Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

member q+a Nervous Stitch Q&A

Simon

You and SFyr both do great work. What would your reaction be, if somehow, in a crazy way, your works could be combined :o

Do you make plushies randomly just for fun, or only when you are making them for people that buy  :)

This is a fantastic idea, I have admired your work for a while now :) You really are a true inspiration :)

Do you like to receive gifts? E.g. pictures that people have drawn of your OC and things like that? :)

Also, what is your OC like? :)

Also, Pixel sounds adorable! I have two kitties myself (Princess Lyra and Pantalaimon).. What does Pixel look like? :) xxx

Edited by Arctic Sunbeam
  • Brohoof 1

What is your favourite quote from anything?

Hmm. An older friend always told me growing up that "there are no stupid or bad people, just confused people" which may not be an actual quote, but really has stuck with me. While the accuracy of it is up for debate, if you view negative things people do as just things they do because they're misinformed or don't understand, it allows you to become a lot more accepting of everyone and not really harbor hatred or dislike anyone. While pity isn't a pure emotion or a very positive one, it's a ton better than hatred.

And favourite song/band?

I think band overall may be Glass Animals. Can't say I dislike any of their stuff I've heard, which is strange for me. Couldn't really pick a particular song  :lol:

You and SFyr both do great work. What would your reaction be, if somehow, in a crazy way, your works could be combined ? 

Thank you! My reaction would be relief, because I have been shouting at that boy for the past year that we could have a good thing going and join forces and be really, really good (@SFyr, I'm talking to you and you know it!) but he insists he is too lazy. Sigh.

Do you make plushies randomly just for fun, or only when you are making them for people that buy  ? 

I used to make a lot more of them randomly, but I've been getting my fill of sewing from commissions as of late. I have a few plans for personal projects that may come up pretty soon here, though :)

Do mind younger bronies such as myself?

Haha, not at all! I'm still pretty little myself. It's nice to see people liking whatever they want to like and being happy with themselves, especially in younger folk. I started kicking around online when I was probably 8 or so and I still remember a lot of older people (and talk to them, jeez) that were pretty supportive and inspirational to me. I enjoy that the internet has a nice expanse of age range and as long as you're careful about personal info, you can learn a lot from different perspectives...little bit of a tangent, haha.

Do you like to receive gifts? E.g. pictures that people have drawn of your OC and things like that?

Very much so! Sfyr has been my main source of art, but that well is running dry  :okiedokielokie:

Also, what is your OC like?

Appearance wise she's on my profile, but personality wise is a little..wonky. I've kind of taken joy in making her a little skewy...So far, I believe I've settled on her being pretty much immortal and mute. She's been around forever, not saying anything, giving plushies to her friends she makes along the way and just being pretty happy go lucky silly. I threw around an idea for a comic with Sfyr about how it could chronicle different historical ponies she's met and adventures she's been on and the stories of all her plushies she's given to those ponies...and the final chapter is her in her little plushie room with the plushies she gave all her friends who are now deceased. I don't think I'm going to make that "canon" for her yet, haha.

What does Pixel look like? xxx

Perfection  :wub:  

post-31687-0-62689800-1438799710_thumb.jpgpost-31687-0-44377800-1438799714_thumb.jpgpost-31687-0-96483700-1438799715_thumb.jpg

She has nakey belly syndrome.

Why are you so nervous, NS?

I dunno man I'm like a Chihuahua over here, haha. I'm getting a little better, but social anxiety is killer.

What would happen if you let Billy Mays run your blog?

You disappeared back to the front page! Hmm. Judging by the fact I don't really have a blog (its one post, lol) and Billy Mays is departed...everything would be okay!

What is life?

Ponies, kitties and school. Your mileage may vary.

• Brohoof 5

Nervous Stitch! Did Troblems mention my fear of headless plushies? D:

But seriously has anyone stated that they didn't want to see any WIP's? I think I may be the only one that wants to be surprised at the end.

I have a few plans for personal projects that may come up pretty soon here, though

Ooh, sounds interesting  :ooh:

What is WIP?

Do you have anyone that you look up to (besides SFyr :P)? 

Did Troblems mention my fear of headless plushies? D:

BOO! 

post-31687-0-25611300-1438800107_thumb.jpg

Headless ponies skeeve me out as well, haha. Though, there are a lot of funny/uncomfortable WIP photos to be found. Ahem.

post-31687-0-81120700-1438800314_thumb.jpgpost-31687-0-12166100-1438800316.jpgpost-31687-0-24303500-1438800317_thumb.jpg

Pony heads in progress look huge. Rarity's rockin' that noggin.

But seriously has anyone stated that they didn't want to see any WIP's?

Selfie Pony was my only surprise pony, to be honest. If I'm making something for Sfyr I often need his opinion on his work, and if it's for him, well..haha.

What is WIP?

Work in Progress :) Stuff before it's done!

Do you have anyone that you look up to (besides SFyr )? 

I could go on for ages...Nazegoreng, Whitedove, Agatrix, Adamlhumphreys, Zis-zas, Moggymawee..all from dA. There are a ton others, but these people craft sooo well. I think Moggymawee may be my favorite  :wub:

Edited by Nervous Stitch
  • Brohoof 4

Do you enjoy reading?

I used to read a lot more than I do now :squee:  Leaving high school kind of did that to me, and it's a shame. All time favorite book is Geek Love by Katherine Dunn, though. It's such a messed up book but you don't feel like it's messed up, which is what gets me every time. That, and she's such a unique writer. Love it so much  :wub:

Also what is your favorite episode?

I think Sonic Rainboom may be my favorite. Honestly couldn't pick out why, just a very endearing episode :)

What do you think of the forums?    What do you think of the community here ?

Went over this a little above :) I legitimately really enjoy it here. Everyone seems very kind and welcoming to each other. MLPF is bookmark #1 on my browser  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Do you watch sports?

No sports :(  Went to a hockey game once, it was pretty cool.

Also who is your least favorite pony?

Hmm. I'm alright with them all, but I just can't feel Sweetie Belle for some reason. The rest of the CMC are fantastic, but Sweetie Belle is just a little..hmm.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Do you like making new friends? As in, if someone new messages you, are you happy? xx

:eww:  Friends? Ugh.

Totally! I love hearing from new people. I'm not the best at conversation so don't expect anything super fantastic, but I love getting messages!

How often do go on mlpforums?

Better question: How often do not go on mlpforums? Answer: when sleep.  :smug:

• Brohoof 2

Totally! I love hearing from new people. I'm not the best at conversation so don't expect anything super fantastic, but I love getting messages!

Anything you love talking about particularly with other people, with new people?

• Brohoof 1

Anything you love talking about particularly with other people, with new people?

I think if they know about stuff that I particularly don't, that's a lot of fun. It's fun to share common interests but it's just as exciting to learn about new things that you previously wouldn't have :)

• Brohoof 2

I think if they know about stuff that I particularly don't, that's a lot of fun. It's fun to share common interests but it's just as exciting to learn about new things that you previously wouldn't have :)

Do you have favorite countries? 

What countries would you like to visit the most (perhaps top 5)? 

Have you heard of Iceland? If so, what do you think of it? 

• Brohoof 1

Do you have favorite countries?

I've only been to two, so I can't really pick favorites, haha.

What countries would you like to visit the most (perhaps top 5)? 

Hmm, that's hard. I'd like to see the UK. my father grew up in Trinidad, so I would love to visit there and see his old stomping grounds, along with Germany. Perhaps Sweden and South Africa as well. I'm not sure tbh, everywhere seems nice to go!

Have you heard of Iceland? If so, what do you think of it? 

I have, of course! I've always heard it is absolutely beautiful there. The weather seems a little chilly, though :squee:  

• Brohoof 2