Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Cadance and Shining Armor having a foal a bad thing?

ManaMinori

• 1 month later...

I don't know.  I think they need more development first.  I guess I can tolerate it, but to be perfectly honest, it kind of annoys me when any character has kids on a sitcom or similar show, just because it always happens.  Everybody always has kids.  It's annoying.  Can't one couple decide to not have kids?  Just once?  Please?

Tell you what, I'll be 100% on board if they have a graphic scene depicting Cadance giving birth.  HEY, they did it in Black Beauty, and that was a freaking kids movie.  Seriously!  Go watch it.  The opening scene is the birth of the title character.  They show everything.  They don't mess around, either.  I mean, they put the camera right in there!  I mean like RIGHT in there!  Like, holy crap, dude.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not against the idea per se, but I'm annoyed that Hasbro executives decided they need to shoehorn Skyla into the show.

I'm particularly wary of the execution. If the whole episode is about Pinkie Pie trying to keep the secret, then in the last 5 minutes she reveals it, and they rush to the hospital and are presented the baby, I'm going to scream, seriously.

I swear if the make the foal a ALICORN! i'm just ugh nothing i cna do but still pissed off if tha happens.

As for he two yeah they relaly need more develpment. Why does Shining cry at weddings?(probably cause you can have a brave and well writne male in mlp NOPE!)

The reason they haven't introduced Skyla yet (or if they even do at all) is probably because it would break the alicorn mythos which may or may not be something the producers want to explore later and in a different direction.

After all, If Cadence suddenly has a foal, the producers would then have to go out of their way to explain why Celestia and Luna haven't any any in over 1000 years or out of nowhere find out they do have kids and that they are anyone of the various background ponies all along XD

Because no one wants to date them..either that or they just can't have them.

I'm surprised and not surprised that people are angry at this. Not surprised because introducing a baby into a show is walking on eggshells. Fairly Oddparents didn't get away with this without practically sacrificing its quality. Surprised because I thought people wanted Shining Armor and Cadance to get development. This seems like a way to to that. And besides, it's not like the baby will be added to the main cast. At most, it will get its own episode or two.

Nope, it's not. I actually think it'll be really adorable. I love seeing characters have children.

But in the end I guess it's up to what Hasbro wants to do. Regardless of their choice though, bronies will ALWAYS find something to cry or complain about, so nothing is that much of a surprise ^^

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised and not surprised that people are angry at this. Not surprised because introducing a baby into a show is walking on eggshells. Fairly Oddparents didn't get away with this without practically sacrificing its quality. Surprised because I thought people wanted Shining Armor and Cadance to get development. This seems like a way to to that. And besides, it's not like the baby will be added to the main cast. At most, it will get its own episode or two.

they shouldn't need a prop to get their own development. That's my beef with the baby issue. It's a prop, nothing more. And using it as as means to develop characters, in spie of the mane 7 they could have Shining and Cadance interact with, more than they have (oh, and let's not forget Twilight and Shining's parents, and the Princess sisters and Prince Blueblood, now that they're also all related by marriage and adoption certificates, because Cadance)

There's plenty of ponies they need to interact with to get that development. No baby necessary

• 2 weeks later...

May god have mercy with us if the foal doesn't have some similarities with shining...or worse, if it looks like King SOMBRA. :blink:

Like that could ever happen, it's a kid's show. For shame, Commissar.

Edited by Bored2death
  • Brohoof 1

Because no one wants to date them..either that or they just can't have them.

Exactly. And the producers would then have to explain why that is. If Cadence can have a baby and be an alicorn, Some kids might ask why Celestia or Luna can't have them. XD

Also. Who the hell would NOT want to date them. Luna can shapeshift into anypony she likes, she could be dating some unsuspecting pony as we speak.... 

Edited by Malinter

The show would be better off with Cadance and Shining Armor not having a foal.  However, the summary for "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows" from the MLP Wiki strongly suggests that they will.  What other secret could be significant enough for a whole episode (while still being appropriate for the target audience)?  Also, Hasbro would make millions selling the toy version of her :P

It is neither good nor bad; it all depends on execution. Personally I would be interested in seeing how they could pull it off as the Crystal Empire especially needs an heir. :)

• Brohoof 1