Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Drawing Contest August 2015

ProjectRKA

I'm pretty excited to see what people did too!  :grin2: My entry should have gone through, so now I join the ranks just waiting and hoping, haha.

• Brohoof 2

I wanted to join but I was a bit late to the party and didn't want to stress to make something in time.

So I'll just join next one instead :)

Can't wait to see what all you guys made! :D

Since I'm running kinda late I gotta ask this about the deadline: is the 6PM EDT on the 16th, or the 15th? 'Cause I don't know if you mean midnight as in the time right after 11:59 PM on the 15th, or the time right after 11:59 PM on the 16th (one's technically right, the other's more practically right).

Since I'm running kinda late I gotta ask this about the deadline: is the 6PM EDT on the 16th, or the 15th? 'Cause I don't know if you mean midnight as in the time right after 11:59 PM on the 15th, or the time right after 11:59 PM on the 16th (one's technically right, the other's more practically right).

Use this clock. It is in GMT +1

When it says midnight on the 16th, times up.

• Brohoof 1

I am looking forward to seeing all the art. Seeing all the art of my ancestors.... I hope you don't draw horns on the helmets, because Vikings did not actually have horns on their helmets :P (nah, you can draw horns if you want :P). 

Good luck everybody :)

Iceland%202010%20896.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I hope you don't draw horns on the helmets, because Vikings did not actually have horns on their helmets :P

Oh noes, my historically accurate Norse pony image has a fatal flaw!

Oh wait.. He's just a unicorn.  :dash:

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so it's the technical midnight then. Dang, gotta get this done >.>

Likewise. I figured I would have WAY more then enough time, but have been taking quite a lot longer then I had originally expected with my piece XD

@@ProjectRKA, will we be able to vote by tomorrow? or will it be a couple days? :ooh:  

You'll be able to vote from the 24th to the 29th. Then we'll have the results posted on the 30th and the new contest on either the 31st or 1st. 

• Brohoof 1

Last chance to submit your art before midnight, guys. So far we've received a lot of amazing pieces. :D

Entry today? I thought it was tomorrow, today is the 15th.

If that's the case it's a good thing I gave myself a buffer day.

Entry today? I thought it was tomorrow, today is the 15th.

If that's the case it's a good thing I gave myself a buffer day.

Well, 16th at 12:00am gmt+1. So yeah, last chance is today. :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, 16th at 12:00am gmt+1. So yeah, last chance is today. :P

Oh ya, derp, I always get confused about time when it relates to midnight or describing it as 12am or om cause it seems backwards. Good thing I'm practically done then, just a few last second touchups to do and I'll be entering in.

but the main post says August 16th at 6pm EDT

EDT is the second listed time so it is subservient to the first listed time and in relationship to the listed date (to which it is also subservient) with the first listed time. Of course parenthetical notation may have made that clear ... but you can't have different deadlines for different timezones. That would give North Americans an extra day. Surely you didn't think that.

EDT is the second listed time so it is subservient to the first listed time and in relationship to the listed date (to which it is also subservient) with the first listed time. Of course parenthetical notation may have made that clear ... but you can't have different deadlines for different timezones. That would give North Americans an extra day. Surely you didn't think that.

Why list it as August 16th at 6pm then if it's "subservient" to GMT +1 midnight (which is two different points of time 24 hours apart) and not just say August 15th at 6pm? I'm not the only person confused by this and I don't live in any of the African countries that observes GMT +1 as a main reference of time, so I was trusting the information on the main post to be correct as August 16th at 6pm. Don't be cryptic about times and dates, just be straight yo.

Edited by Melon Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

Why list it as August 16th at 6pm then if it's "subservient" to GMT +1 midnight (which is two different points of time 24 hours apart) and not just say August 15th at 6pm? I'm not the only person confused by this and I don't live in any of the African countries that observes GMT +1 as a main reference of time, so I was trusting the information on the main post to be correct as August 16th at 6pm. Don't be cryptic about times and dates, just be straight yo.

I think it goes without saying that there was no intention of being cryptic.

That said confusion next time could be reduced by listing one timezone and giving a link to ether a countdown timer or a global clock conversion. Then it takes any math or questions out when there's a link that just shows exactly when that one timezone given is.

I understand why they gave multiple timezones, but it can be confusing sometimes. I had the assumption I had another day, but I prepared for today, which was a lucky call I didn't procrastinate any extra..

• Brohoof 1

I think it goes without saying that there was no intention of being cryptic.

That said confusion next time could be reduced by listing one timezone and giving a link to ether a countdown timer or a global clock conversion. Then it takes any math or questions out when there's a link that just shows exactly when that one timezone given is.

I understand why they gave multiple timezones, but it can be confusing sometimes. I had the assumption I had another day, but I prepared for today, which was a lucky call I didn't procrastinate any extra..

It's fine to list multiple time zones, just list them with the correct date and time. Listing definitive due dates for US paciffic time, US eastern, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia would probably have been enough. It is confusing to say "Here's GMT +1 midnight, go figure out the time for yourself good luck." Without trying to be rude, that's not our "job," that's the event organizer's responsibility to present the information neatly and clearly. It would be great if they honored the time they listed as August 16th 6pm EDT.

I've been working on my piece every day for the past week, and I legitimately planned out my schedule thinking I had an entire 24 hour day to finish it off, but I just learned I only have 2 hours. This is expected something like this would happen, it is the first art contest and there's going to be mistakes and miscommunication. Can't say I'm too thrilled though.

Edited by Melon Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

For this being the first contest it ran really smoothly. There are always issues with deadlines, but as long as you communicate and connect with mods it could have been cleared up a lot easier if people messaged them directly. Basically everyone should have had their stuff turned in the day before just to guarantee your entry would have been counted.

And that being said they might have a little bit of a grace period as long as it isn't too extreme. But that is not a for sure thing. 

I would just do my best to get your drawing finished and turned in. 

Things will only get better from here and the contests will come and go with grace no problem! :D