Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in the Big City...State (Open)

skbl17

@@Akari of Duskshire,

"Yep, they're a camera crew alright," Said Dapper to Fantasy, "But don't worry, if you're camera shy I'll do all the talking,"

@@skbl17,

Just as he had finished the sentence a mare walked into the store, 'no doubt a reporter,' Dapper thought to himself, 'oh well, no reason not to be hospitable.' He walked up to the reporter, "Welcome to the painted llama," he said, "your one stop shop for all things creative. How may I help you today?"

@@Akari of Duskshire,

"Yep, they're a camera crew alright," Said Dapper to Fantasy, "But don't worry, if you're camera shy I'll do all the talking,"

@@skbl17,

"

Before she could go in the back or something, Fantasy Moon saw the reporter prepare to enter the store and she immediately began to step back, nodding at Dapper. "Thanks..." she said to the llama. She wanted to tell him to not mention the usage of her spell, but she was too late, for the reporter had come in.

Quarbari sat upon his bed watching outward to the window from his simple room. A midnight purple sheet with a. thick comforter and pillows to compliment.

He watched out to the window enjoying the scenic picture of tropical endowment ahead, minus the neighboring hotel. The clock ticked about onto the wall. The International Revolutionaries Peace Committee agreed to meet about sometime later this afternoon. Quarbari looked over his journal from his saddlebag.

"Committee meeting: Port Impala Public park. 6:00." He reviewed.

A meeting, more so just a gaggle of international figures. Each respectfully from their own corner of the world. Simply to discuss of their issues and advise in solutions and at times top rekindle old relations.

@@Dapper Charmer

Not long after she entered the art store, a llama came up to her and welcomed her. Maybe he's the owner?

Smiling at the llama, she introduced herself. "Thank you for welcoming me to your art store. I'm First Scoop, a reporter with Metro Media, one of the broadcasters in this city. The stallion outside is Clear Lens, my camerapony. Nice to meet you."

@@skbl17,

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you too Miss Scoop," Said Dapper to the friendly reporter. "Now might I ask you why the Metro Media has chosen to spend their time coming down to my little old store?" 'Surely they didn't come all this way for a little break in' Dapper thought to himself. "Not that I'm complaining," Said Dapper, "I'm just curious."

@@skbl17,

s."

"A camerapony? By Celestia, I'm trapped! I don't want to answer questions now. Maybe another day, but certainly not now," Fantasy Moon thought to herself. The cameras wouldn't be much of a problem if she didn't want to make a discreet exit at that very moment. So she looked around and wandered off by herself, hoping she wouldn't be noticed. "But hey, on the bright side, the best adventures don't have everything go according to plan, right?" The thought cheered her up and brought a small smile to her face.

(edited)

@@Dapper Charmer

Wait...a little break-in? Horseapples. Maybe the police had overreacted...and by extension, so did she.

Oh, how was she going to spin this around into something her bosses would allow to air? Surely they wouldn't waste precious air time on "a little break in". As a backup plan, maybe she could do a feature story on the store itself...but there's that "would they or wouldn't they" thing again. At best, such a report would probably be relegated to one of those little-watched lifestyle shows on Metro9.

"To be honest, we saw a few police cruisers racing down the street towards this store, and thought that maybe something big was happening. Looking around, it doesn't seem as if too much did."

@@Akari of Duskshire

As Quick Lens was setting up the last of the camera components outside, he noticed a unicorn who was simply wandering around the store. Maybe she was just shopping; and he sure wasn't going to film customers unless Quick Scoop managed to get an interview. The last thing he needed was to film inside a store without permission.

Edited by skbl17

@@skbl17,

"Oh that, that was nothing really some no good unicorn tried to steal one of my paintings. One of my other customers stopped her. I got my painting back, but the thief got away." Said Dapper. The break in really wasn't anything special. Dapper wondered why everyone was making such a fuss. "But if you want a real news story, my oil paints are all 50% off"

(OOC:  SO GLAD TO BE ABLE TO USE MENTIONS INSTEAD OF QUOTES AGAIN!)

@@skbl17,@@Dapper Charmer,

As Fantasy Moon walked around, she noticed an opening outside where she could slip away unnoticed.  When she got to the door, she turned to Dapper Charmer, winked and waved with a small smile, and slipped away.  She walked away fast in an attempt to escape the notice of the news crew.

I'm sorry.  I wish I could stay and help, but I've been there too long.  Thanks.  She went to the nearest bus stop (that was about a block away from the art store), and waited for a bus to come.  I've got so much to write about...

• 2 weeks later...

After spending a few minutes on the roof of City Hall, looking to see what was the cause of all the commotion near Seaside Bazaar, Bright Idea decided that it was time to get off the roof. "Okay, I think it's about time we head back down. It looks like things over there have calmed down, and I don't think the police would be too happy if they found out I was technically spying on them."

With her was the same mare from the presentation earlier. "You're right. I didn't think I'd spend this much time here....nonetheless, it wasn't bad."

With that, the two of them left the roof. The mare left City Hall, but not long after Bright Idea went back into her office, she heard a knock at the door. "Come in," she said.

The door opened, and a familiar figure entered. It was her Minister of Civil Defense.  "Ms. Mayor, I understood that you wanted to speak to me about something?"

Well, if she was going to tell him off, better now than later.