Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming so.. what peoples feelings on Undertale?

StudioUAC

• 2 months later...

Hi @StudioUAC,

As your thread is discussing a video game, it has been moved to Media Discussion.

I've been playing this game for the past few days now, and I absolutely adore it. I'm currently on my second playthrough (to get the other endings), but all the characters are amazing and full of personality and life. The music is also great as well as the gameplay.

It's easily my favorite game that's come out this year so far; I'd highly recommend playing if you haven't. Make sure you go through your initial run blind though.

UPDATE:

Finished True Pacifist today. You need to play this game. :o

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Goatmom is best mom.

Also it's been days now, but I still can't stop listening to the soundtrack, with ASGORE and Hope and Dreams being the ones I've been listening to the most.

• Brohoof 2

Remember kids, No Mercy runs are best runs!

It's a great game because it has deconstructions (Huge fan of those, there's a reason I love Madoka), anime references, great sense of humor, amazing bosses and the concept is just badass.

• Brohoof 1

@,

You need to play this game. I won't spoil anything, because I got spoiled and some of the experience wasn't as good as it could've been (IT WAS STILL AWESOME), but play it. If you like RPGs, you are going to love this game. Honestly, I agree with Blue Moon; easily best game of the year. It's one of my favorite games, actually, and I only played it a few days ago, it was that good. And I didn't even complete the full game! Also, it's cheap, and it can run on virtually any PC. If it can run Minecraft, it can run this.

@@Blue Moon,
I got spoiled to a lot of the plot before playing it, which kinda sucked, but it still managed to surprise me and make me feel a feel unlike any more. I would recommend playing blind, though, a lot of the experience is getting surprised by all of the wacky baloney the game has.

I only got spoiled to plot stuff and a few mercy techniques though, so I had a lot of fun figuring out how to spare everyone. I was also able to get True Pacifist, which was awesome! Undertale; a game so good it convinced me to never play it again.

• Brohoof 2

@@Shift

Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be enjoyable no matter what. I did my first playthrough completely blind (only killed one boss and one common enemy too), and my second one mostly blind (I looked up what requirements have to be met to get the True Pacifist ending).

Yeah, I'm probably not going to play for the Genocide ending. The True Pacifist ending was too good, and I'm too attached the characters now to go on a killing spree.

I'm more familiar with the developer's work on some of the music for Homestuck, but it looks interesting. I'll pick it up eventually. I'm really enjoying Papyrus' themes and can't stop listening to them nonstop. The only downside is that some of the fans get a little aggressive towards those that enjoy the thought of fighting any enemies instead of sparing them. :/

I'm playing it right now, and because my friend choose to not kill any monster, I'm killing everyone in my way :catface: Just to see what ending I have :P My friend played twice, tried to play it once more to see the changes, but told me that this game is "The Devil's game". For those who finished the game, try to play it again, you may be surprised :twi:

T_T I love this game and the feels you will get because of this game I love how its like a bullet hell like game as well when you have to dodges the enemies attack and how you can NOT KILL ANYTHING...This game to me is on the grounds of Earthbound with how much love I have for it

Do not get Genocide ending it will kill your soul

• Brohoof 2

I just started playing it like yesterday I think :P because I heard how great it was.

I must say I love it though, the plot is cool but I mostly care for the characters.

I'm not done it yet, I'm currently trying to be nice to this possesed dummy that started attacking me because I was rude to it's cousin?  :confused:

Also, I have a confession to make. I killed Goat Mom (Toriel)  :( . I didn't want to, but I thought it was the only way to progress. I was upset about it and searched to see if I could not kill her and still get by. I exited out of the game and went to my last checkpoint and changed the outcome but Flowey knows what I did. :sunny: Still feel bad about it, and how I forgot that little piece of information. I don't want to have to kill anything in the game. I'm trying to be friendly towards Papyrus, and not lie to him. I sure hope I don't accidentally kill someone else. Another thing, its scary how fast "adult content" has gotten to the game, I wished it didn't.  :(

• Brohoof 1

@@DageNox,

Don't feel bad about killing goat mom, 90% of the players miss how to spare her. At least you figured out how to spare her in the end! And have fun with the Mad Dummy, he was such a fun mini-boss.

Remember; even when everything seems hopeless, NOBODY has to die. Some of the monsters, especially the bosses, are more difficult to spare then others, some you need to wait it out, some you need to utilize a gimmick they have, but most of them you need to think outside the box.

adult content

Rule 34 

• Brohoof 2

@@Shift, Phew, just beat the game and I am wordless. I'm just so happy I guess at how the game ended, Thankfully I was able to spare everyone. And yes "Rule 34" is what I meant. The people who have the nerve to do that, they disgust me. Toriel is too good, too pure for this world. Man I gotta say, I loved like every character. Even Flowey. I can't even believe I'm saying that. Anyway best not to spoil it. I might destroy my heart when I watch the genocide ending on youtube or a genocide run. ._. wish that wasn't an option now

• Brohoof 1

OH MY GOD

Okay, I am an avid player as well as a watcher of other plays. Undertale is one of those games that I tried, but decided I enjoyed watching others play it more, and my gosh it's amazing. I guess the commentary makes it more enjoyable for me as a whole, but I adore all the characters and the personality and everything - the art style is adorable as well! The music is magical, but I have yet to finish watching the playthrough so I don't quite know the end yet.

To summarise:

goat mum is best mum

napstablook is a beautiful baby

Alphys x Undyne otp

• Brohoof 3

Undertale is my GOTY. It's an absolutely fantastic game, unlike anything I have ever played before. The characters, the dialogue, the music, everything about it is just so great! If you're not sure if you'll like this game, there's a free demo on http://undertale.com/. I urge you to at least try it.

Edit: Just got the true pacifist ending. :pinkie:

Don't click this if you haven't gotten the true pacifist ending yet.

OH MY GOD that final boss (Omega Flowey) was nightmare fuel. Probably even scarier than Gigyas. If absorbing 6 human souls can give you that much power, I wonder how much power 7 would give you...

Okay, so Asriel's soul was made of every soul in the underground and yet he didn't have/use the god-like 4th wall breaking powers that Omega Flowey had? That strikes me as odd.

Edited by RedFireDrgn

eeeey did someone say undertale?

AGRESSIVELY SLIDES IN

oh boy where do I start, it gives me serious earthbound feels and the bullet hell combat style is super cool and really unique, I love the art style and i love how its written

its an experience everyone should just go play for themselves ;u;

@,

And yet, you have a papyrus avatar.

Also I am still getting dunked on, although I was able to make it very far to the point where he's talking about how he's going to use his special attack.