Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You like driving?

Boyevyye De

I used to not like driving for worries that other people on here have: hitting someone, being stupid, etc. Then once I got used to it (I would drive to and from my high school for senior year), it was pretty chill.

BUT then I realized something. 

It wasn't me being stupid when things went wrong. IT WAS OTHER PEOPLE BEING STUPID.  :eww: People cutting me off, going too slow, and the like was kinda upsetting. Made me want to run them off the road... 

But in all honesty, I just got used to it. And I was probably at fault for some of the hiccups on the road, I'll admit that. Bottom line is to follow the rules of the road, be aware, and just stay cool.  B)

• Brohoof 1

Driving is usually fun for awhile after first getting your driver's license.

Once you've had it for awhile, it can lose its entertainment value and just comes naturally more then anything else.

No, and let me tell you why.

Stupid drivers. I CANNOT stand stupid drivers! If I catch you doing something incredibly stupid that can cause harm to yourself, me and other people, you best bet I'm gonna roll my window down and have a word with you. 

I did that last week when this 1 dude cut me off when he was entering my lane like super close to the hood of my pickup like he was right up in my space like dude wtf are you doing? We come up to this 4 way stop and I honk at him to roll his window down. I asked him what happened? You didn't use your mirrors did you? He was all like, Nope. Sorry mate. I'm like yeah whatever dude pay attention next time would you? Then we drove off.

There are many reasons why I want to get a dashcam. Catching dumb moronic drivers is the biggest influence.

I love driving.  But that's obvious for a gearhead like me.  I love cars in general.

My 2001 Ford F-150:

445061b586.jpg

My/my parents' 1989 Chevy Camaro RS:

87d23fcf4f.JPG

Here's a few ponified pictures regarding the subject of motor oil...  The first one I found online somewhere, the second one I made myself:

04f05b2a94.png

a0c0c87023.png

In the [almost] 5 years I've had my license, I've probably driven a grand total of around 30,000 miles so far.  The majority of that has been in my truck, which I've put about 25,000 miles on myself.  The other 5,000 would likely just be the sum of miles I've put on other vehicles, like the Camaro and my motorcycle (a 2001 Yamaha V-Star 650).  

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

Driving is a fun thing that I like to do, especially at night where I take a long route from my part-time job to my home. Though I'll have to admit it sucks when it is busy or there is this one insane driver that has absolutely no idea how to drive driving near you. It's like playing Russian Roulette at that point, with each second being the equivalent of the press of a trigger. 

Fun, but sucks when the traffic is heavy.

Yeah I like to drive; it's very relaxing for me :). I don't think I ever once worried about driving or got nervous about it at all :huh:. Which is weird, because I do get nervous easily, but I didn't get nervous about driving for some reason.

Yes, people are bad drivers, but people aren't going to try to get into car crashes, either. :wacko:

Driving is fun as shit. I'm a bit of a racecar driver, but that's about it and I've still good sense about me.

Music determines a chunk of how I drove. Relaxing stuff I'm more chill and sitting at my normal speed. Faster, more energetic things and I may find myself going a bit faster than normal.

Late night driving is also a blast. Some nice, soft House, Melodic Dubstep, or Liquid DnB make for a really damn relaxing night to just chill on.

No, and let me tell you why.

Stupid drivers. I CANNOT stand stupid drivers! If I catch you doing something incredibly stupid that can cause harm to yourself, me and other people, you best bet I'm gonna roll my window down and have a word with you.

I did that last week when this 1 dude cut me off when he was entering my lane like super close to the hood of my pickup like he was right up in my space like dude wtf are you doing? We come up to this 4 way stop and I honk at him to roll his window down. I asked him what happened? You didn't use your mirrors did you? He was all like, Nope. Sorry mate. I'm like yeah whatever dude pay attention next time would you? Then we drove off.

There are many reasons why I want to get a dashcam. Catching dumb moronic drivers is the biggest influence.

In this time and age, you are literally asking for trouble doing this. I've heard enough horror stories of people flying off the deep end over things like this. Following whoever did it home/where ever they're going, pulling guns out, generally trying to fight. It's really not worth reacting in such a way. Stupid drivers may be annoying, but crazy, rage filled people are much worse.

I hate it at this point. It's easy but dangerous but the thing that makes me hate it is that it eats an hour of my day everyday because I commute to school. I miss my 3 minute walk to middle school or my mom driving me to high school as she went to work.

I just got my license at the beginning of the summer, and I still am not too comfortable with driving. Sure, it's cool to be able to drive yourself places, but I just sometimes get really bad anxiety. Like, when I am approaching a green light and I don't know whether to go or start to slow down because deep down I know it is going to turn yellow then red. Then when I make a mistake or something, I am literally SHAKING and it bothers me for the rest of my trip to wherever I am going. It has its pros and cons.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to drive, I have always enjoyed driving, I can explore places, blast my music and do even more. It's just awesome. I always drive around out of boredom, I shouldn't do that though.

the only upside is i can sing my heart out while i drive

That is true, singing your heart out while driving is always a fun thing. I tend to do that while driving. xD And listen and get lost in my music.

I like driving a lot. Sometimes the traffic can be annoying at times, but other than that, driving is pretty fun and enjoyable. It's nice being able to visit friends, go to stores, and to go to conventions that are far away. 

I actually find driving to be very relaxing. Being somewhat of a car enthusiast, I also like messing about with the gadgets. Best not to do that while driving though. :P But yes, I enjoy the freedom it gives you as well as privacy and comfort in comparison to public transport.

I like driving. It's great having the option of being able to get up and go almost anywhere, whenever. I'd go crazy without a car. Here in the suburbs of southeast Michigan, public transportation is pretty much nonexistent.

To me though a car is more than just transportation. It's like my own little bubble- I guess? It's one of the things in my life I have complete control over. I know what's up with it and I like working on it and keeping everything working smoothly. If a check engine light shows up, it needs to be gone YESTERDAY- because it makes me crazy. I also love driving a manual transmission (except in heavy/construction traffic.) You really feel connected to the car and can do more "fun" stuff with it.

Having a fun car definitely makes a difference though. :squee:

post-24370-0-16615700-1415471132.jpg
Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

The answer I'll give you depends on how many idiots I'm sharing the road with at that moment. :angry:

Pretty much what you said, I do love driving, but man do I hate sharing the road with morons who can't drive.