Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Notifications not going away

Knight Hadron

When I get a new notification, a little number appears in the top left corner of the notification icon. This number should go away once I click on the icon and see the notifications. However, when someone brohoofs one of my posts, about once in two dozen times, when I click the icon to view the unread notifications, and then go on to whatever I am doing next, the number will come back after a second saying that I have an unread notification, the same notification I viewed earlier. Why?

• Brohoof 2

If you open the the notifications, and continue work on that same page and new notification appears, to see the new notification  you'd need to refresh the page. Otherweise you are presented with that earlier notification you saw and the number appears after a while back again.

It is why I usually work on multiple tabs because I keep one tab always on index and refresh that after I checked the notifs and opened them in new tab

• Brohoof 2

@Knight Hadron, are you using the mobile skin?

No, I am not.

If you open the the notifications, and continue work on that same page and new notification appears, to see the new notification  you'd need to refresh the page. Otherweise you are presented with that earlier notification you saw and the number appears after a while back again.

It is why I usually work on multiple tabs because I keep one tab always on index and refresh that after I checked the notifs and opened them in new tab

I don't understand, sorry. Open the notifications means open the notification pop-up, or go to the notifications page? Same page means....?

• Brohoof 1

No, I am not.

I don't understand, sorry. Open the notifications means open the notification pop-up, or go to the notifications page? Same page means....?

What I mean is that when you see the notification pop up

post-28950-0-98742000-1438628213.png

You press it  and see the stuff there

post-28950-0-83430800-1438628441_thumb.jpg

then you continue doing what you were doing on that page  not navigating away and You wont  be able to see new notifications on that tab because every time you click the notification button again you will see the same notifications that you saw on the first time until you refresh the page or navigate away.

• Brohoof 1

@Knight Hadron, testing a suspicion I have. I just brohoofed your initial post. You should have gotten a notification, clear it and tell me when you have.

Done. By the way, the problem continues after I refresh the page. However, not every notification will cause the problem. Yours didn't cause any problems.

• Brohoof 1

When I get a new notification, a little number appears in the top left corner of the notification icon. This number should go away once I click on the icon and see the notifications. However, when someone brohoofs one of my posts, about once in two dozen times, when I click the icon to view the unread notifications, and then go on to whatever I am doing next, the number will come back after a second saying that I have an unread notification, the same notification I viewed earlier. Why?

This is just a hunch but it has happened to me before, when someone brohoofs your post you get the notification and then they unbrohoof it and then brohoof it back again, sometimes when I'm on mobile or my mouse does some clicking I can accidentally unbrohoof the post I brohooved and then I brohoof it again

This causes the "same" notification appear twice Not sure if this is what you're experiencing though

Done. By the way, the problem continues after I refresh the page. However, not every notification will cause the problem. Yours didn't cause any problems.

How about now?

• Brohoof 2

@@Knight Hadron, confirmating if this issue appeared again during this period of time or your notifications now behave like they should.

• Brohoof 1

@@Knight Hadron, confirmating if this issue appeared again during this period of time or your notifications now behave like they should.

I have not had this issue since this post:

How about now?

I do not know why, as I have not changed my browser or the way I browse MLPForums.

• Brohoof 2

As the user confirmed, this issue hasn't appeared again for the rest of the time. I will go locking this thread for now, but should the problem appear again @Knight Hadron, you should make another topic. Thank you, and I wish you a good day. sig-4001809.sig-3888922.emoticon-0157-su

• Brohoof 2