Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Do you still listen to the radio?

Mesme Rize

Are there still people on here, that still listen to the radio from time to time?

I feel that most Radiostations just suck, when it comes to the music that they play. It's too much mainstream stuff and it's just played over and over again.

But there are still some Radiostations out there, that play stuff that i like and that i can listen to, while i do work, do RP's, etc.

I for example (this is me doing some commercial BTW) like to listen to Real Radio XS. A Radio Station from Manchester England, that plays Rock 24/7, be it newer stuff, or the old classics.

http://www.realradioxs.co.uk/radio/player/

They also sometimes do interviews, do events and do giveaways. These are the kinds of people, that i want to listen on the Radio.

So, what do you think? Do you still listen to the Radio? Do you have your own favorite stations?

• Brohoof 1

On my own, usually when internet is down, and usually flick between stations, though we do have a main one. In a car on a trip with mates however, is an entirely different story. You can't have a road trip with radio, or someone with enough songs on their ipod that you won't get 2 of the same song during the trip when you put it on shuffle

Edited by Mothra

I will rarely listen to talk radio. For music, plugging in my Iphone is a better option as I don't have to deal with ads. Works nicely for podcasts too. 

Just doesn't seem like there's a point to regular radio anymore. There are now options that allow me to listen to whatever I want without interruption.

On the way into work every morning. I usually listen to the classical station because I like the music, they're the only station that plays classical in my area and they don't waste time talking about celebrity gossip every morning. That's one thing I hate about the other channels I listen to, I really couldn't care less about their "news" segments.

I actually like listening to the radio, especially since it doesn't allow me to change the song, and you get to hear some of the funny stuff that happens in the studio. If you're listening to talk radio, sometimes those can get pretty hilarious. 

Call me weird, but I also love listening to NOAA radio. I sometimes study with it lol... http://www.wunderground.com/wxradio/

I usually listen to the normal radio just for talk shows when I sleep (But now since it disturbs me when I'm trying to sleep, I don't know if I wanna keep up with this habit) and I listen to web radios to discover new music or just to relisten to some classics, a great example would be this radio who plays Thrash Metal music 24h/24 (link to it below):

http://thrash-zone.pcriot.com/

Edited by ObliveonVortex

I keep the radio on in the background and when I sleep. It's essentially background noise for me.

I only keep it on "Oldies" stations, though... Or they were "Oldies" stations before they were taken over by 80s crap. Ugh. Why can't I have a good Oldies station that doesn't do that?

• Brohoof 1

Ehhh It's hard to find music I like on radios these days. I listen to it on occasion, but I normally switch on to the older stuff.

It's extremely difficult for me to find the genres of music I like. Out of the 68 stations in my area, there are about 20 Christian stations, 20 country stations, 10 Christian contemporary stations, and then most of the rest are sports stations. There's only one alternative station, one rap station, one pop station, and they only have about 40 songs each! We don't have an EDM station either, which is like Hell to me!

TL;DR, no, because I can't find the music I like.