Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do your siblings think of your brony-hood?

MatrixChicken

What do your siblings (brothers, sister, in-laws, stuff like that) think of your brony/pegasister-ness? Are they freaked out? Are they bronies/pegesisters along with you? Do they just think you're crazy?

Mine kinda just think it's weird, and are annoyed when I talk ponies. (I only have sisters :P)

Hehe. My siblings ARE bronies! Or at least once were.... My sister has lost most of her interest.

But you guys might know my brother, Hayze. I'm sure you folks have seen him around.

• Brohoof 1

Mah 7 year old brother knows, and he doesn't say much about it. At first I though he had forgotten about it, but during mah Punta Cana trip, he was flipping through the channels before he found MLP:FiM in Spanish (Fluttershy's voice actually isn't annoying anymore (To me) in Spanish :)), and then he ran into the hotel living room, shouting "Kevin! Ponies in Spanish!!". I said "Shhhhh-shhhhh-shhh!! You know I don't like anyone else hearing about it!", but of course I then said ".. :ph34r: ...Ponies in Spanish? That must be pretty cool :D"

Only my mom and cousin know. My mom just thinks it's cute, so I'm not going to tell her about FO:E/Cupcakes etc. As for my cousin, I've turned him into a light brony, he's not that interested and I don't want to force it on him anymore.

I'm waiting for that eventual day when a friend sees that all my Youtube videos in recommended are ponies.

The elder of my younger two sisters knows of it. Given that we tend to do our own thing and not scrutinize one another for our varying interests, she doesn't mind it too much. She's inquired as to the whole fandom but - alas! - that's about it. Ponies aren't an immensely intrinsic part of my day-to-day dealings so it's not as though she's inundated with opportunities to say much about the whole thing.

My sister is aware of it. Very much so. Her boyfriend also likes the ponies. She doesn't really care, and admires the appearance of the ponies. In fact, I ponified her once and she quite enjoyed the drawing.

My only sibling is my older sister, and unfortunately she knows of my brony-hood. She really thinks there's something wrong with me, and she seems to cringe whenever I bring it up. To me it's a little ironic seeing as she still plays neopets but thinks MLP is childish.

My sister already goes around trying to convince people that I'm a stupid loser who wears a layer of makeup each day and does a variety of very disturbing things I won't say here; she simply hates me. Of which I do nothing or am nothing like. I'm pretty sure if she knew I liked ponies that would be just one more thing added to the list, even though it is far from a bad thing.

Edited by Ashbad

(edited)

My sister already goes around trying to convince people that I'm a stupid loser who wears a layer of makeup each day and does a variety of very disturbing things I won't say here; she simply hates me. Of which I do nothing or am nothing like. I'm pretty sure if she knew I liked ponies that would be just one more thing added to the list, even though it is far from a bad thing.

Thanks for replying and all, but please, I don't like offensive language, so would you mind removing it from that post? It would make me very happy... Edited by MatrixChicken

I'm sure my older brother and sister know since I posted a Facebook status with a link to Smile Smile Smile and then had a debate with one of my friends trying to convert him in the comments for that post and have seen my Derpy satchel at a family gathering, but they haven't said anything. So I think I'm good then.

Thanks for replying and all, but please, I don't like offensive language, so would you mind removing it from that post? It would make me very happy...

Quite gladly, feel free to also add the extra stars to the quote. ;)

Well, my brother is actually coming to visit in a few days, and I'll get him to watch an episode. As of now, he teases me a bit, but he's moved out, so it doesn't affect me much. And I've gotten my mom to watch all the episodes, and my dad is finally warming up to the show.

Thank you. :)

No problem at all, thanks for catching that. I rarely slip with using cussing on forums, even when quoting what someone else says about me, but the topic itself made me think about how she acts and got me into a slightly pissy mood at time of posting :P

I have 3 younger siblings - the youngest is 18. When they first found out that I watched the show and that I wasn't joking about it, they were completely and totally horrified beyond what words could ever express. Then I showed the Applebuck season (I'm the oldest by a few years, so I have some minor powers of persuasion). My sister immediately loved the show. My brothers kept poker faces throughout the episode. Of course, the next day I found out that both of them had watched straight through the first season.

Oh wow... Yeah... She sounds like a real winner in life. NOT! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

That's just totally lame.... I have to ask. Is she your older or younger sister?

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 2

Oh wow... Yeah... She sounds like a real winner in life. NOT! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

That's just totally lame.... I have to ask. Is she your older or younger sister?

She's actually younger than me by a bit more than a year, she's almost 15. And yes, she is totally lame; I wouldn't have to make up lies to deal the same damage to her reputation that she deals to me through direct lies. Yet, I still haven't for some reason... maybe because I know that'll start a thermonuclear blast of lies about me getting spread around :P

She's one person I could never see liking ponies. Never.

• Brohoof 1