Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You like driving?

Boyevyye De

I looooove driving. Love love love it!  I've been around cars since I was a little kid and I just love driving!

Sad thing is I don't have a car  :okiedokielokie:  Haven't had one in 10 years but hopefully next year.  Stupid things are so expensive.  But I'm tired of taking the bus in the Arizona summers.

The last time I got to drive was a decade ago in Driver's Ed. I did not do so well on the driving portion, and got scared. So, no, I did not like driving. I'd like the independence of it, but nothing else.

• Brohoof 1

I can't drive yet, I will in the next year, but I feel like I'm going to murder somebody aha. I'm very worried about driving in the future. I freak out easily and I feel like I'm going to lose my head.

I am actually afraid of driving.

I once drived a car, but i drive into a dig.

Im just afraid i could do something wrong, they are all these signs, all these functions in a car and then the countless situations when people complain about others driving to fast or slow.

I just dont want to get into any trouble. But i guess if i have to learn to drive for my job..i will.

• Brohoof 1

I am actually afraid of driving.

I once drived a car, but i drive into a dig.

Im just afraid i could do something wrong, they are all these signs, all these functions in a car and then the countless situations when people complain about others driving to fast or slow.

I just dont want to get into any trouble. But i guess if i have to learn to drive for my job..i will.

I can see why, driving can be a frightening experience, but driving gives you independence which is worth so much more.

I love driving! Well, at first I feel a bit anxious from the idea of it, but focusing on the ride after some time calms me down fairly well. Rural, country roads are really blissful.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see...

• I am currently sitting in a cockpit that has my sim racing stuff mounted to it.
  • I would jump at the chance to drive a slow car fast.
  • A manual transmission is exciting to me.
  • Most of the games I have ever played have driving elements that I tend to enjoy most.
  • I could teach just about anyone about how to drive nearly any track in the world.
  • I could also teach just about anyone how to handle any car in just about any situation. (As long as I have first-hand experience myself)
  • I think oversteer is exciting. (most of the time)
  • I often imagine what it would be like to drive any new car, road or race.
  • I believe that straights are for fast cars and corners are for fast drivers.  :comeatus: 
  • I would tear apart any game that calls itself a sim if it doesn't actually correctly simulate what a real car would do.

I believe I do enjoy driving a little bit I admit.

• 3 years later...

Riding, yes. Driving, no. In a car I'm constantly worrying about hitting something. They're just big clumsy machines. Sexy, big, clumsy machines, but still.

Motorcycles are more my thing. I don't have one yet (I'm stuck with a bicycle with a motor strapped to it rn), but I've ridden one before, and I loved every second of it.

Depends on what I'm driving. It's not fun when you're randomly forced to drive a 26 foot box truck for a route. Though driving sport cars are pretty fun.

Sure do! Busy pavements are the best!

Seriously though. I don't drive and have never learned to. The financial side and the witnessed stupidty of other road users sort of sucked the joy out of it for me. Might learn if I ever make it to Japan. But to be honest, I'd be content with a moped. Those things are awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Well....I'm a truck driver, Local, going Regional in about 2 weeks, so I would say, me and the road get along great, sadly though, its a lonely road, so its hard, especially if you dont have a significant other/ family/ friends that can back you which can make it alot easier. But, messaging my High School English teacher and telling him guess what, I can make money staring out a window, and there is a chance I make more! lol

A road is just a piece of Blacktop, a car is just a chunk of metal and plastic, but together, opportunities can be made, things can be seen and experiences can be learned. Yes it sounds super cheesy, but once you venture out of your bubble, your life and your problems start to seem so small, and start to seem easier to manage and correct. And yes, you have ALOT of time to think about stuff on the road.

• Brohoof 1

Like it a lot! Have way to many cars to be considered normal, 4x4 is fun too in the area I live in. In winter times a 4x4 is highly recommended, especially if you need to get to work every day.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Roughtek said:

Well....I'm a truck driver, Local, going Regional in about 2 weeks, so I would say, me and the road get along great, sadly though, its a lonely road, so its hard, especially if you dont have a significant other/ family/ friends that can back you which can make it alot easier. But, messaging my High School English teacher and telling him guess what, I can make money staring out a window, and there is a chance I make more! lol

A road is just a piece of Blacktop, a car is just a chunk of metal and plastic, but together, opportunities can be made, things can be seen and experiences can be learned. Yes it sounds super cheesy, but once you venture out of your bubble, your life and your problems start to seem so small, and start to seem easier to manage and correct. And yes, you have ALOT of time to think about stuff on the road.

Cool, my dad is a truck driver and has been for as long as I can remember. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate it.  Gives me crippling anxiety.  Clarification: operating a motor vehicle, in and of itself, is inherently a blast, but driving in traffic, navigating the rules of the road, watching the stoplights and signs, watching for pedestrians, merging, changeling lanes, and fending off maniac drivers is a f*cking nightmare.  I mean, if I Was Legend (meaning the last person on Earth), then driving would be a hoot 'n' a half.

3 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I was trying to say it explains your love of trucks :laugh:

Semi trucks are meh. Pickup trucks though....

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Semi trucks are meh. Pickup trucks though....

Hey you watch your mouth about semi trucks, haha. Some trucks, especially the classic trucks, oh...they are so nice, sadly the truck I'm going to be driving will be pretty much new.... no character to them...