Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Want a Live Action Equestria Girls?

best poni

I've seen both of the equestria girls movies and loved them! But I've started wondering what it would be like to have a live action equestria girls. Would it be cool? Or would it be dumb? I'm looking forward to hear your feedback!  :squee:  

• Brohoof 2

It would be so weird to seeing them in live action. Their hair would be very hard to do without looking dumb, and their skin color would make them look like aliens.

Edited by Ickery
  • Brohoof 2

Ehhh probably not, would be weird haha part of the reason I love EG so much is because it's animated. And Sunset Shimmer is already attractive as a cartoon, she can stay that way

No, very bad idea.  By being animated Equestria Girls avoids treading into issues of race.  By casting real people we would have to deal with the under-representation of people of color or else have people whining about how their favorite pony isn't white and everything is too PC.

have you seen live action sailor moon and how terrifying it is

assumes fetal position in corner and rocks back and forth D:

• Brohoof 2

It wouldn't be the best idea, but it would also be interesting to see :P

There is live action My Little Pony show just not Equestria Girls yet.

Oh god! I remember seeing a screenshot of that on Google+ D:

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I don't wanna see in hapening. 

First: Art style is a main appeal to the series, live action will take it away

Second: It'll probably dumb down the plot to a teen drama

Third: There was a controversy in one of the live actions musical videos because a girl portraying Rarity was dark skinned  >_>

I wouldn't automatically shoot down the idea of it, but live action movies based off of cartoons have a pretty bad track record, so I certainly wouldn't be excited for such a thing. Especially if it ended up anything like those cringe-inducing live action Equestria Girls adverts. *Shudders*

With a more adult cast, a decent budget and quality writing, it could be something surprisingly good. I just don't see that happening.

• Brohoof 3