Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PoniArcade Minecraft Server.. Why are these crazy things happening?!

Pinkie_Chan

Hey every pony! So as you might know ponymc just turned into poniarcade about maybe a month ago and since that happen a lot has changed.

First of all they removed all cannon names "Because of fighting" I know I don't know what happens when i'm not online but through the time I've been on the server I haven't seen fighting going on because of names..there might of been like hey i'm the real whatever pony but after that they just went on with their pony lives. Second of all they just removed all use of /me and now all channels are combined with survival and creative. O.o Like how is any pony suppose to rp now without ponies from the other server possibly already doing theirs in that specific channel and in others too? 

I'm not trying to be mean, but minor changes soon lead to bigger changes.. I don't want to come on one day and every server be gone, but survival or just creative. I don't know what i'm trying to get at here, but I just don't want the server too fall... I hope some pony answers my questions.. Well thanks for reading this far!

-Pinkie_Chan/xXWolfieXx10

• Brohoof 2

I've moved the topic to the correct forum.

Hey every pony! So as you might know ponymc just turned into poniarcade about maybe a month ago and since that happen a lot has changed.

First of all they removed all cannon names "Because of fighting" I know I don't know what happens when i'm not online but through the time I've been on the server I haven't seen fighting going on because of names..there might of been like hey i'm the real whatever pony but after that they just went on with their pony lives. Second of all they just removed all use of /me and now all channels are combined with survival and creative. O.o Like how is any pony suppose to rp now without ponies from the other server possibly already doing theirs in that specific channel and in others too? 

I'm not trying to be mean, but minor changes soon lead to bigger changes.. I don't want to come on one day and every server be gone, but survival or just creative. I don't know what i'm trying to get at here, but I just don't want the server too fall... I hope some pony answers my questions.. Well thanks for reading this far!

-Pinkie_Chan/xXWolfieXx10

Yes, most of the names were removed due to chronic arguments taking place in the 'rpg' channels, this is something we've been meaning to do for a long while before PoniArcade, and have just recently got around to accomplishing.

The use of /me was becoming overly excessive in 'rpg' and even 'global' chat, don't worry though, we've got some plans for it.

Personally, I don't like the connected server chats. I find it a bit obnoxious. Hopefully there might be a way to optimize it for clarity or even a way to toggle it from showing in general.

From what I've seen, players often RP in close proximity. If the 'rpg' channel is in use you can always access local chat using /ch l for a peaceful RP. This of course come with the assumption that no player outside of the RP wonders close; allowing them to read and talk in the chat.

You should post this on the ponyarcade site this isn't their site, so mods and admins of that mc server wont notice this.

All staff on the Minecraft server are 'PoniArcade Staff' on the forums, using the PArc Minecraft section to contact staff will undoubtedly receive a reply. Though I would argue it being the most efficient way.

I hope I've answered all of your questions!

• Brohoof 2

-snip-

It's worth noting a lot of these changes were not specifically due to the PoniArcade move - many of them were outstanding tasks from the PonyMC era. 

Regarding cross-server chat: We are trying to come up with a resolution. I personally am not happy with it and I know many of our other players are not as well. We are looking at it - do not fret ;)

• Brohoof 2

It's worth noting a lot of these changes were not specifically due to the PoniArcade move - many of them were outstanding tasks from the PonyMC era.

Cross-server chat was in-planning for a long time but put on hold because we couldn't agree on a good way to implement it.

I wish PArc the best in figuring out how they want to improve on it, and hopefully they find a way that everyone enjoys.

As for

Yes, most of the names were removed due to chronic arguments taking place in the 'rpg' channels, this is something we've been meaning to do for a long while before PoniArcade, and have just recently got around to accomplishing.

This, on the other fin, is complete BS.

Our nickname system was built to prevent players from copying/impersonating others, but never in my life would I have supported banning canon names.

There might be a slight scuffle here and there over names, which is easily resolved; restricting players' freedom to nickname themselves is something I would have never supported.

That said, it's PArc's servers now and I hope they find a way to balance things out to make both players and staff happy.

I think the cross server chats are a cool idea, but bad implementing

I can hardly follow the chats anymore with all the extra fluff from creative mixed in with everything else.

From what I can tell this is planned on being fixed. Making a different channel for it or something along those lines.

We're definitely not keeping it like this, is a bit derpy.

From what I can tell this is planned on being fixed. Making a different channel for it or something along those lines.

We're definitely not keeping it like this, is a bit derpy.

Thats for sure, I hope the best to you guys trying to fix things :D

Thats for sure, I hope the best to you guys trying to fix things :D

From what I can tell my original thought wasn't correct in terms of making a new channel.

They've removed a lot of the excess clutter by making it so the rpg channels (Fnaf, rpg etc) aren't cross server.

Global will remain cross server (Unless we notice that its definitely not working. Since we're only just implementing it its subject to change )

Sorry, sort of jumped the gun earlier. Wasn't fully sure : P

Is the server currently down, for l tried to log in and got this error message:

Failed to connect to the server

Failed to login: The authentication servers are currently down for maintenance

[back to server list]

Means all Minecraft servers are acting up. Rather than ours specifically.

It's fine atm tho

• 3 weeks later...

what minecraft is the pony server on

technic platform or the normal minecraft or another one i dont know of if you know what i mean cause when the servers are fixed or is the servers fix already cause i like to play and make new friend and idk if this is where i put the post

thank you and BroHoof /)

Edited by NEO_Black_Cosmos

what minecraft is the pony server on

technic platform or the normal minecraft or another one i dont know of if you know what i mean cause when the servers are fixed or is the servers fix already cause i like to play and make new friend and idk if this is where i put the post

thank you and BroHoof /)

Normal minecraft .

Servers working perfectly fine atm ^_^ 

IP is play.poniarcade.com

• 1 month later...

I am no staff, but I have been playing this server and survival servers in general for a long time so that I will make so suggestions to at least try to help these issues.

On 8/5/2015 at 2:44 PM, sact3rnlang3l said:

I think the cross server chats are a cool idea, but bad implementing

I can hardly follow the chats anymore with all the extra fluff from creative mixed in with everything else.

Compared to some larger servers I have played on, the chat is pretty clean and easy to follow (Some servers I have seen have 5 tags by each player name with a pointless "ding" sound whenever someone puts something into chat). On one of the older servers I used to play on, it was about the size of this server more or less, with all worlds, Hub, Survival, Creative, Hunger Games, and Shops where on the same chat with little tags by them that would say what world they are in, which I think this server implemented well with the abbreviations [sv], [ct], and [eqt], not in the way and cluttering the chat making it hard to read. I think there should be some simple alterations to the "/ch" command, where if you type "/ch survival' It won't say "You are now chatting in survival", it will instead say "You will now only see chat from survival." If you want to get real crazy, you could set a time so that players won't forget to re-active global and miss chat from other worlds, like "/ch survival 15". You could also make it so that if a player from another world says a player's name, the message with their name will appear in their chat, so that it will be possible for players to respond from a muted chat.

I personally like to see chat from all servers, because my friends switch between at different times. What I really find annoying is I don't know who is on ALL of the servers at one time by /list. I think /list should show players logged in across all servers, not just the one you are on. If not done with the command by itself, it could be done with extra parameters like "/list creative"

On 8/4/2015 at 10:46 PM, Flutterguy said:

The use of /me was becoming overly excessive in 'rpg' and even 'global' chat, don't worry though, we've got some plans for it.

I think there should be a sub-nick on an RPGnick, so that you can put a cannon or well-known characters, fictional or otherwise, name over your own without erasing your old one, but in a different color so that people know something is different about it, but keep them blacklisted as a normal nick so that players don't get confused. If a play tries to do "/nick Fluttershy" it would return "We don't allow canon names as normal nicknames. If you are trying to roleplay as a character, do /rpgnick [nickname] then /ch RPG"

I know I just created a huge wall of text, and saying this is adding to it, but I hope this these suggestions help feed to the ideas for improvements to the server.

I am no staff, but I have been playing this server and survival servers in general for a long time so that I will make so suggestions to at least try to help these issues.

Compared to some larger servers I have played on, the chat is pretty clean and easy to follow (Some servers I have seen have 5 tags by each player name with a pointless "ding" sound whenever someone puts something into chat). On one of the older servers I used to play on, it was about the size of this server more or less, with all worlds, Hub, Survival, Creative, Hunger Games, and Shops where on the same chat with little tags by them that would say what world they are in, which I think this server implemented well with the abbreviations [sv], [ct], and [eqt], not in the way and cluttering the chat making it hard to read. I think there should be some simple alterations to the "/ch" command, where if you type "/ch survival' It won't say "You are now chatting in survival", it will instead say "You will now only see chat from survival." If you want to get real crazy, you could set a time so that players won't forget to re-active global and miss chat from other worlds, like "/ch survival 15". You could also make it so that if a player from another world says a player's name, the message with their name will appear in their chat, so that it will be possible for players to respond from a muted chat.

I personally like to see chat from all servers, because my friends switch between at different times. What I really find annoying is I don't know who is on ALL of the servers at one time by /list. I think /list should show players logged in across all servers, not just the one you are on. If not done with the command by itself, it could be done with extra parameters like "/list creative"

I think there should be a sub-nick on an RPGnick, so that you can put a cannon or well-known characters, fictional or otherwise, name over your own without erasing your old one, but in a different color so that people know something is different about it, but keep them blacklisted as a normal nick so that players don't get confused. If a play tries to do "/nick Fluttershy" it would return "We don't allow canon names as normal nicknames. If you are trying to roleplay as a character, do /rpgnick [nickname] then /ch RPG"

I know I just created a huge wall of text, and saying this is adding to it, but I hope this these suggestions help feed to the ideas for improvements to the server.

Thank you for the suggestions!

For /list we already have /glist, which I'm fairly sure works for players and shows players for all servers.

I'm not sure about the likelyhood of allowing canon names, even in rpg. IIRC one of the reasons they were removed was because people kept screaming at eachother for them, and /ch rpg would be the most competitive place : P    [Also had a lot of conflicts with teleporting, because everybody had the same name]

I will pass on the /ch suggestion to a tech.

Thanks again! ^^

~Aly