Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Possible Reboots of Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible to follow Ducktales

Nuke87654

According to this, not only will Duck Tales will be in CGI animated, but there's a possibility that two other well beloved disney cartoons in Darkwing Duck  and Kim Possible.

Personally, while I'm pleased to hear this possible news, however at the same time, I'm worried how they're going to treat these reboots as:

1. Duck Tales: easily a top ten cartoon for me as it was Duck Tales that first jumpstarted the renaissance the cartoons in the 90's had despite being a late 80's show. It was really one of the first cartoons in the 80's to break out of the whole 'use cartoons to advertise toy products and little else' that plagued alot of the cartoons in the 80's by being a quality cartoon.

2. Darkwing Duck: An underrated cartoon that was one of the better spinoffs from Duck Tales. Sibsy loves this cartoon.

3. Kim Possible: Considered one of the few good disney cartoons in 2000's and many considered the best of the bunch till Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls showed up. MLP analyst Ilovekimpossiblealot loves this cartoon.

Thus when doing a reboot, it risks making these shows worse than what the originals are and it could damage these lofty opinions that were garnered for their effort and work. Look at Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go as an example of how a reboot can ruin a classic.

On the other hand, seeing how serious Disney wants to cash in on the huge success of cartoons this decade is a good thing and I hope it can continue that trend in the 2020's in a good manner.

Edited by Nuke87654

I still need to watch Kim Possible :P

A new Darkwing Duck would be amazing

The first 3 seasons are good, but the final 4th season does lose it's luster.

I hope it turns out well just so we can see Sibsy being a fangirl.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want a reboot of Kim Possible. I want a direct linear continuation taking place as Kim and Ron go to college. It isn't too late. I bet the voice actors and writers would love to start up again!  

Aye, if that is in the cards. A direct sequel series would also work well for me.

Ok what they need to do to Kim Possible is put her into this universe; come on she already sort of was if you think about it 

Considering how Disney now owns Marvel, it's merely a matter if they want too :)

I wouldn't mind seeing reboots of all these shows as long as they're done right and they have the same VAs unlike the new Powerpuff Girls reboot.

They did mentioned that they won't bring any of the VA's from the original Duck Tales back. To be fair to them, Duck tales is approaching thirty years and of course the va's are alot older, including Alan Young (whose 95 years old) Scrooge's va and June Foray (she's 97 years old) Magica De Spell's va. They were very fortunate that the majority of the va's were alive and more than happy to reprise their roles for one last time in Ducktales Remastered. Three unfortunately died before hand.

• 6 months later...

I actually think a comic book is a better idea for this kind of reboot. With that, the potential for it feeling like the original show is better, at least, that is how I see it. Kim Possible, if it gets a reboot, I really don't know how that will stack up at all. I get this feeling that it would be inferior but that is just a guess. 

• Brohoof 2

Guess I'm a bit late to the party, as I'm a slight bit young to remember Darkwing Duck and DuckTales, and I'm not too big a fan of Kim Possible. Get back to me when they give Recess a reboot.  ;)

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

Guess I'm a bit late to the party, as I'm a slight bit young to remember Darkwing Duck and DuckTales, and I'm not too big a fan of Kim Possible. Get back to me when they give Recess a reboot.  ;)

Need to hear a crash course on it?

Not really, I can watch a few episodes when I get the time. Also, anyone who's seen The Nostalgia Critic knows about the DuckTales theme song.

Understood, I'm doing a review on Ducktales Remastered right now. It's why I'm curious.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...