Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Expect Out Of A Friendship?

Wicked Skies

To me, a friendship is just a beginning - the real work goes into keeping it up and running. Effort has to be put in from both parties to try to stay connected, and to roll with whatever bumps might come on the way.

I have many people I would consider friends, but only a few that I feel are very close friends/are people I would share everything with. Maybe they're people I felt instant connection with, or people who've just been with me a very long time. With them, I feel like I can say anything, be myself, laugh about whatever. We never run out of things to talk about, even when we haven't spoken in a long time. Any silence between us is never an awkward one.

They don't have to like what I like, or see things exactly how I see them - where's the fun in that? They just have to remember that I'm still learning, still growing, and still trying to understand myself as a person - as long as they can accept that I'm different, that I will continue to change, and be there to help me as well as allowing me to help them... We'll be okay.

I'm open to new friends anytime. Even though I have a few trust issues at the very very start. But once I talk to the person a few times then that changes. 
I've been wronged in the past by a few people who were so called friends. 
But, I'm the type who doesn't judge, or expect to much. 

If anything, just someone to talk to and hang with. Maybe some games. Or if their into music production. Prolly help each other out on collab or just for fun. 
So there for me, isn't really nothing to expect. 

Just be honest, and be yourself. 

I'm pretty good with friendship. But some of my friends can be completely stubborn. So what if I don't want to play? That doesn't mean we are not friends anymore.. ugh ;-; i have no bff. i have friends but no bff. my old bff moved. so now all my friends are just bleh.................. idk. I mean one is a book worm, one is athletic, one is happy, one is stubborn, one is goofy, one is fancy, one is speedy and I am over here like yeah me too. You see, my mom teaches dance, and some girls there who get taught by my mom (i do dance too sooo) they all go to school. And I am just sneaking out of the crew when they talk about teachers or school stuff. It really annoys me sometimes... I have no Best Friend Forever In My Life BFFIML. Just a good friend on the internet makes up for the crap real life throws at me. sorry had to rant a litttle ;-;

All I expect from friendship is to get a hug... Really, I'm serious, if someone lets me hug them. I declare them a friend. If someone asks me for a hug, I will let them. Because friendship is not technicalities, in this day and age, its bare similarities. Half the time when i want to make a friend, i just talk. Eventually i come off as either smart or something bad, and then i'm either friends with them, or not.

Simple as that.

Listen to The Animals.

Do it.

You Don't want to sell me deathsticks, you want to go home and rethink your life.

Lessons learned have turned me into very cynical and distrusting towards most people. At face value, i can interact and even seem to befriend most people in my adjacent social circles.

But it's usually just a facade, and i don't feel like such relationships last past light friendship.

I do have one true friend. I tend to keep them close to me; getting to know (i mean, really know ) someone at my age is harder than it used to be.

Childhood friends are a rare commodity.

All I expect from friendship is to get a hug... Really, I'm serious, if someone lets me hug them. I declare them a friend. If someone asks me for a hug, I will let them. Because friendship is not technicalities, in this day and age, its bare similarities. Half the time when i want to make a friend, i just talk. Eventually i come off as either smart or something bad, and then i'm either friends with them, or not.

Simple as that.

Listen to The Animals.

Do it.

You Don't want to sell me deathsticks, you want to go home and rethink your life.

Hugs are def. nice! 

I just like it when someone be themselves. 

That they don't feel pressured to try to be something their not. 

Be yourself. Make friends. And be happy. ^^ 

Is what I believe. :)

This one is simple for me. Nothing. Why do you ask? Because I feel like as soon as you expect something out of a friendship, it's not friendship anymore but something else. That's like donating to charity simply because you want people to think you're a good, generous human being.

Maybe I'm just weird but me and my friends pick on each other and have general banter all of the time. it never stopped us from being friends.

Perfectly normal. You can tell if people are only acqaintances or actually friends by how much they insult each other xP

Wow.  Everyone's playing the Rainbow Dash card.  Nothing wrong with it, because so am I.

I may as well describe my expectations out the Elements of Harmony...

Honesty: being truthful will make you better off in the end

Kindness: offer compassion to those who are sad

Laughter: share a laugh, crack a joke

Generosity: always give back what belongs to others

Loyalty: stick up for others rather than yourself

Magic: think about what makes your friendship special, you'll know the magic inside

Sounds like too much to ask?  Reality is, meet at least two of them to be considered a friend.

From a friendship, I expect them both to care about each other as of they were family. To care about each other's feelings no matter what they're about, and to respect the differences of each other, even if these differences are extreme. Friends should also be able to have fun and maintain a healthy relationship and not turn on each other for silly things.

One thing I like in a friendship is when I kindly ask if they could please stop doing something that makes me several unhappy, that they actually consider stopping that certain behavior. Having misophonia, along with a friend who chews extremely loudly, I tend to poing that out, but not to be rude. To let her know it's bothering me severely and that I might need to get away from her while she eats.

I expect friends to make fun of me behind my back, borrow my stuff and ruin it/never return it, take advantage of me, not show up for get-togethers, not return phone calls, not invite me to parties, take sides against me in arguments, insult my taste in music, steal my girlfriends, break wind in my face, and so on and so forth.

I've experienced first hand the magic of friendship. :D

I expect loyalty, shared interests and good conversation. Connecting in at least one way over something is definitely something I look for, whether it be shared interests or even a good atmosphere, as in I feel so comfortable around them that I never feel ashamed to be myself and talk very openly about personal matters.

What I don't expect are liars, back-stabbers, the one-liners which make conversation difficult (as in people who just say "lol" or "okay" or even just "haha") and the people that push you to one side the moment someone "cooler" arrives in their life, like you never meant anything to them in the first place. I've had far too much of that.

• Brohoof 3

Bonds, platonically or not, shouldn't be something hazy in terms of connectivity and emotion. If there's no affection involved with either party, they're nothing more than a familiar face to converse with- an acquaintance. If I feel we're far from being on the same page or far from valuing or deriving any enjoyment from our conversations (as well as valuing the individual enough for some stable amount of mutual loyalty to come up) then It's an automatic no-go. It was never a friendship in the first place. 

I expect...loyalty, do whatever you want, even be cruel at times, but when I need someone to talk to, someone to tell anything to just be there above all else, doesn't matter what religion, creed or race you are, just be loyal and I shall do the same, forever and ever, ^_^ 

I expect loyalty, shared interests and good conversation. Connecting in at least one way over something is definitely something I look for, whether it be shared interests or even a good atmosphere, as in I feel so comfortable around them that I never feel ashamed to be myself and talk very openly about personal matters.

What I don't expect are liars, back-stabbers, the one-liners which make conversation difficult (as in people who just say "lol" or "okay" or even just "haha") and the people that push you to one side the moment someone "cooler" arrives in their life, like you never meant anything to them in the first place. I've had far too much of that.

Can relate to the last bit. I've done that before as well, not gunna lie about that. But, if you ever need to talk, send me a message. You seemed lovely when I talked to you. Always here for awesome people.

Something that you find a "connection" with the other. Be it similar interests.... honestly the only thing I look for in a friendship loving one another for who you are. Not having to "change" for anyone and accepting their flaws and thus back. A strong friendship as if they were your family. I have have a couple of those kinds of friends and I cherish them. Sometimes whenever you understand someone better than others could can cause a strong bond. My closest friends have similar things to me and how I think. Recently being diagnosed with Bipolar/Generalized Anxiety Disorder. One of my best friends has the samething I do and we even think similarly on things. We understand each other very well where others may not. Another close friend I made recently at the hospital has been struggling with major depression and anxiety attacks. Even my real father who has schizoaffective disorder I love him to death and we both think similarly. Anxiety, paranoia and over-thinking.

Good friends will accept and love you for who you are. You never should change who you are for anyone unless you feel convicted that you truly need to change. I kind of have trust issues but I'm fine being that way... 

• Brohoof 1

Mutual happiness, and trust. Happiness does not have to be 100% of the time, but is that not the goal of friendship? To enjoy the company of one another.

• Brohoof 1

I strongly believe that the concepts of 'friendship' and 'love' are two incredibly similar things in nature. That would include: mutual trust, honesty, freedom, comprehension, acceptance, forgiving, companionship, and so on. To me, having a friend means having someone you can, quite literally, share your life with. It means that you can be yourself, and that you'll always have a shoulder to lean on.

• Brohoof 1