Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Females are more balanced

碇 シンジン

Females are balanced emotionally?

Lmao. An unlikely story.

Well, I guess not, but guys tend to be more emotionally detached, so each has their ups and downs. Each gender has a specific role to play in society, as much as we wouldn't like to think, and to rebel against the system.

It's no denial to state that certain individual characteristics can be found in both genders, but general census would beg to differ.

Of course, all is theory in the end, I'm curious about what will occur in the next few decades having people more and more open to this sort of thing. :huh:

In the end, it comes down to the individual, in my opinion.

Yeah the next few decades and these times the things are changing, gender is becoming more of a norm than a deciding factor its good on the other sense but bad in the other depends how you interpret it =)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah the next few decades and these times the things are changing, gender is becoming more of a norm than a deciding factor its good on the other sense but bad in the other depends how you interpret it =)

A deciding factor by whom? The members of the same group in society Id have to say. Or is it? Which is interesting, because the media plays a vastly large role in shaping our views on gender, for both sides. Deciding how and how you shouldn't act by observational learning.

Is it a norm, or are our brains structurally different as to play different roles? Can we all defy the system? Or will that become the new mentality? It's quite interesting to see studies on gender from 60-or so years ago. Males were apparently much more "feminine" and emotionally open than they are now. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Females are balanced emotionally?

Lmao. An unlikely story.

Well, I guess not, but guys tend to be more emotionally detached, so each has their ups and downs. Each gender has a specific role to play in society, as much as we wouldn't like to think, and to rebel against the system.

It's no denial to state that certain individual characteristics can be found in both genders, but general census would beg to differ.

Of course, all is theory in the end, I'm curious about what will occur in the next few decades having people more and more open to this sort of thing. :huh:

In the end, it comes down to the individual, in my opinion.

I think you are right. I often see these types of disscusions where people ask "are men less amture than women" or " are women better with kids" or " are female more balanced than men". What I also see is that many people tend to take for graunted that we have been created long ago and our behaviour has stayed the same all these years. Many people tend to forget that evolution is not just something we read about in history books, It´s an on-going operation. While the evolution of earler mankind was all about survival, our modern evolution is more towards what core values we want to transfer to our next generations. This may sound like a lot of jibberish but my point is that even if you find this answer to a topic like this, you can´t take it for graunted that it has always been like this or that it has to do with our inner biogoligy. That´s why I agree upon your argument that the soceity shape us and that everyone has there place in the soceity.

• Brohoof 2

I think you are right. I often see these types of disscusions where people ask "are men less amture than women" or " are women better with kids" or " are female more balanced than men". What I also see is that many people tend to take for graunted that we have been created long ago and our behaviour has stayed the same all these years. Many people tend to forget that evolution is not just something we read about in history books, It´s an on-going operation. While the evolution of earler mankind was all about survival, our modern evolution is more towards what core values we want to transfer to our next generations. This may sound like a lot of jibberish but my point is that even if you find this answer to a topic like this, you can´t take it for graunted that it has always been like this or that it has to do with our inner biogoligy. That´s why I agree upon your argument that the soceity shape us and that everyone has there place in the soceity.

I would have to absolutely agree. Having a completely different hormone balance and slight structural differences in the brain can have a huge role. Society can only shape so much!

But if you think about it, not much has changed over the last 2000 years with gender norms until just recently! :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I would have to absolutely agree. Having a completely different hormone balance and slight structural differences in the brain can have a huge role. Society can only shape so much!

But if you think about it, not much has changed over the last 2000 years with gender norms until just recently! :wacko:

yeah Why only just now, what caused the sudden change? or was it always there ?  :o

• Brohoof 1

yeah Why only just now, what caused the sudden change? or was it always there ?   :o

I think we have always been able to change ou own evolution, it´s just take time. That´s why we today an big number of different belifes and political stadnpoints, because our evolution is no longer about just surviving of the fittest but it´s about to find the best way of surviving.

• Brohoof 2

yeah Why only just now, what caused the sudden change? or was it always there ?  :o

Hm.. good question! I have no idea! There are many scholars asking the same question, surely! But the ability to communicate almost instantaneously, and the rise of globalisation would play a huge part in the rise and demise of gender influence, And a world where we can freely express our opinions (mostly).

My 2c is Our quest for freedom is never ending! Religion, countries and cultures have split off to find their own ways of life.

But even still, all of this conversation is only covering the tip of Western society! :umad:

because our evolution is no longer about just surviving of the fittest but it´s about to find the best way of surviving.

Well said! Bravo! You deserve a hypothetical cookie! Heck, maybe even a real one! :lol:

• Brohoof 3

To even measure this is difficult let alone define any thing such as whats better or even good, peoples emotional states are established through many factors you'r physical make up and exposure affecting you're physical make up and cognitive side too.

Edited by flutersparkle
  • Brohoof 2

That's sexist to say, it depends on the individual, there are girls who are way more emotionally stable than a lot of men, and vise versa.

But statistically it's men who commit the most crimes and murders, which are pretty irrational and emotionally driven crimes, so sometimes I think women may make it seem like they are 'crazy' to men, but in the end in general men seem to be the actual crazy ones who take it up 10 notches.

Obviously it's up to the individual as I said earlier, every body is different.

• Brohoof 4

Actually, men's physical body is built stronger than a woman's, they naturally have more testosterone than women, which means they are often easier to offend emotionally, they also struggle more with lust. Women are mostly more calm and relaxed, but it's much easier for them to become scared, nervous, and anxious. Men and women kind of balance each other out in this sense.

God did in fact not give the role of priesthood specifically to men, man did. Anyone who is called to ministry can minister and should, whether male or female.

Humans exist across three different realms, if I can say it like that:

The physical realm, which is the body. It feels things like an urge to eat more chocolate than it ought to, sleeping when it should get up etc and lust.

The emotional realm, which is your mind and emotions, AKA the soul. Your soul is in charge of logical reasoning and of course emotions. Emotions are hollow, and often unstable, though they can have a very strong impact on you they are not to be trusted. Say for example you're away from home, at a park or someplace. A policeman runs up to you, all covered in grit, and tells you he is sorry, but your house just burnt down. You panic inside and emotions fly high as you run back to your house, only to find it perfectly in tact. The policeman was lying, but your emotions believed him completely, and they were wrong.

The third and most important realm we are spread across is the Spirit realm. This is the realm in which the actual you exists, your spirit will still be alive and well a million years from now. It is impossible to feel the Spirit realm or detect it with the five senses. It is the part of you where all your goodness is found, if you neglect it, you will suffer. Your spirit's ultimate wish is to do what's right, it will at times clash with your soul, and is at near constant war with your body's self centered desires. Your body and spirit exist in two seperate realms, and are connected to one another with the soul.

Demons are existent in the spirit realm as well, and their main weapon against you is your own emotions. You cannot defeat demons with your body but rather with your strength of will.

• Brohoof 1

The third and most important realm we are spread across is the Spirit realm. This is the realm in which the actual you exists, your spirit will still be alive and well a million years from now. It is impossible to feel the Spirit realm or detect it with the five senses. It is the part of you where all your goodness is found, if you neglect it, you will suffer. Your spirit's ultimate wish is to do what's right, it will at times clash with your soul, and is at near constant war with your body's self centered desires. Your body and spirit exist in two seperate realms, and are connected to one another with the soul.

Demons are existent in the spirit realm as well, and their main weapon against you is your own emotions. You cannot defeat demons with your body but rather with your strength of will.

I´m respecting your relgion and your beliefs, so please dont take this personally but I don´t agree with you. What you just describe was what we call a humans Consciousness, the abillity to be self-aware. This is a part of everybodys (normal) brainfunction. However I´m no doctor or scientist for that matter but I do know a way of proving this by a simple fact, the scentense "what´s right" is always subjective to the peson felling it. (sorry about the font size chaning, I messed it up somehow, will fix it in next post)

Edited by Sonicrainboom97
  • Brohoof 2

I´m respecting your relgion and your beliefs, so please dont take this personally but I don´t agree with you. What you just describe was what we call a humans Consciousness, the abillity to be self-aware. This is a part of everybodys (normal) brainfunction. However I´m no doctor or scientist for that matter but I do know a way of proving this by a simple fact, the scentense "what´s right" is always subjective to the peson felling it. (sorry about the font size chaning, I messed it up somehow, will fix it in next post)

:P  I'm with you for the most part! I do however believe that the right thing to do is objective, the right thing to do remains the right thing to do regardless of what people think or feel is the right thing to do. Humans do have an inner sense of what's right though, we do make mistakes, and sometimes we're just jerks, :yay:  but we do have a sense of what's truely right. It gets fogged up by our emotions though~  :(

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, here we go again. The whole "Women are the unstable ones and all suffer from severe PMS every month, and have crazy pregnancy fluctuations in mood they have have zero control over" comments I wish I could avoid seeing.

First of all, PMS is a condition, not a biological definite. Yes, a lot them go through it, but girls most certainly have different symptoms. The same goes for pregnancy cycles- it differs.

:okiedokielokie:

Here's something a little more realistic:

Due to societal expectations, men tend to feel a greater need to keep emotions in check, because showing such emotion to its true degree is considered weak. Anger perhaps less so. Men tend to be prone to defensive emotions, which can be directly tied to aggression. The emotional difference however that we most see is at a very base primitive level, and not something to generalize. Human beings are more in control than outdated instincts.

Due to societal expectations, women are more welcomed with emotional expression. "More fragile and weaker" behavior tends to be accepted with women. Women tend to be at a base primitive level more empathetic. More women feel comfortable with such expression so it does make sense that a lot of them but most certainly not all take emotional expression to their "advantage" whether or not It's accurate to how emotional they feel or are. It happens, but then again, it shouldn't generalize.

Neither are proven to be or more balanced than another or emotionally in check. All this gender stereotyping does more harm than good by a long-shot. It is a form of unfair and misguided treatment. 

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 3

Back in Ancient Greece it was okay, and a good thing, for men to cry, because it was basically the cultural method of showing that you weren't an emotionless husk of a psychopath that would burn down the city while people were sleeping.

• Brohoof 3

The OP is a little confusing, and I agree with those who said that we shouldn't make those sort of blanket statements.  I definitely believe in equality for the sexes.  One isn't better than the other.

Subjectively, though, sub-jectively, I'm a bit biased because I just love women so much and wish I had been born one.  I also resent being male due to the fact that males seem to be the villians the majority of the time.  Men are the ones that commit rape and sexual abuse and domestic violence.  Some 99% (or something like that) of all violent crimes are commited by men.  Here's an interesting hypothetical scenario; this question has been posed many different ways--suppose you are alone in an unfamiliar city at night.  You have no friends and nowhere to go.  You're walking down a dark street, and you see a group of, let's say, six people coming towards you.  The question is, would you feel more or less safe depending on what type of people they are.  This question has been posed for subjects like religion and race, but forget those for a moment.  Imagine men vs. women.  I imagine that most people would say they would feel more safe if it was women.  I know I would.  I'd be surprised if anyone said they'd feel less safe if it was women.  That doesn't mean women are "better", but just that statistically speaking, you're much less likely to be attacked or physically assaulted by women.  And that...well...that just sucks.  ...you know, that we have to make that distinction, I mean.  The bad people ruin it for everyone.

Here's a scenario that actually happened to me.  I'm a figure skater.  (I promise I'm going somewhere with this.)  Whenever I'd go to the rink for practice, I'd stow my bag and my jacket and my skate guards over on the "player benches", the little box on the opposite side of the ice from where you enter, where the hockey players sit during a game.  During public sessions, people were allowed to step off the ice and sit on those benches if they needed a rest.  I'd have to keep an eye on my gear, and if I saw someone sit anywhere near my stuff, I'd have to check whether they were male or female.  If they were male, I'd have to move my stuff, because almost everytime guys sat there, I'd find my stuff tossed aside and stepped on.  If they were female, I didn't have to worry about a thing.  I'd just look and go, "Oh, they're female, good."  And then I'd just keep skating.  Women never bothered my stuff.  They were careful and respectful.  I still stand by what I said in the first paragraph, and I hate to stereotype, but FOR F*CK'S SAKE!  Sometimes, I swear, I think women are better, and my experience is a good little bit of concrete evidence.

• Brohoof 1

@OP: do you even equality?
jk

anyway

My understanding of it all after watching a tv series on the matter is that men and women do get the same kind of emotions but our brains usually handles them differently. This is something that happens automatically as we grow up to either a masculine man or a feminine woman. Because of how society works, girls usually get in touch with their emotions very often so they can learn how to control them. Boys on the other hand are expected to not listen to emotions and because of this not learn how to manage them either. This is of course not always true. Some people would not consider themselves a masculine man, just like myself. (I cry like every 2nd minute when I watch super happy or sad movies.) The same with women. However, a female doesn't necessarily need to be more of a tomboy to freeze out their emotions. Again, the same goes with men. There are probably some guys who are 110% heterosexual-super-masculine-bodybuilders but still cries when their pet hamster dies. People are just raised in different environments which is one of the causes to why everyone is different. If a woman was raised like a boy among male soldiers during judgement day in the terminator films, she'd probably be able to deal with way more than a guy who has been raised like a girl in a friendly world full of rainbows and unicorns.

lol I don't even know where I'm going with this post anymore but what I'm trying to say is,

The sex/gender doesn't really matter here, what matters is the person's hormone levels as well as how and where they are raised. Since this is different for everyone there isn't really a clear answer to OPs question.

Females have much stronger body, but their spirit can be weaker which makes them very adaptive on changes on enviroment and spiritual challenges but it is easier to build upon that since your body is supporting, getting on the good spirit is much easier than defeating physical obstacles. God has given men the Priesthood so they can defeat the nature of their filthy weak body and become more complete. Females have already that ability built in their structure since their body can defeat the devils that attack them it is essential in teram of reproduction of humans since the body has to be strong to be able to do that.

I'm sorry but this makes me so confused, idk if I am both dumb and stupid or what but this sounds like something a magical priest from a fantasy film would say. Could you please explain what you mean as if I were like.. 10 years old?

• Brohoof 3

No. From what I have experienced, no. It is mostly up to the individual, but I have a teenage sister and there is always so much drama between her and her friends. My mom always says that raising a boy had very little drama in comparison to my sister, but then again, I'm more of a reserved person who obeys rules and standards set forth by my parents, This makes a huge difference, even if my parents aren't that strict ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@OP: do you even equality?

jk

anyway

My understanding of it all after watching a tv series on the matter is that men and women do get the same kind of emotions but our brains usually handles them differently. This is something that happens automatically as we grow up to either a masculine man or a feminine woman. Because of how society works, girls usually get in touch with their emotions very often so they can learn how to control them. Boys on the other hand are expected to not listen to emotions and because of this not learn how to manage them either. This is of course not always true. Some people would not consider themselves a masculine man, just like myself. (I cry like every 2nd minute when I watch super happy or sad movies.) The same with women. However, a female doesn't necessarily need to be more of a tomboy to freeze out their emotions. Again, the same goes with men. There are probably some guys who are 110% heterosexual-super-masculine-bodybuilders but still cries when their pet hamster dies. People are just raised in different environments which is one of the causes to why everyone is different. If a woman was raised like a boy among male soldiers during judgement day in the terminator films, she'd probably be able to deal with way more than a guy who has been raised like a girl in a friendly world full of rainbows and unicorns.

lol I don't even know where I'm going with this post anymore but what I'm trying to say is,

The sex/gender doesn't really matter here, what matters is the person's hormone levels as well as how and where they are raised. Since this is different for everyone there isn't really a clear answer to OPs question.

I'm sorry but this makes me so confused, idk if I am both dumb and stupid or what but this sounds like something a magical priest from a fantasy film would say. Could you please explain what you mean as if I were like.. 10 years old?

I was in struggle when i made that post, and I gave too much soom for my emotion to affect on my action, but it was needed since I needed restore the balance.

What I was talking about is based on my observation and belief that i am building and experimenting with. There isnt really a good way in explaining what i was talking about because, it is based strongly on my belief, and in my observation and because i was in struggle I might have over exaggerated some points there. I also was in stron emotional feeling and  I've gained enough knowledge from the answers in this topic, to see my earlier observations in new light.

This time I am seeing the equal matters and I feel that the struggle that i was talking about is more of a personal question, which basically makes this topic a rant about my own experiences with my body and spirit.

In my opinion, no. I thought about this once, but I realised it was wrong. Male and female, they're not perfect. Females can go through pain, same for males. 

Edited by Simon Teemo
  • Brohoof 1

I was in struggle when i made that post, and I gave too much soom for my emotion to affect on my action, but it was needed since I needed restore the balance.

What I was talking about is based on my observation and belief that i am building and experimenting with. There isnt really a good way in explaining what i was talking about because, it is based strongly on my belief, and in my observation and because i was in struggle I might have over exaggerated some points there. I also was in stron emotional feeling and  I've gained enough knowledge from the answers in this topic, to see my earlier observations in new light.

This time I am seeing the equal matters and I feel that the struggle that i was talking about is more of a personal question, which basically makes this topic a rant about my own experiences with my body and spirit.

1002553_174813792701096_1720187750_n.jpg

that wasn't really the kind of answer I was looking for when I said "explain to me as if I were 10" but I'm assuming that this whole thread was created because you had some experiences where women have been stronger than men

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I think it depends on the individual, some are more balanced than others. To generalize who is more balanced by gender is flawed, and which gender is more balanced is extremely difficult to measure, so I would doubt that females are more balanced than males or vice versa.

You ever hear of that phrase? 

“A woman without her man is nothing.”

Or it can be read as “A woman: Without her, man is nothing.”

As with this discussion, it depends who you ask. Everyone is wired differently. Some women are not emotionally balanced while some men are, and some men are not emotionally balanced while some women are.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 2

I hardly think women are more emotionally balanced than men. Granted, I can’t make an all-encompassing blanket statement that will stick, but each sex has their strengths and their weaknesses by design. One is supposed to compliment the other and add what the other lacks, and vice-versa. I work almost exclusively with women, lots of them, and even though they are really nice, sweet gals, they have emotional foibles that many would consider more eccentric than those of their male counterparts. Insecurity seems to be the biggest problem among them. Men, on the other hand, have emotions governed, or at least persuaded, by other aspects that seem more to me a matter of chemistry than outside influences. Either way, I can’t say that one sex has more stability than the other, just different sensibilities and ways of processing them.

• Brohoof 1

On 2015-08-01 at 4:47 PM, 碇 シンジン said:

Are females more balanced than males on their emotional behaviour control and system of thinging feelings and actions, managing systems and creating structures?

I am obviously a female so I can answer this question.

I am obviously a male so I can answer this question.

Um.... Actually, I have no idea! I feel like it is one of those "take sides" kinda question. Honest answer: It depends, person to person. Has nothing to do with gender.