Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Return of Sombra. MLP Movie or Season or Series Finale Idea.

MLPFiMBrony2232

I have just thought up what I feel could be something special. So here's my idea for the plot for either the MLP: FiM movie that's said to happen in 2017 or a season finale or possibly a future series finale. So here's my idea.

If you read the MLP Comics you should know that at the end of FIENDship is Magic King Sombra's is not dead. So let's say Sombra returns and infects Twilight Sparkle with something I've dubbed the 'Shadow gene' which amplifies an alicorn's dark magic. Over time Twilight is eventually corrupted by the Dark Magic and becomes Sombra's Queen. Together they enslave almost all of Equestria. The remaining 5 ponies try there hardest to snap Twilight out of her dark state to no avail. This leads to an epic fight scene between Queen Twilight against Rainbow Dash which is fought in a way that pretty much says "If I have to fight you to save you. Then that's what I'll do". Desperate for somepony to help the Mane 5 find the book that connects to the human world and send a message to Sunset Shimmer about all that's happening in the ponyverse. Sunset decides that she need's to return to the ponyverse in order to free Twilight from her newfound evil and defeat King Sombra.

So, what do you think of this idea? Do you think it's better suited as a full length movie, season finale, or even the series finale? Leave you're comments and suggestions below.

P.S. If you know of any Bronies that have an major influence on the show, could you be so kind as to ask them to check this out? Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I know I just think this idea would translate great on the actual cartoon.

The problem I think is that the 4 part comic arcs are a bit much to do in 2 episodes. It would need to be 3 or more episodes IMO to do such a thing justice.

Plus, Hope's been established as a major part of Sombra's story in the comics, and will feature in the upcoming arc, so that would be hard to do in the show due to being comic exclusive

The problem I think is that the 4 part comic arcs are a bit much to do in 2 episodes. It would need to be 3 or more episodes IMO to do such a thing justice.

Plus, Hope's been established as a major part of Sombra's story in the comics, and will feature in the upcoming arc, so that would be hard to do in the show due to being comic exclusive

Then how about using this plot for the upcoming MLP Movie?

Meghan already planned a plot for the movie and Journal of two Sisters act as a base for the plot. Sombra is now a comic exclusive character. Comics will explore and end his arc because the animated show already gave up on Sombra.

Meghan already planned a plot for the movie and Journal of two Sisters act as a base for the plot. Sombra is now a comic exclusive character. Comics will explore and end his arc because the animated show already gave up on Sombra.

I kind of wonder if we'll have the Movie deal with alicorns and their purpose in the world/where they all went, since the sony e-mails that were leaked indicated the villain would be an alicorn, and the journal talked about other alicorns teaching Celestia and luna in the past

I kind of wonder if we'll have the Movie deal with alicorns and their purpose in the world/where they all went, since the sony e-mails that were leaked indicated the villain would be an alicorn, and the journal talked about other alicorns teaching Celestia and luna in the past

The movie was never put back on a later date than 2017 which mean her script that was leaked is most likely going to be the part of the movie and she doesn't need to write from a scratch. She also tweeted a lot about Starswirl and the book also contain a lot of interactions with him. I think Starswirl and alicorns lead by evil male alicorn may play a big role in this movie. It also gives Meghan an opportunity to write DIscord since he will most likely going to remember Starswirl and also the story is a great way to explore Twilight and her new status as an alicorn princess.

(edited)

The movie was never put back on a later date than 2017 which mean her script that was leaked is most likely going to be the part of the movie and she doesn't need to write from a scratch. She also tweeted a lot about Starswirl and the book also contain a lot of interactions with him. I think Starswirl and alicorns lead by evil male alicorn may play a big role in this movie. It also gives Meghan an opportunity to write DIscord since he will most likely going to remember Starswirl and also the story is a great way to explore Twilight and her new status as an alicorn princess.

True but keep in mind we don't know for sure if Sombra was a alicorn or not because

a. He's never shown without his cape in his physical form

b. Zecora said that the time potion from the season 4 premiere only responds to Alicorn Magic which looks suspiciously enough like Dark Magic.

So maybe there is still a chance for a King Sombra return for the movie.

Edited by MLPFiMBrony2232

I don't think Sombra will ever return in the show, though, a plot for the series finale involving Twi being inwillingly evil would be epic. What's darker than having your leader and main savior to turn towards the dark side? Though, we might have that in Friendship Games 

True but keep in mind we don't know for sure if Sombra was a alicorn or not because

a. He's never shown without his cape in his physical form

b. Zecora said that the time potion from the season 4 premiere only responds to Alicorn Magic which looks suspiciously enough like Dark Magic.

So maybe there is still a chance for a King Sombra return for the movie.

He was shown as a unicorn in IDW comics. They would not allow them to depict him this way if they wanted to portray him as an aliorn in the future. These things are approved by Meghan and show directors.

He was shown as a unicorn in IDW comics. They would not allow them to depict him this way if they wanted to portray him as an aliorn in the future. These things are approved by Meghan and show directors.

That still doesn't explain why Alicorn Magic looks a lot like Dark Magic.

On the note of the movies though, I do wonder if its going to be a giant alicorn fest, given the sony e-mails talking about the importance of alicorns and a villain named cosmos.

Like is JUST the villain going to be an alicorn, or will the entire movie revolve around alicorns and their history as the big thing that it deals with?