Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Finger research, please contribute!

Holiday Agnaktor

35 users have voted

1. 1. How long is your index finger compared to your ring finger?

• They are about the same length.
    • The index finger is definitely shorter.
    • The index finger is longer!
  2. 2. Are you male or female?

• Male!!
    • Female!

Hey everypony!
I was pondering in my bed, and then I started checking random things and then I noticed that my index finger is just as long as my ring finger. I remembered a video from The Game Theorists where relative finger length could tell one how much testosterone one had gotten in the womb. So now I wonder, how many people here have an index finger that's just as long as their ring finger. (That means less testosterone. :3) If I have enough data I'll make a nice graph that I'll post here, and maybe I'll research this as well on reddit, and compare the two! :D

Also, if you check the lengths, keep your arm and hand in a straight line so that your wrist isn't bent. :3 Otherwise it screws up the results. :3

Please help with this research, I'm really curious. :3 Thanks!

EDIT: Someone said they were confused, so here's a picture: http://imgur.com/YXpcE0r

Edited by Midnight Frost
  • Brohoof 1

I also think i remember him saying that if a guys ring finger is smaller then his index then there a chance he will be gay.

Funny thing is that my ring finger is smaller then my index finger and i'm a guy and gay :P

Edited by Code

Most men"s rig finger is bigger and most woman's are shorter.

Yes, that's because of the amount of testosterone people get in the womb. More testosterone means that the index finger will be shorter. :3

I also think i remember him saying that if a guys ring finger is smaller then his index then there a chance he will be gay.

Funny that is as my ring finger is smaller then my index finger and i'm a guy and gay  :P

Yeah, this seems to be a thing. :3

Uuh, my index finger seems longer than my ring finger.

...Bugger, this seems to be a thing as well, I'll add a third option: index > ring finger. :c

Yes, that's because of the amount of testosterone people get in the womb. More testosterone means that the index finger will be shorter. :3

...Bugger, this seems to be a thing as well, I'll add a third option: index > ring finger. :c

It affects the ring finger not the index the ring finger gets bigger with more testosterone the index is unaffected.

I personally think my long fingers are just creepy, although I've been told long fingers can be attractive. Having long fingers for me is like having long spider legs, always runs a shiver down my spine. But then most modeling for finger wear is done by models with long beautiful fingers. I could just be over-thinking this hole thing though, wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by Sky Knight

I personally think my long fingers are just creepy, although I've been told long fingers can be attractive. Having long fingers for me is like having long spider legs, always runs a shiver down my spine. But then most modeling for finger wear is done by models with long beautiful fingers. I could just be over-thinking this hole thing though, wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, I have long fingers as well, and whenever someone mentions them I make them wave, like tapping the table with each finger individually, really fast to try to make them creepy. :3

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to graph this RIGHT NOW. I'm tooooooo excited! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!
DATADATADATADATA.

(sorry, I get excited from data. :3)

I'm trying to come up with a formula that let's me compare groups that have different ratios of male:female, as this is also affected by gender. :3

I think the formula works, but I can't compare until I have results from another source! I'm going to get those now. :3

I made a survey at \r\samplesize so that I'll have a control test. :3

My index finger is a bit longer than my ring finger. I am male.

By the way, I had to google what is the ring finger, I tend to forget the finger's names :P

I've crunched numbers, and got more data from reddit, and I've got results! :3

Here:

MLPForums: 4.5

Reddit: 0.5

If a number is higher than 1, it means there are more people that have longer index fingers, or that the fingers are of roughly the same length than there are people with longer ring fingers.

If a number is lower than 1, it means the opposite.

The ratio of male:female plays a role as well, as females are more likely to have longer index fingers than men.

These are some real results! :3 I'm really happy with this. :3

Funny thing is that my ring finger is smaller then my index finger and i'm a guy and gay :P

Not really :L My ring finger is longer than my index finger and I am gay.......partly.. so yeah c-ccombo breaker!

Personally I think that this whole "if your blah is longer than blah" you are "blah" and you like "blah" is bullshit. It may be true for some people but it certainly doesn't apply for everyone.

Also, I found this quote from the telegraph to be quite funny:

"If your index finger is longer than your ring finger, there is a higher than average chance you will be grumpy, gay, poor and/or ugly, with a short penis. But hey, you will have a much lower than average chance of developing prostate cancer!"

• 6 years later...