Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Project Awoken: A Modern Fantasy (OOC)

Jellal Fernandes

The RP thread: https://mlpforums.com/topic/135488-project-awoken-a-modern-fantasy/

I had this finished when I accidentally deleted it all. It was beautifully detailed, I spent about an hour on it after deciding I needed to stop putting it off, but I'm just going to write the basics. When I reloaded the page for the autosave, it immediately autosaved the blank page instead of loading what I wrote like it said it would... Stupid autosave...

This RP will take place in our world with some slight modifications, such as other races besides humans.

Argonians: A tribal peoples found in Africa, Australia, South America, and select parts of North America. Due to their tough skin, they make excellent warriors.

Elves: These close relatives of humans and dwarves are renowned for their beauty and wisdom. They are found in Europe and North America. Due to their connection with nature, they make for excellent mages.

Khajiit: A nomadic peoples, they can be found in South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, and select parts of North America. They have keen senses, and thus make for great hunters.

Dwarves: These relatives to humans and elves are masters of engineering, although the least magically inclined of all races. They are the strongest and most intelligent of the races, and make for great warriors and gunners. They can be found worldwide, but most live underground.

Humans: The most religious of all races, though they don't excel at anything in particular, they can become good at anything they set their mind to. They can be found worldwide.

Gods and Goddesses:

Good:

God of Justice, Truth, and Kings

Goddess of Nature, Storms, and Stealth

God of Travel, Speed, and Messengers

Goddess of Knowledge, Wisdom, and Magic

God of Strength, Fire, and Smiths

Goddess of Compassion, Beauty, and Community

Evil:

God of Death, War, and Disease

Goddess of Chaos, Destruction, and Dark Magic

God of Misery, Suffering, and Torture

Goddess of Fear, Evil Creatures, and Paranoia

God of Greed, Gluttony, and Pride

Goddess of Rage, Spite, and Rivalry

Combat Skills: Choose 3

Magic

Light Arms (Pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.)

Heavy Arms (Rocket launchers, LMGs, etc.)

Blades

Blunt Weapons

Alt. Ranged (Bows, throwing knives, etc.)

Light Armor

Heavy Armor

Passive Skills:

Intelligence

Wisdom

Charisma

Stealth

Lockpicking

Smithing

Dexterity

Diplomacy

Religion

Woodcutting

Hunting/Fishing

Gathering

May add more passive skills later.

Note: Everyone has unarmed proficiency, at least three spells, and the basic knowledge of firearms and weaponry, though you can't necessarily use them with skill. Everyone can use a single firearm with proficiency, as well as a knife and their 3 spells. You can only have unique spells if you have Magic proficiency, which also allows you 10 spells.

The information I need for your character is their name, their patron god/goddess, their appearance, their race, their skills, their equipment, their spell list, their role, a brief description of their personality, and a short backstory.

My character

Name: Sir Merik

Patron: Justice/Death

Appearance: Dark brown hair, clippered cut/fauxhawk, dark blue eyes, pale skin, heavy circle beard with light stubble elsewhere on face, average height.

Race: Human

Combat Skills:

Light Armor

Magic

Blades

Passive Skills:

Charisma

Dexterity

Religion

Stealth

Intelligence

Equipment:

FMG-9

Changeblade

Light Military Armor

Assassin's Robes

Spells:

Heavenly Body Magic: Meteor

Heavenly Body Magic: Heavenly Palm

Heavenly Body Magic: Grand Chariot

Heavenly Body Magic: Altairis

True Heavenly Body Magic: Sema

Light Enchant

Portal

Eagle Sense

Unique: Changeblade Summon

Unique: Changeblade Transform

Justice: Soul Crush

Death: Dark Pulse

Role: Invoker of Justice and Death

Personality: Two personalities, one lighthearted, rash, and arrogant, the other brutal, merciless, cold, and calculating.

Backstory: Became the Invoker of Justice during a 4 year period of solitude in the Himalayas, eventually became part of Project Awoken, and thus became the Invoker of Death as well.

Story:

You have been tasked with cleaning up the mistakes of the Allied Military Forces. You are an elite taskforce known as the Hunters. Your job is to destroy the failed creations in Project Awoken, a military project to create artificial Invokers (people who can channel the power of a god/goddess through themselves) gone wrong. Do as instructed, or the world is surely doomed.

Rules:

1. Swearing IS allowed, but don't go overboard.

2. What I say goes.

3. Don't take control of other people's characters unless they directly tell you you can.

4. Use good grammar and spelling.

5. Make it easy to understand you by putting your character's dialogue in color, if possible

6. Mention or quote people you are speaking to, if possible.

7. Notify me about a leave of absence.

8. OP characters are allowed to a certain extent due to the enemies we are facing.

Characters:

Sir Merik-Jellal Fernandes

Sparkling Jade-Yoshikupo

Fenril the Great-Illiad Easle

Blitz Ryu-Drago Ryder
Judetal-Reaver

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

guess what, rouge character! https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sparkling-jade-r8629 I could add one of my other ones if you want but for now

Race: Human

appearance: Black hair with a purple highlight, green eyes, tan skin, a green bag on his back

patron: stealth/Greed/speed

skills

light armor

light arms

blades

Passive skills:

Charisma

Stealth

Lockpicking

Dexterity

Gathering

Equipment

dual silenced desert eagles

a machete  

good quality leather armor

a bag of assorted stolen things

Spells:

Vanish (makes him camouflaged)

value sense (like sensing but can see a bunch of good sellable loot, or find things like secret passages) 

sliver tongue (enchants people with his voice to get his way, he does this only when needed and not to harm) 

Role: scout and thief  

Backstory: he was branded as a symbol of stealth and speed to those how looked up to him, he was a symbol of greed to everyone else.  he was discovered by the guards one night after one year of searching for him, some guard had a great idea to say that his skills could be used against there problem and so he was put on the hunters said that if he succeeded he would never have to steal again   

(if I messed something up tell me, this was long)

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is significantly more detailed than I had expected, but here we go.

Fenril the Great ... Person. (Dwarf)

Not very religious but sometimes invokes the favor of the God of Strength, Fire, and Smiths

Appearance: 4'2" with thick brown hair to his shoulders. Well built but still maintains flexibility and dexterity. Pale skin due to time spent underground, and light blue eyes.

Skilled in light and heavy arms, as well as heavy armor.

Trained slightly in magic,

Fireball

Repair

Night Vision

Wisdom, Charisma, Stealth, Smithing, Dexterity.

Equipment, the fun part.

Maplestrike(semi/full automatic rifle) w drum clip (100 rounds NATO ammunition), bi-pod, silencer, and scope.

Ace (semi automatic pistol) 6 shot.

Pick-Hammer (Pickaxe/Sledgehammer combo)

Decent heavy Kevlar armor

Extra ammunition (x200)

Role: Tank / Pack mule (High DPS, High HP, Low Speed, High Carrying capacity)

Was a minor as his ancestors until he dug too deep and unearthed something that never should have been found, a secret military bunker. Which he broke into and raided, then got arrested. After he was released he couldn't go back to being a minor, the excitement of combat awoke something in his soul and he left to adventure with some of the stolen arms he had stashed before being caught. He saw a poster asking for volunteers to, basically, die attempting to defeat science gone wrong. Why not?

Wow, that was more complicated than ever before.

• Brohoof 1

Might as well throw a character or two in this.

Name: Blitz Ryu (Khajit)

Patron:Wisdom/Destruction

Combat skills

Magic

Blades

Alt. ranged

Appearance: Five and a half feet in height with red eyes. His fur is black with grey stripes and he normally wears a strange set of armor.

Passive skills:

Intelligence

Stealth

Hunting

Dexterity

Charisma

Magic

Dragon fire

Plasma ball

Iron defense

Healing pulse

Terra spike

Tempest- basically a strong windstorm

Unique:Aura Sphere

Unique:Beast summon:Dragon

Wisdom: Spiritual plane access

Destruction: Megiddo- launches a miniature sun at one's opponent but takes all of it's casters Magic. Only to be used in dire circumstances.

(I'll give more explanation on Blitz's spells if needed.)

Equipment: dual swords, one of silver and one of black iron, his armor, spells, and a bow with a quiver of arrows.

Backstory: After studying about spirituality on the peak of Mt Fuji, Blitz accessed the spiritual plane for the first time and met with the Goddess of wisdom and God of destruction. Of course, one got stuck in his head as a result. He was never a part of project Awoken, but he did hear of a group going against it and decided to join.

Specialty: DPS and Mage

• Brohoof 1

Name: Judetal (Swims/Lives-And-Breathes [Heavily])

Race: Argonian

Patron: Goddess of Rage, Spite, and Rivalry--Judetal worships her in a similar manner to humans worshiping their gods and even more so, to her fellows' annoyance; she prays to her Goddess before meals, before and after sleeping, and before embarking on any endeavor. She thanks her Goddess after any event, good or bad.

Appearance: Her scales are dark green, with brown edges. She's tall by human standards of females, almost 6 feet. She is very proud of the spikes that run down her spine and tail. She has two ram-like horns on her head, and small spikes along her jawline. Amber eyes. No hair or fur of any kind. She wears a necklace of black and white feathers around her horns that were made in her homeland. Hardly ever seen without tough, heavy armor.

Skilled in: Blunt Weapons, Heavy Arms, Heavy Armor

Passive Skills: Intelligence, Dexterity, Religion, Woodcutting, Hunting/Fishing

Equipment:

M249 machine gun (belt)

War hammer (hanging on belt)

Heavy, very strong steel plate armor (Usually worn)

Casual clothing (Backpack)

Sleeping bag (Above Pack)

Woodcutting Axe (It's a strong pack, okay?)

Candles (Used for both light purposes and worship) (Backpack)

Spell list:

Am working on. :blush: (EDIT: Look below!)

Role: DPS/Tank

Personality: Much like her Patron, Judetal is competitive and quick-to-anger. She is proud, and will personally smash the head in of anyone who insults her or her family. She is loyal, but her loyalty is hard to earn and easy to lose. She is respectful only of those who give her reason to be so, but when she gives someone respect, she treats them with as much care as she treats her quick-tempered Patron, who, she knows, can smite her down with one wrong move. She, strangely, loves her family and homeland, though they have always treated her aloofly because of her differences; her human-like worship of her Goddess, her fury, and her strange bloodthirstiness. She will always charge into battle if there's room for it, as she enjoys the feel and excitement of combat, though she doesn't enjoy the process of killing a foe--mostly because she will never fight that same battle again. She will never back down from a challenge.

Judetal is bored easily, and active often. She is unable to sit still very long unless absolutely necessary. She is curious, often getting her into trouble, and intelligent, despite often acting otherwise. Her combination of begin headstrong, curious, and intelligent enough to process her surroundings have always been an irritation to those around her. Because of this, she likes solitude, and enjoys exploring strange places. However, she doesn't like shortcuts, and because of the traditional ways of her family, has almost never been in a car or air vehicle before.

Backstory: Judetal lived in wetlands near the Amazon forest with her family until she was about fifteen years old. Her family had been recently discovered by the modern world and brought into the gist of things only a generation previously. They accepted this fate graciously and continued what they had always been doing--farming, working hard, ignoring the world around them and any prejudice against Argonians (*). Judetal, however, wasn't fond of staying in one place, and would often go to the closest towns (many kilometers away) on foot to explore. On one such trip, she met much more in-tuned people with the world around them, aged twelve, like her. They teased her differences, and she was uncertain as to how to respond--with anger, or not. It was then that her Patron appeared to her for the first time, and she responded with violence. Despite getting in huge trouble with her calm parents, eager to please their new-found world, and the parents of the boys and girls she found, she was always grateful to the Goddess. A year later, the Goddess gave her encouragement again after a jaguar ate some of her family's livestock. She pursued the fast predator with nothing but her family's woodchopping axe and killed it.

After this, Judetal became arrogant and eager for combat. She trained herself nonstop besides sleeping, eating, and helping her family with chores. She had several siblings and thus never worried about the state of her family when she finally left them at fifteen years old, to move to more exciting places--namely, the modern utopia she had heard of called the United States. She traveled for the next year, hunting, doing odd jobs, fending for herself, hitching rides where she could. She even captured a criminal or two, and was known as a rogue bounty hunter of sorts by the time she finally made it to a port, stowed away on a boat, and made it to the U.S.

Naturally, she didn't get to spend very much time there before she was discovered as an illegal immigrant living in the streets and doing odd jobs where possible and she was almost sent back. Then, she finally truly connected to her Goddess and almost killed several of the policemen sent to capture her. She was arrested, but broke out of the bares with her horns. A true curiosity now, she was taken in, spoken to, and considered for some time. She was dangerous, but could be an asset. However, before any officials could take action, she got bored and left.

She traveled up until the present, hunting, learning new techniques--like how to avoid being shot at by nervous hunters. It was in this time that she found a liking for machine guns and trained herself in the use of them from a retired veteran of war. At last, she found something interesting to occupy her time--some strange scientific experiment gone awry, looking for recruits. She signed herself up, not bothering to hide anything from her application, and was accepted because of her combat prowess. She is now waiting to meet her team for the mission.

Notes: Made up the name. Sorry if it conflicts with canon names in Elder Scrolls. *Assuming there is similar prejudice to Argonians, as there is in a lot of Tamriel. Also, tell me if I messed anything up that might conflict with the plot. I admit, I got a little crazy.

EDIT: So, wasn't sure whether we were working straight off a DnD spell list or not. So, I kinda made things up.

Minor Earth Manipulation: Can move the earth with pure magic up to the level of lifting small boulders with pure magic.

Earth Armor: Can attach earth to herself to increase her armor's durability and effectiveness.

Create Water: Not exactly creating water, Judetal can raise water from the depths of the earth or liquidize the air to make water appear. Not a fighting ability.

So, not sure if any of these are OP are not, not sure if you want them to be DnD... but yeah. There you go!

Edited by Reaver
  • Brohoof 1

(I just thought of a good character that I haven't used before!)

Name: Bright shine (I'm think I'm going to turn her into another OC)

Race: Elf

Patron: Beauty/Knowledge/Dark magic

Appearance: has long blond hair, green eyes, is very tall, jewelry all around her body including bracelets, anklets, and a necklace that has a ruby in the center

Combat skills: Magic, light armor, Alt. ranged

Passive skills: Intelligence, Wisdom, Smithing, Dexterity, Religion

Equipment:

magic protection jewelry

messy elegant cloths (kind of like a more movable dress)

a crossbow

a bunch of knifes

a very specific knife for sacrifices

a staff she normally carries all the time

Spell list:

Dark blast (like an arcane bolt but the color is black and does a little more damage)

Dark healing (again like healing but black)

Bone defense (takes hits for how ever has it, 3 bones)

rumble (makes the ground shake)

Inferno (fire shots from the ground)

minions (skeletons, do I need to say more)

tangle (keeps target stationary)

Strike down (makes the enemy fall)

Unique: Dark thoughts (makes others think of doing bad things, you can guess but I don't want to say it)

Unique: Crush Soul (needs to be very focused and have a still target but on completion she gains more power)

Personality: she uses a fake niceness on strangers, when she likes someone though she actually is nice not like her fake smile she gives to strangers. when she is angry she does not show it but plans many things in her head. when fighting she loses her smile which means she means business. likes the dark arts more than normal magic but will use some normal magic at times (mostly for destruction). loves the good of dark magic and uses her power to normally sacrifice anyone she sees should do it. has always had a soft spot for animals, even evil ones. she loves good attention, others not so much.

Background: she was always very privileged and went to a magic school at a young age and finished making her knowledgeable but she started to purse other arts of magic. she was with a small cult group for a while but she soon left seeing some of the things they did as unwanted by the gods, they were later arrested for there ways. she was by her self and needed money so she took up making jewelry like the ones her mom always wore. the jewelry she wears on her are enchanted with the souls of the evil, the one in her ruby was her father, she did not mean to kill him but he got to close to the truth but the jewelry got her popularity and that was a bad thing because a reporter found her out one day. she was pulled into the group with Jade and was put on high watch so that she wouldn't do anything evil.

Edited by Yoshikupo

@@Yoshikupo,

I apologize, I should have mentioned this in the OP, but I would only like one OC per person, as having more than one could make things a bit complicated to start. Also, you're second one seems highly OP, I know I said I would allow OP characters, but her abilities seem ridiculous, and she seems to dark to be on the side of the "good" guys. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...