Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You like driving?

Boyevyye De

I do, especially at night. At least in areas that I know of course. And of course, more rural roads then urban. It is pretty soothing. I happen to have a particular rout I take that goes all around my town. 

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I'm a student driver, and I find it to be nerve-wracking. I've had to practice in 5 different vehicles (including a motorcycle), and I cannot stand it. I know, it's just beginner's jitters, but it feels terrifying.

I'm a big fan of driving, especially if it is somewhere new. Like @@Boyevyye De, - rural roads are my favourite (unless I get stuck behind a truck or something, all the roads round here the overtake areas are going up hills...and my car just doesn't have enough power to pull ahead XD)

One of the best drives I did was at 3.a.m. (had to drop my sister off at the airport), and the roads were so empty it was wonderful, especially as the sun started to rise towards the end of the drive :)

• Brohoof 1

Always hated it. Always will. I only do it to visit my boyfriend and drive to campus. Other than that, I prefer not to drive if I can help it. Too many crazy people are on the road, and I have been in 2 wrecks. Neither of them were my fault, and I was only driving in one of those instances. So yeah. :(

post-34935-0-01159500-1438888213.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I'm a student driver, and I find it to be nerve-wracking. I've had to practice in 5 different vehicles (including a motorcycle), and I cannot stand it. I know, it's just beginner's jitters, but it feels terrifying.

Lol I was the same way. You'll get used to it after a bit.
  • Brohoof 1

Only in video games. In real life, I actually can't drive, numerous reasons like anxiety and nervous twitches and other things. So...I don't really like driving, mainly because I don't drive at all. It is fun in Forza though. :3

I am too, I have been practicing for a while and I was nervous at first in some cases even terrified but as I got better and better and more confident I am now actually starting to like it. I like the sense of freedom of simply being able to get into a car and go wherever I want. I am going to schedule my behind the wheel test soon, I tried and failed once but I am sure that I won't make the same mistake again.

• Brohoof 1

I LOOOOOOOVE driving. I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE other drivers here in California. Mostly because they do not give a buck about other people. 

As for driving, I love doing it at night when all the bad drivers are sleeping. I blast dubstep, house or some brony music and just drive and see where the road takes me. One time I drove this really curvy road that felt so good. Granted I was in a truck and its not exactly made for downhill toge(Pronounced toe-gay) racing but whatevs.

Another awesome thing about night driving is really seeing what your car can do on long trips. I can only get 17 miles to the gallon with my truck, but I have made it 100 miles with a quarter of a tank. ONE HUNDRED MILES! I dont need to give you the math to tell you that that is amazing.

Course, driving in the day time when theres hardly any traffic is pretty awesome too. I drove along the coast of California and man it was relaxing. I put on some trance music and I felt like i was in nirvana. 

I am currently 28-years-old and I have only had my driver's license for a little over a year (I got it in June of 2014). The reason for this, is because I developed a phobia of driving at some point between High School and College. I never really liked it before then, but the longer I waited to get my license, the more scared I got. And even when I moved to a small town with much less traffic than where I came from, I still was afraid. I even had feelings of panic when just thinking about driving. I would always come up with excuses not to practice driving when my husband would try to get me to. Finally, last summer (in 2014), something just clicked in my brain. I knew that I needed to get my license right then and there, or I might never go through with it. It was like a switch got flipped. Within the space of a few weeks, I practiced driving and passed the driving test with 100%! :squee:

So how do I feel about driving now? Well, after telling my husband many, many times that I would never "like" driving, but would do it because I needed to, I am going to admit that I have to eat my words. :yay:  I actually do enjoy driving now! I don't want to do it all the time, but I actually kinda enjoy it while I'm doing it. I even feel pretty relaxed behind the wheel, which really surprises me, given my history and how scared I was for so long!

So, do I like driving? Yeah. I do. :fluttershy:  I like being able to get where I need to go without asking someone else to take me. I like being able to go out and do things by myself, without having to make my husband be my transportation. I like being able to do more because I can take myself, instead of feeling like I can't do something because I don't want to inconvenience someone else by asking them to drive me. Driving can be fun, but it's also important to drive responsibly. Don't text and drive! Pay attention to what you're doing! And for the love of Celestia, please use your turn signal! :P

I've only made like 5 trips on my own, to and from school. I haven't been able to really enjoy driving since I'm constantly worrying that im too far to one side of the road, going to be in the wrong lane, going to hit a car.. or something. I'm not very good at parking either, and I'm so nervous about parking at my school between my friend's cars x: 

But I do like being able to sing along to my music d: