Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever tried clothes for the opposite gender?

Jokuc

Some of my shirts are made to fit men more, but I've never truly experimented. Now, some of my pants are considered to be "gender neutral" (one pair actually has a label on is stating that) but that's a whole different story.

I am not sure if wearing a Scottish Highlander kilt counts. I went out cosplaying as the Demoman for TF2, sword in hand, kilt, Tam O'Shanter... Even learned how to play the bagpipes properly for it.

Although I did once try a pair of white thigh-high socks, I will own up to that.

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver
  • Brohoof 1

One time like 6 or 7 years ago I accidentally wore a pair of my sister's jeans to school and it was terrible. They had no pockets whatsoever for me to put my hands or my vast amounts of random crap that I usually have with me. They weren't really that tight though since I've never been the largest of guys and my sister has always kind of been on the large side. I don't even like wearing pants normally anyways since i feel like they kind of restrict movement. I'll stick with baggy cargo shorts that have massive pockets any day. Much more leg room and storage space.

Edited by SpikusFyre

Normally I wear gender-neutral clothing. Greys, browns, a red tee-shirt. Always t-shirts and sweatpants, a sweatjacket over that. It makes me feel warm and protected. I like it. Jeans are so tight and cold. After they stop being cold, you can't feel them at all! So I stick to warm and soft things instead, but nothing with a pattern and nothing that will make me stand out. Just something that can wrap around me, and nothing revealing. I really don't understand why girls wear strange clothing. I've seen it all the time, and I keep wondering if they're cold...

So if that counts, than I do it all the time, every day. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I have. However, this is not because I get curious about how other clothes fit/feel. A lot of clothes made for males, I feel, have cooler graphic designs on them. I have recently purchased a few anime shirts that are supposed to be for males, but I honestly don't care too much about that. If I like how something looks on me, I will wear it. I mean... their anime shirts. How could I not buy them?

(edited)

Yeah, when I was looking for a suit, I tried on so many girl suits, accidentally. Seriously, why are girl suits the only ones that fit me? Then, there's the time I tried on a skirt out of curiosity. Didn't like it one bit, though. It felt uncomfortable and didn't look good on me in the slightest.

Edited by Fraidy Cat

Well I wore a wedding dress once while a friend of mine of the opposite gender wore a tux just for a few laughs. It was another friend of mines birthday, and her dad was the principle, so for that entire day we celebrated at an empty Junior High with access to most rooms... the theater room being one of them...

Other than that I can't say I have, though I ain't against the idea of wearing something girly...

Yea I told my friend to bring me a crop top to wear as a joke but then she said she'll bring it and I was like if you bring it I'll wear it. So she did and I wore it and it was awesome! So breezy in the abdominal region so free!

Also on my campus I was in my friends' dorm and we played dress up basically. I put on a dress etc. It was pretty cool. I felt pretty goddamn free because it's so breezy in under areas ahahaha XD

I have this one shirt (and currently wearing as of post) of this generic female shirt. A bit short on the sleeves but it don't matter. I enjoy the slicky fabric to it. It's so comfortable ^^~ . I wear it around the house and occasionally in town, getting the odd look once in awhile. Oh well.

I had this other shirt at one point, had a small black skirt attached to it. Same result but with extra cuteness ^^. I do wish male shirts were made in similar like female clothes.

My clothes are mostly gender neutral, and most of them are for "males", but there are some for "females". I wear whatever I want to wear, as long as I feel comfortable and happy that's all that matters to me.

Sure, after I read that one thread about leggings I bought a pear of them. MLP ones of course, for a reason to wear them to convince my parents. But I have had them for about two months now and I really do like them. Won't ever wear them out. I bought a size larger than mine so they weren't skin tight. So I suppose I could wear them out as long as my guy and his boys didn't show.

I don't go out of my way to seek men's clothing. The pants don't fit right and I don't like shirts with buttons that are situated on the wrong side. I will wear men's T-shirts if they fit me and have the right look, but those are typically unisex anyway. So I guess that puts me in the 'no' category. Some men's hats can be nice looking though.  B)

Absolutely, I buy men's shirts all the time because they're more comfy and usually more nicely shaped.  :D  I'm not sure about the other clothes though, it's just the hoodies and shirts that I most usually buy from the guys' section because I feel like they fit me better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...