Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Automatically adjusting avatars to suit the size limitation

Akemi Homura

I suggest implementing a feature that automatically adjusts the size of an uploaded avatar to its limit (150x150 pixels, I think it was). That way the user won't have to constantly flip back and forth between their Paint tab to adjust it themselves when the forum software can do it for them in a jiffy.

• Brohoof 2

I suggest implementing a feature that automatically adjusts the size of an uploaded avatar to its limit (150x150 pixels, I think it was). That way the user won't have to constantly flip back and forth between their Paint tab to adjust it themselves when the forum software can do it for them in a jiffy.

The forum does that already, for example the avatar I'm using now is this its dimensions are 360x366px

post-28950-0-85659300-1438578359.jpg

the thing is that the forum software doesn't automatically resize the photos if they exceed the filesize limit which is 100kb for normal users and 150kb  for  donors I think.

• Brohoof 7

,ooBrony got it right. As long as the image size is less than 150kb(for Donors/Suscribers, like you) or 100kb(for normal users), the forums will instantly resize it to the most appropiate dimensions, with the final dimensions depending of the original picture's ones.

The forum does that already, for example the avatar I'm using now is this its dimensions are 360x366px

attachicon.gif ryturi.jpg

the thing is that the forum software doesn't automatically resize the photos if they exceed the filesize limit which is 100kb for normal users and 150kb  for  donors I think.

Also, judging about your brohoof to his posts, I am assuming that you got the answers that you needed, so that's a green light to go locking this topic. Have a nice day. sig-3888922.emoticon-0157-sun.gif

Edited by Lightwing
Small typos caused by autocorrect.
  • Brohoof 1