, the smells...it was all...fake. Still, family and friends made it home. For awhile...

Ellieum sighed as both of the mares had went off on a Pegasai-oriented tangent, and while she wanted to talk to the new mare more she would have to allow this Solar Dust to continue speaking. Her ears perked up at the mention of stables, this was the first time she had heard about pegasus-only stables, if there was one then their had to be more, right? She wasn't going to ask many questions to the mare, the topic of her stable seemed to be a very sensitive one as she seemed to not be pleased with how artificial it felt. 

"Better lock the door" she thought to herself as she levitated the key and directed it towards the keyhole, locking the door from the outside. "Well now we're safe." she thought as she brought the key back and started setting up her sleeping spot.

Ezekiel took the cue from Ellieum and started to get comfortable. Remembering though that he didn't actually finish his meditation, he assumed his lotus position, put his hooves together and began to breathe deeply. This was in plain view of the ponies but he backed up so as to try to not be intrusive.

Solar nodded, listening to every answer Leaf gave as she picked her own spot in the office to settle down.

"No contact with anypony outside your home, huh?" She muttered, letting out a single, bemused chuckle, "Reminds me of back home..."

And like that, while she was settling down in her own cosy-ish corner, a question came to mind.

"Hey, Leaf," She began, albeit a bit carefully, "Have you ever, um...heard of the Enclave?"

Leaf picked a section of the room to herself, not too far from the others, and shrugged her saddlebags off. She set them gently on the floor, to not damage the contents, and sat down on the floor.

Enclave? Can't say that I have.

She pushed her glasses back up to her eyes, peering past the cracked glass at her new companions carefully.

Are you all a part of it or something?

Ellieum hadn't paid much attention to the mares as they went on about Enclave, this was going to be a lengthy night if she didn't have a single idea on what they were. "You could say that none of us are part of it." she said to Leaf, despite whatever Solar was going to say she had known enough dashites to know what happens when you do something unauthorized. 

"We should all get rest, we'll have plenty of time to talk about things when we're on the road tomorrow." she said as she got comfortable in her sleeping bag, she wasn't really in the mood or condition to care much about finding her own office since she had already set up here.

Leaf picked a section of the room to herself, not too far from the others, and shrugged her saddlebags off. She set them gently on the floor, to not damage the contents, and sat down on the floor.

She pushed her glasses back up to her eyes, peering past the cracked glass at her new companions carefully.

Ezekiel opened his eyes from his meditation.

"We all are a part of what's to come, if we don't stand together none will be safe, not one. I shall explain come morn, at the threat which will see what remains of our world torn. Rest now, winged mare, the days to come may just leave us all bare." Ezekiel was not normally one to give such damning sermons, but he had to be clear of just how utterly apocalyptic what was on it's way was.

Solar bit her lip and glanced down at her corner of grimy pre-war tile, softly dragging an armoured hoof across it.

"I was," She admitted quietly, her tone and the look on her face indicating there was something to hide.

She looked over to Ellieum and Ezekiel, heeding their words. She didn't admit it, but she agreed; she should get some rest and, if anypony wished, she would elaborate in the morning. The zebra's words, however, planted a bit of dread inside her.

What exactly was 'to come'?

No point in dwelling on it now, she thought, curling up on the floor, Nopony will know, and the zebra's probably asleep already.

She didn't dare take off her armour, fearing that one of these strangers might attack her in the night for what she was. Or at least, what she looked like, with her dark armour.

• Brohoof 1

Leaf had opened her mouth to speak, but stopped as the rest of the group seemed to nod off for the night. At least she was not alone, for once. That was a nice change. Even if they were strangers.

Sitting in her own little corner, she raised her forehoof to her face, gazing at the device attached to it. The machine hummed gently, the faint green glow from the screen lighting up her face in the dimly lit room.

Not a great haul today...

She thought to herself, scanning her inventory and making note of the couple new additions. Supplies sure were scarce anymore, especially medical supplies. Even her own supply was running dangerously low.

The mare sighed softly and laid down on her side, using her saddlebags as an impromptu pillow. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, but what can you do.

Tomorrow will be better.

Edited by 'Tia Leaf

Of course unless Tomorrow wasn't better.

Ellieum woke up to the sound of crashing metal stands, vulgar language, and really really irritated raiders. "Guys, we have company!" she whispered to her comrades as a pony tried opening the door of the office.

"Hey, this doors locked! Someone get over here and pick-lock it, I bet there's some real good shit in there!" The raider stallion said, but with more vulgar language and the sound of two ponies rushing over could be heard. The sound of bobby pins and a screwdriver turning could also be heard as Ellieum got her weapon loaded with normal rounds, she was firmly planted, facing diagonally from the door, if their lock picking skills prove futile they might just try to buck the door in.

Her horn glowed a faint red as she cast a small defensive ward on herself, in case they got the first shot she certainly didn't want to be full of bullet holes this early in the morning. 

Ezekiel sprang from his meditative sleep, fully alert but a bit unsure of what to do tactics wise. He decided his best position would be behind the door when it opened, so he hugged the wall where the door would swing open obscuring him. He nodded to Ellieum. 

Solar jumped awake upon hearing the crashing and swearing from outside the office. "W-wha...?" She mumbled groggily, blinking one eye after the other.

She quickly pieced things together; her group was inside the office, and there was noise outside the locked door. Crash-y, curse-y, raider-y noise.

She quickly scrambled to her hooves and armed her battle saddle, aiming right for the door and lowering her helmet's visor. An eye closed as she steadied her aim, despite her eyes still rather fuzzy.

Leaf scrambled to her hooves, staggering a bit backwards before leaning against the wall. She was not exactly a morning pony to begin with, and being woken up suddenly surely didn't make her happy.

She blinked a few times, attempting to adjust her eyes to being awake while she knelt down and rummaged through her bags. She didn't exactly carry weapons, as she would probably injure herself more than anypony else with them, but she could at least try to help her new friends.

Blinking again, she looked into her pack where she had some rusty bits of metal, a few empty glass bottles, and jars with various liquids inside. If nothing else, she could throw them as a distraction, give her companions time to use their weapons.

Glancing up at the door and to everypony around it, she nodded weakly, an unsure look on her face.

"Hey I think I just heard a noise." One of the raiders said as they broke the bobby pin. "Hey, who the fuck is in there!? If ya come out peacefully we won't hurt ya!" One of them yelled out, snickering a little. "Probably just some scared mare in there..." Another raider added as they began their locking picking again. After about another two minutes of failed lock picking the raiders grunted, obviously they were inexperienced with the trade and groaned in frustration. "Let's just fucking kick the door down, you two shits obviously don't know what you're doing.." The stallion snickered and started kicking at the door, the weathered door was not liking it as it started to get some major dents and after about two more kicks the door went flying, slamming into the back of the office. 

"Try three Mares!" Ellieum shouted as she fired at the raiders, two of her shots missing and the other four digging into the stallion that was kicking the door, falling him immediately. The raiders seemed to have been prepared for someone being in the office as they returned fire at her, two of the shoots being blocked by the ward and the third digging into her side. Ellieum winced in pain as she felt the wound and quickly pulled to the side, taking cover behind a desk and reloading her weapon. 

Ezekiel crouched low, trying to avoid the enemy as well as friendly fire. Speaking of fire, he knew just how to approach this situation, reaching to his side though, he realized he had left Khalid downstairs. He was fine fighting unarmed but without his sword, he couldn't do much without opening the door and letting them in.