Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you hope people say behind your back?

Troblems

People talk. It's an unfortunate fact of life; however it's not always bad. Sometimes the most flattering, kindest things people can say about you is said to others. So, what nice things do you hope other people say about you when you aren't there?

Personally, I hope people talk about my humor. Dealing with discomfort, as a coping mechanism, because I can, I'm always cracking jokes and trolling the other staff members, family, friends, or anyone else who gets too close.  :umad:

Way back in second place, I hope people realize that under all of the tomfoolery and shenanigans, I can and do get shit done. I'm competent, capable and punctual.

• Brohoof 8

Mostly that they're saying things they would be comfortable saying to my face. Whether negative or positive, I appreciate openness in a person. I feel amazing when my friends'll pass on some joke I tell to somebody else. And when somebody is venomous or annoyed or hateful, I like it much more when they're that way all the time. One of my co-workers is all smiles when you talk to her, and yet I keep hearing about her going to managers and passing along false accusations about the other women who work her position. It creates a toxic environment, and I'd honestly appreciate her and people like her just airing their grievances as opposed to hiding behind this protective shield of faux-niceness.

More specifically, yeah. It'd be nice if people (honestly) appraised me as a competent, helpful, hardworking person. I can be pretty aloof and goofy a lot of the time, but I like it when people know there's much more to me than that.

• Brohoof 2

The truth, positive or negative.

People's opinions are of little matter, if you don't like me, chances are I don't like you.

• Brohoof 1

I've heard that people are sometimes talking about me behind my back, it is a lovely feeling when you entering a room and you can hear that they are talking about you there.

I'm not 100% sure what people are talking about me but here are some my thoughts

At school:

*What is wrong with him, why he is like that", "He doesnt do anything" "Does he do anything?"

Latters especially when working in groups

=/

• Brohoof 1

I would hope positive things, like that I am at least an okay person and that I am a positive influence. Sometimes I think I worry too much but I just want to be a good friend and a good person ya know? So I would hope that is what others say about me at least.

• Brohoof 3

In order,

1. "Goodness, he certainly always knows exactly what to say when you're feeling down to make you feel better."

2. "What a well-groomed and non-stinky man."

3. "Holy cow, what a great Left 4 Dead 2 player. Like he's always saving the team's butt."

• Brohoof 2

How strikingly attractive I am.

I've heard that people are sometimes talking about me behind my back, it is a lovely feeling when you entering a room and you can hear that they are talking about you there.

I'm not 100% sure what people are talking about me but here are some my thoughts

At school:

*What is wrong with him, why he is like that", "He doesnt do anything" "Does he do anything?"

=/

I wish I could work with you in groups! I'd get you involved and trust me, it'd be fun.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno why, but I love it when people talk about how crazy or weird I am.   :P 

All the more so if the way I handle things just confuses the crap out of them.   :yay:

Hopefully they're talking about how much of a boss that I am. Or they are cowering in fear. Though the worst would be if they don't even give me a spare thought. 

Oh, I think about this all the time. Usually in the negative though. My mind is sadly able to map out almost any negative thing that someone will say to or about me. And I'm sure certain people say those things. We all have to let off steam about those who rub us the wrong way.

Honestly though, I can't know what other people think. They are so much of a mysterious to someone as self-absorbed as I am. I can only hope they think I'm some scary competent super smart person who is better than them, so that they don't know that I'm actually an insecure mess of a thing. 

The phrase "behind your back" though almost always implies some negative talk. And I doubt most people want bile spewed about them behind their backs. So this thread would probably make more sense if it was titled "about you" which sounds more neutral.

• Brohoof 1

I don't care much about what other people think positive or negative.  My family and soon to be fiancé are really the only people's opinions I value.  I tend to be quite apathetic about other people  :maud:

Edited by Luna_tic

At school:

=/

Wow the exact same thing i was about to say.

Well possibly i hope those people can say i am actually a good person or something.Thats all.

• Brohoof 1

I don't need to hope anything, I know what people are saying behind my back.

"Geez guys, check out that awesome dude!"

"I want to bear his children."

"He has quite a butt, amiright?"

"He is the living incarnation of Hercules."

"His sense of style is foshizzle!"

"I'd blow him!"

They better be talking about how much of a benevolent ruler I am, or so help me.

I expect negative things.

I know I do things to make people mad, and them talking about it behind my back is fine with me. It's not like I don't know what they say, I know everything negative they could possibly say about me because I know what I do wrong that aggravates them. I recognize every fault I have. ​And it eats away at me everyday.

Out of all that I just hope they realize I do what I can for people if they ask. I almost never turn someone down who asks for help.

Edited by Sage

Anything positive, I guess... preferably about my kindness, since that's one quality I'd love to have. ^_^ I'm not very comfortable with knowing people say things behind my back however, even positive things... I'd be even less comfortable if they said it to me directly, though. :P

Positive things, obviously. But more so... just who I am. I wish people wouldn't make such big deals of my mistakes but... People are people... I guess? And they have to be critical of actions. 

If there is one thing I really want people to talk about; it's my goals. I wish people would talk about. It's what I want to do as a person... I want to help other people with every fiber in my body... I want to contribute. I want to go all out. I want to make everyone's day, I want to be the best I can be for everyone. And I wish people would talk about what I do for others or what I'm going to do.  And go help me, help them. Or go help them on their own. But... people would rather focus on flaws. Sadly... Pity.