Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Friendship Games be the end for Equestria Girls?

SaburoDaimando

Wikipedia says: "...the film is slated for a television network premiere on Discovery Family on September 26, 2015."

Yay! :D Now I know when it airs and I don't have to (sarcasm) go through so much effort to look it up! xD :P:lol:
  • Brohoof 1

Can't be sure, for example back in the 2000s there was a very popular toyline known as bionicle, after it's first two years lego contracted miramax to make three films, but despite it's continues popularity after the third movie came out no fourth movie was created until years later, this time by a different studio (and when the toyline was losing it's popularity). Plus there's also the issue of the theatrical film, this film has an entirely new studio on it's back so there may be more pressures to focus on that movie thus potentially taking away from the possibility of an EG4. 

Pretty much agreeing with everyone else here. It will keep going as long as they can keep building their swimming pools filled with cash.

5a0b8e9b6568ae3a07fcff92f4deb4a7555b3e3b

• Brohoof 1

Yeah i can see it being a TV show in a sence, i mean it solid cast and such there. AS long as it not another 'disney' like show..yes i'm saying dinsey sliceo of life shows are bad (well a selct few that have been good and NOT live action..ugh)
Anyway yeah, hasbro gets money > more movies or tv show.

i just hope FIM keeps up the quality even if the fandom is kind of stagnating

I was hoping Friendship Games would be the last movie. I mean, there really isn't all that much more you can do with the Equestria Girls universe besides bringing in characters like Discord, Shining and Cadance etc.

• Brohoof 1

Once their profits start dropping they will probably make an EG spin off series or something.

MLP is Hasbro's flagship franchise so far.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'd be more interested in an animated series, though I'd rather have the general concept by more like Scooby Doo with "the gang" solving various mysteries and intercepting magical and supernatural phenomena with the whole school setting more on the side than anything.

I don't think it will end. However, I wonder whether it makes more sense make a spin-off series rather than continue to create a series of movies numbered indefinitely.